삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 030-03 관도대전

且說曹操軍糧告竭,急發使往許昌教荀彧作速措辦糧草,星夜解赴軍前接濟。使者齎書而往;行不上三十里,被袁軍捉住,縛見謀士許攸。那許攸字子遠,少時曾與曹操為友,此時卻在袁紹處為謀士。當下搜得使者所齎曹操催糧書信,逕來見紹曰:「曹操屯軍官渡,與我相持已久,許昌必空虛;若分一軍星夜掩襲許昌,則許昌可拔,而曹操可擒也。今操糧草已盡,正可乘此機會,兩路擊之。」紹曰:「曹操詭計極多,此書乃誘敵之計也。」攸曰:「今若不取,後將反受其害。」

正話間,忽有使者自鄴郡來,呈上審配書。書中先說運糧事;後言許攸在冀州時,嘗濫受民間財物,且縱令子姪輩多科稅錢糧入己,今已收其子姪下獄矣。紹見書大怒曰:「濫行匹夫!尚有面目於吾前獻計耶!汝與曹操有舊,想今亦受他財賄,為他作奸細,啜賺吾軍耳!本當斬首,今權且寄頭在項!可速退出,今後不許相見!」

許攸出,仰天歎曰:「『忠言逆耳』,『豎子不足與謀!』吾子姪已遭審配之害,吾何顏復見冀州之人乎!」遂欲拔劍自刎。左右奪劍勸曰:「公何輕生至此?袁紹不納直言,後必為曹操所擒。公既與曹公有舊,何不棄暗投明?」只這兩句言語,點醒許攸;於是許攸逕投。後人有詩歎曰:

本初豪氣蓋中華,官渡相持枉歎嗟。
若使許攸謀見用,山河豈得屬曹家?

[三國誌詩030-p01]

卻說許攸暗步出營,逕投曹寨,伏路軍人拿住。攸曰:「我是曹丞相故友,快與我通報,說南陽許攸來見。」軍士忙報入寨中。時操方解衣歇息,聞說許攸私奔到寨,大喜,不及穿履,跣足出迎。遙見許攸,撫掌歡笑,攜手共入,操先拜於地。攸慌扶起曰:「公乃漢相,吾乃布衣,何謙恭如此?」操曰:「公乃操故友,豈敢以名爵相上下乎!」攸曰:「某不能擇主,屈身袁紹,言不聽,計不從,今特棄之來見故人。願賜收錄。」操曰:「子遠肯來,吾事濟矣。願即教我以破紹之計。」攸曰:「吾曾教袁紹以輕騎乘掩許都,首尾相攻。」操大驚曰:「若袁紹用子言,吾事敗矣。」攸曰:「公今軍糧尚有幾何?」操曰:「可支一年。」攸笑曰:「恐未必。」操曰:「有半年耳。」

攸拂袖而起,趨步出帳曰:「吾以誠相投,而公見欺如是,豈吾所望哉!」操挽留曰:「子遠勿嗔,尚容實訴。軍中糧實可支三月耳。」攸笑曰:「世人皆言孟德奸雄,今果然也。」操亦笑曰:「豈不聞兵不厭詐?」遂附耳低言曰:「軍中止有此月之糧。」攸大聲曰:「休瞞我,糧已盡矣!」操愕然曰:「何以知之?」攸乃出操與荀彧之書以示之曰:「此書何人所寫?」操驚問曰:「何處得之?」攸以獲使之事相告。操執其手曰:「子遠既念舊交而來,願即有以教我。」攸曰:「明公以孤軍抗大敵,而不求急勝之方,此取死之道也。攸有一策,不過三日,使袁紹百萬之眾,不戰自破。明公還肯聽否?」操喜曰:「願聞良策。」攸曰:「袁紹軍糧輜重,盡積烏巢,今撥淳于瓊把守。瓊嗜酒無備;公可選精兵詐稱袁將蔣奇領兵到彼護糧,乘間燒其糧草輜重,則紹軍不三日將自亂矣。」操大喜,重待許攸,留於寨中。

52 In Cao Cao's army food was also getting scarce, and a message was sent to Capital Xuchang to send grain quickly. The messenger with the letter, however, had not gone far when he fell into the hands of Yuan Shao's guards, who took him to the adviser Xu You.

53 Seeing from the letter that Cao Cao was short of supplies, Xu You went to Yuan Shao and told him, saying, "Cao Cao and we have been at grips here for a long time, and Capital Xuchang must be undefended. A small army sent quickly could take it, and at the same moment an attack here would deliver Cao Cao into our hands. Now is the moment to strike, for his supplies are short."

54 Yuan Shao replied, "Cao Cao is full of ruses, and this letter is artfully designed to bring about a battle to suit himself."

