삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 029-05 손권의 등장

且說當時孫權承孫策遺命,掌江東之事。經理未定,人報周瑜自巴丘提兵回吳。權曰:「公瑾已回,吾無憂矣。」原來周瑜守禦巴丘,聞知孫策中箭被傷,因此回來問候;將至吳郡,聞策已亡,故星夜來奔喪。當下周瑜哭拜於孫策靈柩之前。吳太夫人出,以遺囑之語告瑜。瑜拜伏於地曰:「敢不效犬馬之力,繼之以死!」

少頃,孫權入。周瑜拜見畢,權曰:「願公無忘先兄遺命。」瑜頓首曰:「願以肝腦塗地,報知己之恩。」權曰:「今承父兄之業,將何策以守之?」瑜曰:「自古『得人者昌,失人者亡』。為今之計,須求高明遠見之人為輔,然後江東可定也。」權曰:「先兄遺言,內事託子布,外事全賴公瑾。」

瑜曰:「子布賢達之士,足當大任。瑜不才,恐負倚託之重,願薦一人以輔將軍。」

權問何人?瑜曰:「姓魯,名肅,字子敬。臨淮東川人也。此人胸懷韜略,腹隱機謀。早年喪父,事母至孝。其家極富,嘗散財以濟貧乏。瑜為居巢長之時,將數百人過臨淮,因乏糧,聞魯肅家有兩囷米,各三千斛,因往求助。肅即指一囷相贈。其慷慨如此。平生好擊劍騎射,寓居曲阿。祖母亡,還葬東城。其友劉子揚欲約彼往巢湖投鄭寶,肅尚躊躇未往。今主公可速召之。」

權大喜,即命周瑜往聘。瑜奉命親往,見肅敘禮畢,具道孫權相慕之意。肅曰:「近劉子揚約某往巢湖,某將就之。」瑜曰:『昔馬援對光武云:「當今之世,非但君擇臣,臣亦擇君。」今吾孫將軍親賢禮士,納奇錄異,世所罕有。足下不須他計,只同我往投東吳為是。』肅從其言,遂同周瑜來見孫權。權甚敬之,與之談論,終日不倦。

一日,眾官皆散,權留魯肅共飲,至晚同榻抵足而臥。夜半,權謂肅曰:「方今漢室傾危,四方紛擾;孤承父兄餘業,思為桓文之事,君將何以教我?」肅曰:「昔漢高祖欲尊事義帝而不獲者,以項羽為害也。今之曹操可比項羽,將軍何由得為桓文乎?肅竊料漢室不可復興,曹操不可卒除。為將軍計,惟有鼎足江東以觀天下之釁。今乘北方多務,剿除黃祖,進伐劉表,竟長江所極而據守之。然後建號帝王,以圖天下,此高祖之業也。」

權聞言大喜,披衣起謝;次日厚贈魯肅,并將衣服幃帳等物,賜肅之母。肅又薦一人見孫權,此人博學多才,事母至孝。覆姓諸葛,名瑾,字子瑜,瑯琊南陽人也。權拜之為上賓。瑾勸權勿通袁紹,且順曹操,然後乘便圖之。權依言,乃遺陳震回,以書絕袁紹。

卻說曹操聞孫策已死,欲起兵下江南。侍御史張紘諫曰:「乘人之喪而伐之,既非義舉;若其不克,棄好成仇;不如因而善遇之。」操然其說,乃即奏封孫權為將軍,兼領會稽太守;既令張紘為會稽都尉,齎印往江東。孫權大喜,又得張紘回吳,即命與張昭同理政事。張紘又薦一人於孫權。此人姓顧,名雍,子元嘆,乃中郎蔡邕之徒;其為人少言語,不飲酒,嚴厲正大。權以為丞,行太守事。自是孫權威震江東,深得民心。

且說陳震回見袁紹,具說「孫策已亡,孫權繼立。曹操封之為將軍,結為外應矣。」袁紹大怒,遂起冀、青、幽、并等處人馬七十餘萬,復來攻取許昌。正是:

江南兵革方休息,冀北干戈又復興。

[三國誌詩029-p03]

未知勝負如何,且看下文分解。

111 When Sun Quan succeeded to his brother and his brother's might, there was still some reorganization to be done. Soon Zhou Yu had arrived at Wujun.

112 The young ruler received him very graciously and said, "I need have no anxiety now that you have come."

113 Zhou Yu had been sent to hold Baqiu. When he heard that his chief had been wounded, he thought it well to return to see how he was. But Sun Ce had died before Zhou Yu could arrive. He hurried to be present at the funeral.

114 When Zhou Yu went to wail at the coffin of his late chief, Lady Wu, the dead man's mother, came out to deliver her son's last injunctions.

115 When she had told him the last charge, Zhou Yu bowed to the earth, saying, "I shall exert the puny powers I have in your service as long as I live."

116 Shortly after Sun Quan came in, and, after receiving Zhou Yu's obeisance, said, "I trust you will not forget my brother's charge to you."

117 Zhou Yu bowed, saying, "I would willingly suffer any form of death for you."

118 "How best can I maintain this great charge which I have inherited from my father and brother?"

119 "He who wins people, prospers; he who loses them, fails. Your present plan should be to seek people of high aims and farseeing views, and you can establish yourself firmly."

