삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 031-05 원소의 좌절

玄德大喜,便令孫乾星夜往荊州。到郡入見劉表。禮畢,劉表問曰:「公從玄德,何故至此?」乾曰:「劉使君天下英雄,雖兵微將寡,而志欲匡扶社稷。汝南劉辟、龔都素無親故,亦以死報之。明公與使君,同為漢室之冑;今使君新敗,欲往江東投孫仲謀。乾諫言曰:『不可背親而向書疏。荊州劉將軍禮賢下士,士歸之如水之投東,何況同宗乎?』因此使君特使乾先來拜白,惟明公命之。」

表大喜曰:「玄德,吾弟也。久欲相會,而不可得。今肯惠顧,實為幸甚。」蔡瑁譖曰:「不可。劉備先從呂布,後事曹操,近投袁紹,皆不克終,足可見其為人。今若納之,曹操必加兵於我,枉動干戈;不如斬孫乾之首,以獻曹操,操必重待主公也。」孫乾正色曰:「乾非懼死之人也。劉使君忠心為國,非曹操、袁紹、呂布等比。前此相從,不得已也。今聞劉將軍漢朝苗裔,誼切同宗,故千里相投。爾何獻讒而妒賢如此耶!」

劉表聞言,乃叱蔡瑁曰:「吾主意已定,汝勿多言。」蔡瑁慚恨而出。劉表遂命孫乾先往報玄德,一面親自出郭三十里迎接。玄德見表,執禮甚恭。表亦相待甚厚。玄德引關、張等拜見劉表,表遂與玄德同入荊州,分撥院宅居住。

卻說曹操探知玄德已往荊州,投奔劉表,便欲引兵攻之。程昱曰:「袁紹未除,而遽攻荊、襄,倘袁紹從北而起,勝負未可知矣。不如還兵許都,養軍蓄銳,待來年春煖,然後引兵先破袁紹,後取荊、襄。南北之利,一舉可收也。」

操然其言,遂提兵回許都。至建安八年,春正月,操復商議興兵。先差夏侯惇、滿寵鎮守汝南,以拒劉表;留曹仁、荀彧守許都;親統大軍前赴官渡屯紮。

且說袁紹自舊歲感冒吐血症候,今方稍愈,商議欲攻許都。審配諫曰:「舊歲官渡、倉亭之敗,軍心未振,尚當深溝高壘,以養軍民之力。」

正議間,忽報曹操進兵官渡,來攻冀州。紹曰:「若候兵臨城下,將至河邊,然後拒敵,事已遲矣。吾當自領大軍出迎。」袁尚曰:「父親病體未痊,不可遠征。兒願提兵前去迎敵。」紹許之,遂使人往青州取袁譚,幽州取袁熙,并州取高幹,四路同破曹操。正是:

纔向汝南鳴戰鼓,又從冀北動征鼙。

未知勝負如何,且看下文分解。

98 So with his lord's approval, Sun Qian 손건 set off immediately and hastened to Jingzhou. When the ceremonies of greeting were over, Liu Biao 유표 asked the reason of the visit.

99 Said Sun Qian, "The princely Liu Bei is one of the heroes of the day, although just at the moment he may lack soldiers and leaders. His mind is set upon restoring the dynasty to its pristine glory, and at Runan the two commanders, Liu Pi 유벽 and Gong Du 공도, though bound to him by no ties, were content to die for the sake of his ideals. You, Illustrious Sir, like Liu Bei, are a scion of the imperial stock. Now the Princely One has recently suffered defeat and thinks of seeking a home in the east with Sun Quan 손권. I have ventured to dissuade him, saying that he should not turn from a relative and go to a mere acquaintance; telling him that you, Sir, are well known as courteous to the wise and condescending to scholars, so that they flock to you as the waters flow to the east sea, and that certainly you would show kindness to one of the same ancestry. Wherefore he has sent me to explain matters and request your commands."

100 "He is my brother," said Liu Biao, "and I have long desired to see him, but no opportunity has occurred. I should be very happy if he would come."

101 Cai Mao 채모, who was sitting by, here broke in, "No, no! Liu Bei first followed Lu Bu, then he served Cao Cao, and next he joined himself to Yuan Shao. And he stayed with none of these, so that you can see what manner of man he is. If he comes here, Cao Cao will assuredly come against us and fight. Better cut off this messenger's head and send it as an offering to Cao Cao, who would reward you well for the service."

102 Sun Qian sat unmoved while this harangue was pronounced, saying at the end, "I am not afraid of death. Liu Bei, the Princely One, is true and loyal to the state and so out of sympathy with Lu Bu 여포, or Cao Cao, or Yuan Shao. It is true he followed these three, but there was no help for it. Now he knows your chief is a member of the family, so that both are of the same ancestry, and that is why he has come far to join him. How can you slander a good man like that?"

103 Liu Biao bade Cai Mao be silent and said, "I have decided, and you need say no more."

104 Whereat Cai Mao sulkily left the audience chamber.

105 Then Sun Qian was told to return with the news that Liu Bei would be welcome, and Imperial Protector Liu Biao went ten miles beyond the city to meet his guest.

106 When Liu Bei arrived, he behaved to his host with the utmost politeness and was warmly welcomed in return. Then Liu Bei introduced his two sworn brothers and friends and they entered Jingzhou City where Liu Bei finally was lodged in the Imperial Protector's own residence.

107 As soon as Cao Cao knew whither his enemy had gone, he wished to attack Liu Biao, but Cheng Yu 정욱 advised against any attempt so long as Yuan Shao, the dangerous enemy, was left with power to inflict damage.

108 He said, "My lord should return to the capital to refresh the soldiers so that they may be ready for a north and south campaign in the mild spring weather."

109 Cao Cao accepted his advice and set out for the capital. In the first month of the eighth year of Rebuilt Tranquillity (AD 203), Cao Cao once again began to think of war, and sent to garrison Runan as a precaution against Liu Biao. Then, after arranging for the safety of the capital, he marched a large army to Guandu, the camp of the year before, and aimed at Jizhou.

110 As to Yuan Shao, who had been suffering from blood-spitting but was now in better health, he began to think of measures against Xuchang, but Shen Pei 심배 dissuaded him, saying, "You are not yet recovered from the fatigues of last year. It would be better to make your position impregnable and set to improving the army."

111 When the news of Cao Cao's approach arrived, Yuan Shao said, "If we allow the foe to get close to the city before we march to the river, we shall have missed our opportunity. I must go out to repel this army."

112 Here his son Yuan Shang 원상 interposed, "Father, you are not sufficiently recovered for a campaign and should not go so far. Let me lead the army against this enemy."

113 Yuan Shao consented, and he sent to Qingzhou 원담 and Youzhou 원희 and Bingzhou 고간 to call upon his other two sons and his nephew to attack Cao Cao at the same time as his own army.

114 Against Runan they beat the drum, 
And from Jizhou the armies come.

115 To whom the victory will be seen in the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,