삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 030-01 관도대전

第三十回:戰官渡本初敗績,劫烏巢孟德燒糧

Shunning Advice, Yuan Shao Loses Leaders and Granaries;
Using Strategy, Cao Cao Scores Victory At Guandu. 

卻說袁紹興兵,望官渡進發。夏侯惇發書告急。曹操起軍七萬,前往迎敵,留荀彧守許都。紹兵臨發,田豐從獄中上書諫曰:「今且宜靜守以待天時,不可妄興大兵,恐有不利。」逢紀譖曰:「主公興仁義之師,田豐何得出此不祥之語?」

紹因怒,欲斬田豐。眾官告免。紹恨曰:「待吾破了曹操,明正其罪!」遂催軍進發。旌旗遍野,刀劍如林。行至陽武,下定寨柵。沮授曰:「我軍雖眾,而勇猛不及彼軍;彼軍雖精,而糧草不如我軍。彼軍無糧,利在急戰;我軍有糧,宜且緩守。若能曠以日月,則彼軍不戰自敗矣。」紹怒曰:「田豐慢我軍心,吾回日必斬之。汝安敢又如此!」──叱左右將沮授鎖禁軍中。──「待我破曹之後,與田豐一體治罪!」

於是下令,將大軍七十萬,東西南北,週圍安營,連絡九十餘里。細作探知虛實,報至官渡。曹軍新到,聞之皆懼。曹操與眾謀士商議。荀攸曰:「紹軍雖多,不足懼也。我軍俱精銳之士,無不一以當十。但利在急戰。若遷延日月,糧草不敷,事可憂矣。」操曰:「所言正合吾意。」遂傳令軍將鼓譟而進。紹軍來迎,兩邊排成陣勢。審配撥弩手一萬,伏於兩翼;弓箭手五千,伏於門旗內,約響齊發。

三通鼓罷,袁紹金盔金甲,錦袍玉帶,立馬陣前。左右排列著張郃、高覽、韓猛、淳于瓊等諸將。旌旗節鉞,甚是嚴整。曹陣上門旗開處,曹操出馬。許褚、張遼、徐晃、李典等,各持兵器,前後擁衛。曹操以鞭指袁紹曰:「吾於天子之前,保奏你為大將軍;今何故謀反?」紹怒曰:「汝託名漢相,實為漢賊!罪惡彌天,甚於莽、卓,乃反誣人造反耶!」操曰:「吾今奉詔討汝!」紹曰:「吾奉衣帶詔討賊!」

操怒,使張遼出戰。張郃躍馬來迎。二將鬥了四五十合,不分勝負。曹操見了,暗暗稱奇。許褚揮刀縱馬,直出助戰。高覽挺槍接住。四員將捉對兒廝殺。曹操令夏侯惇、曹洪,各引三千軍,齊衝彼陣。審配見曹軍來衝陣,便令放起號砲。兩下萬弩並發,中車內弓箭手一齊擁出陣前亂射。曹軍如何抵敵,望南急走。袁紹驅兵掩殺,曹軍大敗,盡退至官渡。袁紹移軍逼近官渡下寨。審配曰:「今可撥兵十萬守官渡,就曹操寨前築起土山,令軍人下視寨中放箭。操若棄此而去,吾得此隘口,許昌可破矣。」

紹從之,於各寨內選精壯軍人,用鐵鍬土擔,齊來曹操寨邊,壘土成山。曹營內見袁軍堆築土山,欲待出去衝突,被審配弓弩手當住咽喉要路,不能前進。十日之內,築成土山五十餘座,上立高櫓,分撥弓弩手於其上射箭。曹軍大懼,皆頂著遮箭牌守禦。土山上一聲梆子響處,箭下如雨。曹軍皆蒙楯伏地,袁軍吶喊而笑。曹操見軍慌亂,集眾謀士問計。劉曄進曰:「可作發石車以破之。」操令曄進車式,連夜造發石車數百乘,分布營牆內,正對著土山上雲梯。候弓箭手射箭時,營內一齊拽動石車,砲石飛空,往上亂打。人無躲處,弓箭手死者無數。袁軍皆號其車為「霹靂車」。由是袁軍不敢登高射箭。

1 Hearing that Yuan Shao was hastening to attack at Guandu, Xiahou Dun wrote to the capital urgently asking for reinforcements, and Cao Cao told off seventy thousand troops with which he marched. Xun Yu was left to guard the capital.

2 Just as Yuan Shao's army was starting, Tian Feng sent out a remonstrance from his prison cell, saying, "My lord, a hasty attack in full scale will bring disaster to our army. It is best now to wait upon such times as Heaven should appoint."

3 Peng Ji said to Yuan Shao, "Why does this Tian Feng utter ill-omened words? My lord is sending forth an army in the cause of humanity and justice."

4 Easily moved to anger, Yuan Shao was going to execute Tian Feng, but this time he forbore at the entreaties of many of his officers.

5 However, he was not appeased, for he said, "I will punish Tian Feng when I return from conquering Cao Cao."

6 Meanwhile Yuan Shao hastened to start. The banners of his host filled the horizon, their swords were as trees in the forest. They marched to Yangwu and there made a strong camp.