120 "My brother bade me consult Zhang Zhao for internal administration, and yourself on external matters," said Sun Quan.

121 "Zhang Zhao is wise and understanding and equal to such a task. I am devoid of talent and fear to take such responsibility, but I venture to recommend to you as a helper one Lu Su, a man of Linhuai. This man's bosom hides strategy, and his breast conceals tactics. He lost his father in early life and has been a perfectly filial son to his mother. His family is rich and renowned for charity to the needy. When I was stationed at Juchao, I led some hundreds of soldiers across Linhuai. We were short of grain. Hearing that the Lu family had two granaries there, each holding three thousand carts, I went to ask for help. Lu Su pointed to one granary and said, 'Take that as a gift.' Such was his generosity!

122 "He has always been fond of fencing and horse archery. He was living in Que. His grandmother died while he was there, and he went to bury her in Dongcheng, and then his friend, Liu Ziyang, wished to engage him to go to Chaohu and join Zheng Bao. However, he hesitated about that and has not gone yet. You should invite him without loss of time."

123 Sun Quan at once sent Zhou Yu to engage the services of this man, and Zhou Yu set out. When the obeisance was over, Zhou Yu laid before Lu Su the inducements that his own master held out.

124 Lu Su replied, "I have been engaged by Liu Ziyang to go to Chaohu, and I am just starting thither."

125 Said Zhou Yu, "Of old Ma Yuan said to Liu Xiu, 'This is an age when not only do princes select their ministers, but ministers must also choose their princes.' Now our General Sun Quan calls to him the wise and treats his officers well. Thus he engages the help of the wonderful and gets the services of the extraordinary in a way that few others do. But if you are not engaged elsewhere, come with me to the South Land as the best thing to do."

126 Lu Su returned with Zhou Yu and saw Sun Quan, who treated him with the greatest deference and with him discussed affairs very fully. The conference proved so interesting that it went on all day and neither felt fatigue.

127 One day at the close of the usual reception, Sun Quan kept Lu Su to dine with him. They sat up late and by and by slept on the same couch as would the closest of friends.

128 In the dead of night Sun Quan said to his bedfellow, "The dynasty is failing, and everything is at sixes and sevens. I have received a great charge from my father and brother, and I am thinking of imitating the actions of the celebrated Protectors of Reign, Wen and Huan, and becoming the leader of the feudal lords, and I pray you instruct me."

129 Lu Su replied, "Of old the Founder of Han, the Supreme Ancestor, wished to honor and serve Emperor Yi of Qin, but could not on account of Xiang Yu's evildoings. Now Cao Cao can be compared with Xiang Yu: How can you be the protector of the Emperor? My humble opinion is that the Hans have fallen beyond hope of recovery and Cao Cao cannot be destroyed, and that the only key to your big schemes is to secure your present position in order to keep the master hand and control the combinations among the others. Now take advantage of the turmoil in the north to smite Huang Zu and attack Liu Biao in Jingzhou. Thereby you will command the whole length of the Great River. Then you may consolidate the empire and become the Son of Heaven. This was how the Supreme Ancestor acted."

130 Hearing this Sun Quan was very greatly pleased. He threw on some clothing, got up, and thanked his newly-found adviser. Next day Sun Quan gave Lu Su costly gifts and sent robes and silks to his mother.

131 Lu Su then recommended a friend of his to Sun Quan's notice, a man of wide reading and great ability. He was also a filial son. His name was Zhuge Jin, and he came from Nanyang. Sun Quan treated Zhuge Jin as a superior guest. This man dissuaded Sun Quan from making common cause with Yuan Shao, but advised him rather to favor Cao Cao, against whom he could plan when occasion served. Sun Quan therefore sent back the messenger Chen Zhen with dispatches that broke off all negotiations.

132 Hearing of Sun Ce's death, Cao Cao was for sending an expedition against the south.

133 But Zhang Hong dissuaded him, saying, "It would be mean to take advantage of the period of mourning. And if you should not overcome him, you will make him an enemy instead of being a friend. It would be preferable to treat him generously."

134 So Cao Cao memorialized the Throne and obtained for Sun Quan the title of General and Governor of Kuaiji, while Zhang Hong was appointed Commander under Sun Quan.

135 And a seal of office was sent to Sun Quan by Zhang Hong. The new appointment pleased Sun Quan, and he was greatly glad to get Zhang Hong back again. Then Zhang Hong was sent to act jointly with Zhang Zhao in the administration.

136 Zhang Hong was the means of getting another into Sun Quan's service. His friend was Gu Yong, a disciple of the Historian Cai Yong. Gu Yong was a man of few words and an abstainer from wine. He was very correct in all things. Sun Quan appointed Gu Yong Deputy Governor.

137 Henceforward Sun Quan's rule was very prosperous, and he waxed mightily in influence and won the love of all the people.

138 When Chen Zhen had returned and related the events in the South Land and told of the honors that Cao Cao had obtained for Sun Quan in return for his support, Yuan Shao was very wroth, and he set about preparing for an attack on Xuchang with a force of seven hundred thousand northern soldiers.

139 Although in the south they rest from war, 
They rattle the spears beneath the northern star.

140 Later it will be seen which side conquered.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,