삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 031-01 원소의 좌절

第三十一回:曹操倉亭破本初,玄德荊州依劉表

Cao Cao Overcomes Yuan Shao In Cangting;
Liu Bei Seeks Shelter With Liu Biao In Jingzhou.

卻說曹操乘袁紹之敗,整頓軍馬,迤邐追襲。袁紹幅巾單衣,引八百餘騎,奔至黎陽北岸,大將蔣義渠出寨迎接。紹以前事訴與義渠,義渠乃招諭離散之眾。眾聞紹在,又皆蟻聚,軍勢復振,議還冀州。軍行之次,夜宿荒山。紹於帳中聞遠遠有哭聲,遂私往聽之。卻是敗軍相聚,訴說喪兄失弟,棄伴亡親之苦,各各搥胸大哭;皆曰:「若聽田豐之言,我等怎遭此禍!」紹大悔曰:「吾不聽田豐之言,兵敗將亡,今回去,有何面目見之耶!」

次日,上馬正行間,逢紀引軍來接。紹對逢紀曰:「吾不聽田豐之言,致有此敗。吾今歸去,羞見此人。」逢紀因譖曰:「豐在獄中聞主公兵敗,撫掌大笑曰:『固不出吾之料!』」袁紹大怒曰:「豎儒怎敢笑我!我必殺之!」遂命使者齎寶劍先往冀州獄中殺田豐。

卻說田豐在獄中。一日,獄吏來見豐曰:「與別駕賀喜。」豐曰:「何喜可賀?」獄吏曰:「袁將軍大敗而回,君必見重矣。」豐笑曰:「吾今死矣!」獄吏問曰:「人皆為君喜,君何言死也?」豐曰:「袁將軍外寬而內忌,不念忠誠。若勝而喜,猶能赦我;今戰敗則羞,吾不望生矣。」

獄吏未信。忽使者齎劍至,傳袁紹命,欲取田豐之首,獄吏方驚。豐曰:「吾固知必死也。」獄吏皆流淚。豐曰:「大丈夫生於天地間,不識其主而事之,是無智也!今日受死,夫何足惜!」乃自刎於獄中。後人有詩曰:

昨朝沮授軍中死,今日田豐獄內亡。
河北棟梁皆折斷,本初焉不喪家邦?

田豐既死,聞者皆為歎惜。袁紹回冀州,心煩意亂,不理政事。其妻劉氏勸立後嗣。紹所生三子,長子袁譚字顯忠,出守青州,次子袁熙字顯奕,出守幽州,三子袁尚字顯甫,是紹後妻劉氏所出,生得形貌俊偉,紹甚愛之,因此留在身邊。自官渡兵敗之後,劉氏勸立尚為後嗣。紹乃與審配、逢紀、辛評、郭圖四人商議。原來審、逢二人,向輔袁尚;辛、郭二人,向輔袁譚。四人各為其主。

當下袁紹謂四人曰:「今外患未息,內事不可不早定,吾將議立後嗣。長子譚,為人性剛好殺;次子熙,為人柔懦難成;三子尚,有英雄之表,禮賢敬士,吾欲立之。公等之意若何?」郭圖曰:「三子之中,譚為長,今又居外;主公若廢長立幼,此亂萌也。目下軍威稍挫,敵兵壓境,豈可復使父子兄弟自相爭亂耶?主公且理會拒敵之策,立嗣之事,再容後議。」

1 Cao Cao lost no time in taking advantage of Yuan Shao's flight, but smote hard at the retreating army. Yuan Shao without helmet or proper dress, and with few followers, crossed hastily to the north bank at Liyang. He was met by one of his generals, Jiang Yiqu 장의거, who took him in and comforted him and listened to the tale of misfortunes. Next Jiang Yiqu called in the scattered remnants of the army, and when the soldiers heard that their old lord was alive they swarmed to him like ants, so that Yuan Shao quickly became strong enough to attempt the march to Jizhou. Soon the army set out and at night halted at Huang Hills.