55 "If you do not take this chance, he will do you some injury by and by."

56 Just at this juncture in came a dispatch from Yejun in which, after some details regarding the forwarding of grain, Shen Pei said he had discovered that Xu You had been in the habit of receiving bribes while in Jizhou and had winked at his relatives collecting excess taxes. One of his son and nephew were then in prison.

57 At this Yuan Shao turned on Xu You angrily and said, "How can you have the face to stand before me and propose plans, you extortionate fellow? You and Cao Cao have old liking for each other, and he has bribed you to do his dirty work for him and help his base schemes. Now you want to betray my army. I ought to take off your head, but temporarily I will let your neck carry it away. Get out and never let me see you again."

58 The discredited adviser sighed and went out, saying, "Faithful words offend his ear. He is a pest and unworthy of advice from me. And now that Shen Pei has injured my son and nephew, how can I look my fellow folks in the face again?"

59 And Xu You drew his sword to end his life. But his people prevented that.

60 They said, "If Yuan Shao rejects your honest words, then assuredly he will be taken by Cao Cao. You are an old friend of Cao Cao's: Why not abandon the shade for the sunlight?"

61 Just these few words awakened Xu You to consciousness of his position, and he decided to leave Yuan Shao and go over to Cao Cao for he was an old friend.

62 Vainly now for chances lost 
Yuan Shao sighs; once he was great. 
Had he taken Xu You's advice, 
Cao Cao had not set up a state.

63 Xu You stealthily left the camp and set out for Cao Cao's lines. He was captured on the way. He told his captors: "I am an old friend of the Prime Minister. Go and tell the Prime Minister that Xu You of Nanyang wishes to see him."

64 They did so. Cao Cao was resting in his tent, his clothing loose and comfortable after the toils of the day. When he heard who wished to see him, he arose quite joyfully and hastily ran out, on bare feet, to receive Xu You. Cao Cao went forth to greet him. They saw each other in the distance, and Cao Cao clapped his hands with gladness, bowing to the ground when near enough to his visitor.

65 Xu You hastened to help him rise, saying, "Sir, you, a great minister, should not thus salute a simple civilian like me."

66 "But you are my old friend, and no name or office makes any difference to us," replied Cao Cao.

67 "Having been unable to choose the lord I would serve, I bowed my head before Yuan Shao wishing to support him sincerely. But he was deaf to my words and disregarded my plans. Wherefore I have left him and come now to see my old friend from whom I hope employment."

68 "If you are willing to come, then have I indeed a helper," said Cao Cao. "I desire you to give me a scheme for the destruction of Yuan Shao."

69 "I counseled him to send a light force to take Capital Xuchang and at the same time attack here in full scale so that head and tail be both attacked."

70 Cao Cao was alarmed, saying, "If he does so, I am lost!"

71 "How much grain have you in store?" said the new adviser.

72 "Enough for a year."

73 "I think not quite," said Xu You, smiling.

74 "Well, half a year."

75 The visitor shook out his sleeves, rose and hurried toward the door of the tent, saying, "I offer him good counsel, and he repays me with deceit. Could I have expected it?"

76 Cao Cao held him back.

77 "Do not be angry," said he. "I will tell you the truth. Really I have here only enough for three months."

78 "Everybody says you are a marvel of wickedness, and indeed it is true," said Xu You.

79 "But who does not know that in war there is no objection to deceit?" replied Cao Cao.

80 Then whispering in Xu You's ear, he said, "Actually here I have only supplies for this month's use."

81 "O do not throw dust in my eyes any more. Your grain is exhausted and I know it."

82 Cao Cao was startled, for he thought no one knew of the straits he was in.

83 "How did you find that out?" said Cao Cao.

84 Xu You produced the captured letter, saying, "Who wrote that?"

85 "Where did you get it?"

86 Whereupon Xu You told Cao Cao the story of the captured messenger.

87 Cao Cao seized him by the hand, saying, "Since our old friendship has brought you to me, I hope you have some plan to suggest to me."

88 Xu You said, "To oppose a great army with a small one is to walk in the way of destruction, unless you inflict quick defeat. I can propose a plan which will defeat the innumerable hordes of Yuan Shao without fighting a battle. But will you follow my advice?"

89 "I very much desire to know your plan," said Cao Cao.

90 "Your enemy's stores of all kinds are at Wuchao, where the Commander of the Guard is that drunkard Chunyu Qiong. You can send some of your trusty veterans to pretend they belong to one of Yuan Shao's generals, Jiang Qi, sent to help guard the depot. These soldiers can find an opportunity to fire the grain and stores of all kinds, which will upset all Yuan Shao's calculations. In three days Yuan Shao is no more."

91 Cao Cao greatly approved. He treated Xu You very liberally and kept him in his camp. 

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,