삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 025-07 사로잡힌 관운장

一日,關公在府,忽報:「內院二夫人哭倒於地,不知為何,請將軍速入。」關公乃整衣跪於內門外,問二嫂為何悲泣。甘夫人曰:「我夜夢皇叔身陷於土坑之內,覺來與糜夫人論之,想在九泉之下矣,是以相哭。」關公曰;「夢寐之事,不可憑信。此嫂嫂想念之故。請勿憂愁。」

正說間,適曹操命使來請關公赴宴。公辭二嫂,往見操。操見公有淚容,問其故。公曰:「二嫂思兄痛哭,不由某心不悲。」操笑而寬解之,頻以酒相勸。公醉,自綽其髯而言曰:「生不能報國家,而背其兄,徒為人也!」操問曰:「雲長髯有數乎?」公曰:「約數百根。每秋月約退三五根。冬月多以皂紗囊裹之,恐其斷也。」操以紗錦作囊,與關公護髯。次日,早朝見帝。帝見關公一紗錦囊垂於胸次,帝問之。關公奏曰:「臣髯頗長,丞相賜囊貯之。」帝令當殿披拂,過於其腹。帝曰:「真美髯公也!」因此人皆呼為美髯公。

忽一日,操請關公宴。臨散,送公出府,見公馬瘦,操曰:「公馬因何瘦?」關公曰:「賤軀頗重,馬不能載,因此常瘦。」操令左右備一馬來。須臾牽至。那馬身如火炭,狀甚雄偉。操指曰:「公識此馬否?」公曰:「莫非呂布所騎赤馬乎?」操曰:「然也。」遂并鞍轡送與關公。關公再拜稱謝。操不悅曰:「吾累送美女金帛,公未嘗下拜;今吾贈馬,乃喜而再拜,何賤人貴畜耶?」關公曰:「吾知此馬日行千里,今幸得之,若知兄長下落,可一日而見面矣。」操愕然悔。關公辭去。後人有詩歎曰:

威傾三國著英豪,
一宅分居義氣高。
奸相枉將虛禮待,
豈知關羽不降曹。

[三國誌詩025-p01]

67 One day when Guan Yu was at home, there came a messenger to say that the two women had thrown themselves on the ground and were weeping. They would not say why.

68 Guan Yu set his dress in order, went over, and knelt by the door, saying, "Why this grief, sisters-in-law?"

69 Lady Gan replied, "In the night I dreamed that the Uncle had fallen into a pit. I woke up and told Lady Mi, and we think he must be dead. So we weep."

70 "Dreams are not to be credited," he replied. "You dreamed of him because you were thinking of him. Pray do not grieve."

71 Just then Guan Yu was invited to another banquet, so he took leave of the ladies and went. Seeing Guan Yu looked sad and tearful, his host asked the reason.

72 "My sisters-in-law have been weeping for my brother, and I cannot help being sad in sympathy."

73 Cao Cao smiled and tried to cheer up his guest. Cao Cao plied Guan Yu with wine so that Guan Yu became quite intoxicated and sat stroking his beard and saying, "What a useless thing am I! I could do no service for my country, and I have parted from my elder brother."

74 "How many hairs in your beard?" suddenly asked his host.

75 "Some hundreds, perhaps. In the autumn a few fall out, but in the winter it is fullest. Then I use a black silk bag to keep the hairs from being broken," replied Guan Yu.

76 Cao Cao had a bag made for him to protect his beard. Soon after when they were at court, the Emperor asked what was the bag he saw on Guan Yu's breast.

77 "My beard is rather long, Your Majesty," said Guan Yu. "So the Prime Minister gave me a bag to protect it."

78 The Emperor bade him take off the bag and show his beard in all its fullness and it fell in rippling waves below his breast.

79 "Really a most beautiful beard!" said the Emperor.

80 This is why people call him: "The Man with the Beautiful Beard."

81 Another time, after a banquet, Cao Cao was seeing his guest start from the gate of his palace when he noticed that his charger was very thin.

82 "Why is it so thin?" said Cao Cao.

83 "My worthless body is rather heavy and really too much for it. It is always out of condition."

84 Cao Cao at once told his attendants to bring out a certain steed, and before long it appeared. It was red, like glowing charcoal, and a handsome creature in every way.

85 "Do you recognize it?" asked Cao Cao.

86 "Why, it is no other than Red Hare!" cried Guan Yu.

87 "Yes, it is Red Hare," said Cao Cao.

88 And he presented the horse, all fully caparisoned, to his guest.

89 Guan Yu bowed many times and thanked him again and again, till Cao Cao began to feel displeased and said, "I have given you many things, lovely handmaids and gold and silks and never won a bow of gratitude from you before. This horse seems to please you better than all the rest. Why do you think so poorly of the damsels and so much of the steed?"

90 "I know the horse: It can travel three hundred miles a day, and I am very lucky to get him. Now as soon as I find out where my brother is, I can get to him in a single day," said Guan Yu.

91 Cao Cao grumbled to himself and began to repent of his gift.

92 Fortune dealt a stunning blow, still he played his part; 
Partitioning his dwelling proved his purity of heart. 
The crafty minister desired to win him to his side, 
But felt that failure was foredoomed however much he tried.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,