7 Then Ju Shou once more opposed any hasty movement, saying, "Though our soldiers are many, they are not so bold as the enemy. However, veterans as are the enemy, they have not ample supplies. Therefore they will wish to force on a speedy battle, while our policy is to hold them off and delay. If we can keep from a decisive battle long enough, the victory will be ours without fighting."

8 This advice did not appeal to Yuan Shao.

9 Said he, threateningly, "Tian Feng spoke discouraging words to my armies, and I will assuredly put him to death on my return. How dare you follow in the same way?"

10 Yuan Shao summoned the lictors and sent away the adviser in chains, saying, "When I have overcome Cao Cao, then will I deal with you and Tian Feng together!"

11 The huge army was camped in four divisions, one toward each point of the compass. The camps were thirty miles in circuit. Scouts and spies were sent out to discover the strong and the weak points of the enemy.

12 Cao Cao's army arrived and were smitten with fear when they heard of the strength of their enemy. The leader called together his council.

13 Then said Adviser Xun You, "The enemy are many but not terrible. Ours is an army of veterans, every soldier of ours worth ten of theirs. But our advantage lies in a speedy battle, for unhappily our stores are insufficient for a long campaign."

14 "You speak to the point," said Cao Cao. "I think the same."

15 Therefore Cao Cao issued orders to press noisily forward and force on a battle. Yuan Shao's soldiers took up the challenge, and the two sides were arrayed. On Yuan Shao's side, Shen Pei placed ten thousand of crossbowmen in ambush on the two wings, while five thousand of archers held the center. The signal for general attack was a bomb, and the onset was to continue through three rolls of the drum.

16 Yuan Shao wore a silver helmet and breastplate and an embroidered robe held in by a jeweled belt. He took up his post in the center with his commanders---Gao Lan, Zhang He, Han Meng, Chunyu Qiong, and others---ranged right and left. His banners and ensigns made a brave show.

17 When Cao Cao's army's center opened and the banners moved aside, the chieftain appeared on horseback with his staff of doughty leaders all fully armed---Xu Chu, Zhang Liao, Xu Huang, Li Dian, and others.

18 Pointing with his whip at Yuan Shao, Cao Cao cried, "In the presence of the Emperor, I pressed your claims to consideration and obtained for you the title of Regent Marshal. Why do you now plan rebellion?"

19 Yuan Shao replied, "You take the title of a minister of Han, but you are really a rebel against the House. Your crimes and evil deeds reach to the heavens, and you are worse than the usurper Wang Mang and the rebel Dong Zhuo. What are these slanderous words about rebellion that dare you address to me?"

20 "I have a command to make you prisoner!"

21 "I have the Girdle Decree to arrest rebels!" replied Yuan Shao.

22 Then Cao Cao became wrathful and bade Zhang Liao ride forth as his champion. From the other side rode Zhang He on a curvetting steed. The two champions fought forty or fifty bouts with no advantage to either. In his heart Cao Cao thought the contest amazing. Then Xu Chu whirled up his sword and went to help. From the other side, to match him rode out Gao Lan with his spear set, and the contestants were now four, battling two and two. Then Cao Cao ordered three thousand troops under Xiahou Dun and Cao Hong to attack the opponents' array. Thereupon on Yuan Shao's side, Shen Pei gave the signal for attack, and the legion of crossbowmen on the wings shot and the center archers let fly all together. The arrows flew all over the field in front, and Cao Cao's troops could not advance. They hastened away toward the south. Yuan Shao threw his soldiers on their rear, and they were broken. They fled away toward Guandu, and Yuan Shao advanced another stage. He camped near them.

23 Then Shen Pei said, "Now send one hundred thousand soldiers to guard Guandu, and get near Cao Cao's camp. Then build up observation mounds to get a clear view of the enemy, and choose vantage points whence to shoot arrows into the midst of their host. If we can force him to evacuate this place, we shall have gained a strategic point whence Capital Xuchang can be attacked."

24 Yuan Shao adopted this suggestion. From each of the camps, they sought out the strongest veterans who dug with iron spades and carried earth to raise mounds near Cao Cao's camp.

25 Cao Cao's soldiers saw what their enemies were doing and were anxious to make a sortie and drive them off. But the archers and crossbowmen came out commanding the narrow throat through which it was necessary to attack and stayed them. At the end of ten days, they had build up more than half a hundred mounds, and on the summit of each was a lofty tower, whence the archers could command their opponents' camp. Cao Cao's soldiers were greatly frightened and held up their bucklers to keep off the various missiles. From the mounds the arrows flew down like a fierce rain after each roll of drums. The soldiers of Yuan Shao's army laughed and jeered when they saw their enemies crouching under their shields and crawling on the ground to avoid their missiles.

26 Cao Cao saw that his troops were getting out of hand under this attack, so he called a council.

27 Liu Ye spoke up, saying, "Let us make catapults and so destroy them."

28 Cao Cao at once had models brought and set cunning workers to make these stone-throwing machines. They soon constructed some hundreds and placed them along the walls of the camp inside, just opposite the high ladders on the enemy's mounds.

29 Then Cao Cao's troops watched for Yuan Shao's archers to ascend the towers. As soon as the archers began to shoot, all the catapults began to heave stone balls into the skies and they wrought great havoc. There was no shelter from the falling stones, and enormous numbers of the archers were killed. Yuan Shao's troops called these machines "Rumblers," and after their appearance the archers dared not ascend the mounds to shoot.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,