2 That evening, sitting in his tent, Yuan Shao seemed to hear a far off sound of lamentation. He crept out quietly to listen and found it was his own soldiers telling each other tales of woe. This one lamented an elder brother lost, that one grieved for his younger brother abandoned, a third mourned a companion missing, a fourth, a relative cut off. And each beat his breast and wept.

3 And all said, "Had he but listened to Tian Feng 전풍, we had not met this disaster!"

4 Yuan Shao, very remorseful, said, "I did not hearken unto Tian Feng, and now my soldiers have been beaten and I was nearly lost. How can I return and look him in the face?"

5 Next day the march was resumed, and Yuan Shao met Peng Ji 봉기 with reinforcements, to whom he said, "I disregarded Tian Feng's advice and have brought myself to defeat. Now shall I be greatly ashamed to look him in the face."

6 This tribute to Tian Feng's prescience roused the jealousy of Peng Ji, who replied, "Yes. When he heard the news of your defeat, though he was a prisoner, he clapped his hands for joy and said, 'Indeed, just as I foretold!'"

7 "How dare he laugh at me, the blockhead? Assuredly he shall die!" said Yuan Shao.

8 Whereupon Yuan Shao wrote a letter and sent therewith a sword to slay the prisoner.

9 Meanwhile Tian Feng's gaoler came to him one day, saying, "Above all humans I felicitate you."

10 "What is the joyful occasion and why felicitate?" said Tian Feng.

11 The gaoler replied, "Imperial Protector Yuan Shao has been defeated and is on his way back. He will treat you with redoubled respect."

12 "Now am I a dead man!" said Tian Feng.

13 "Why say you that, Sir, when all people give you joy?"

14 "The Imperial Protector appears liberal, but he is jealous and forgetful of honest advice. Had he been victorious, he might have pardoned me. Now that he has been defeated and put to shame, I may not hope to live."

15 But the gaoler did not believe Tian Feng. Before long came the letter and the sword with the fatal order.

16 The gaoler was dismayed, but the victim said, "I knew all too well that I should have to die."

17 The gaoler wept.

18 Tian Feng said, "An able person born into this world who does not recognize and serve the right lord is ignorant. Today I die, but I am not deserving of pity."

19 Whereupon he cut his throat in the prison.

20 Ju Shou but yesterday was killed, 
Tian Feng ends his life his fate fulfilled; 
The Yellow River's main beams break one by one, 
Mourn ye that Yuan House! Its day is done.

21 Thus died Tian Feng, pitied of all who heard of his fate.

22 When Yuan Shao came home in Jizhou, he was with troubled mind and distorted thoughts. He could not attend to the business of government and became so ill that his second wife, who came of the Liu 유씨 family and had replaced the first wife after her death, besought him to make his last dispositions.

23 Now three sons had been born to Yuan Shao: Yuan Tan 원담 the eldest, who was the Commander of Qingzhou; Yuan Xi 원희, who ruled over Youzhou; and Yuan Shang 원상, borne to him by Lady Liu. This youngest son was very handsome and noble looking, and his father's favorite. So he was kept at home.

24 After the defeat at Guandu, the lad's mother was constantly urging that her son should be named as successor, and Yuan Shao called together four of his counselors to consider this matter. These four happened to be divided in their sympathies: Shen Pei 심배 and Peng Ji 봉기 being in favor of the youngest son, and Xin Ping 신평 and Guo Tu 곽도 supporters of the eldest.

25 When they met to consult, Yuan Shao said, "As there is nought but war and trouble outside our borders, it is necessary that tranquillity within be early provided for, and I wish to appoint my successor. My eldest son is hard and cruel, my second is mild and unfit. The third has the outward form of a hero, appreciates the wise, and is courteous to his subordinates. I wish him to succeed, but I wish that you tell me your opinions."

26 Guo Tu said, "Yuan Tan is your first born, and he is in a position of authority beyond your control. If you pass over the eldest in favor of the youngest, you sow the seeds of turbulence. The prestige of the army has been somewhat lowered and enemies are on our border. Should you add to our weakness by making strife between father and son, elder and younger brothers? Rather consider how the enemy may be repulsed and turn to the question of the heirship later."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,