삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 032-01 골육상쟁

第三十二回:奪冀州袁尚爭鋒,決漳河許攸獻計

Jizhou Taken: Yuan Shang Strives;
River Zhang Cut: Xun You Schemes.

卻說袁尚自斬史渙之後,自負其勇,不待袁譚等兵至,自引兵數萬出黎陽,與曹軍前隊相迎。張遼當先出馬,袁尚挺槍來戰,不三合,架隔遮攔不住,大敗而走。張遼乘勢掩殺,袁尚不能主張,急急引軍奔回冀州。袁紹聞袁尚敗回,又受了一驚,舊病復發,吐血數斗,昏倒在地。劉夫人慌救入臥內,病勢漸危。劉夫人急請審配、逢紀,直至袁紹榻前,商議後事。紹但以手指而不能言。劉夫人曰:「尚可繼後嗣否?」紹點頭。審配便就榻前寫了遺囑。紹翻身大叫一聲,又吐血斗餘而死。後人有詩曰:

累世公卿立大名,少年意氣自縱橫。
空招俊傑三千客,漫有英雄百萬兵。
羊質虎皮功不就,鳳毛雞膽事難成。
更憐一種傷心處,家難徒延兩弟兄。

袁紹既死,審配等主持喪事。劉夫人便將袁紹所愛寵妾五人,盡行殺害;又恐其陰魂於九泉之下再與紹相見,乃髡其髮,刺其面,毀其屍:其妒惡如此。袁尚恐寵妾家屬為害,並收而殺之。審配、逢紀立袁尚為大司馬將軍,領冀、青、幽、并四州牧,遣使報喪。此時袁譚已發兵離青州;知父死,便與郭圖、辛評商議。圖曰:「主公不在冀州,審配、逢紀必立顯甫為主矣。當速行。」辛評曰:「審、逢二人,必預定機謀。今若速往,必遭其禍。」袁譚曰:「若當此如何?」郭圖曰:「可屯兵城外,觀其動靜。某當親往察之。」

譚依言。郭圖遂入冀州,見袁尚。禮畢,尚問:「兄何不至?」圖曰:「因抱病在軍中,不能相見。」尚曰:「吾受父親遺命,立我為主,加兄為車騎將軍。目下曹軍壓境,請兄為前部,吾隨後便調兵接應也。」圖曰:「軍中無人商議良策,願乞審正南、逢元圖二人為輔。」尚曰:「吾亦欲仗此二人早晚畫策,如何離得?」圖曰:「然則於二人內遣一人去,何如?」尚不得已,乃令二人拈鬮,拈著者便去。逢紀拈著,尚即命逢紀齎印緩,同郭圖赴袁譚軍中。紀隨圖至譚軍,見譚無病,心中不安,獻上印緩。譚大怒,欲斬逢紀。郭圖密諫曰:「今曹軍壓境,且只款留逢紀在此,以安尚心。待破曹之後,卻來爭冀州不遲。」

譚從其言。即時拔寨起行,前至黎陽,與曹軍相抵。譚遣大將汪昭出戰,操遣徐晃迎敵。二將戰不數合,徐晃一刀斬汪昭於馬下。曹軍乘勢掩殺,譚軍大敗。譚收敗軍入黎陽,遣人求救於尚。尚與審配計議,只發兵五千餘人相助。曹操探知救軍已到,遣樂進、李典引兵於半路接著,兩頭圍住盡殺之。袁譚知尚止撥兵五千,又被半路坑殺,大怒,乃喚逢紀責罵。紀曰:「容某作書致主公,求其親自來救。」譚即令紀作書,遣人到冀州致袁尚。尚與審配共議。配曰:「郭圖多謀,前次不爭而去者,為曹軍在境也。今若破曹,必來爭冀州矣。不如不發救兵,借操之力以除之。」

1 Yuan Shang 원상 was puffed up with pride after his victory over Shi Huan 사환 and, without deigning to wait the arrival of his brothers, he marched out with thirty thousand troops to Liyang to meet the army of Cao Cao. Zhang Liao 장요 came out to challenge him, and Yuan Shang, accepting the challenge rode out with spear set. But he only lasted to the third bout when he had to give way. Zhang Liao smote with full force and Yuan Shang, quite broken, fled pell-mell to Jizhou. His defeat was a heavy shock to his father Yuan Shao, who had a severe fit of hemorrhage at the news and swooned.

2 Lady Liu 유부인, his wife, got him to bed as quickly as possible, but he did not rally; and she soon saw it was necessary to prepare for the end. So she sent for Shen Pei 심배 and Peng Ji 봉기 that the succession might be settled. They came and stood by the sick man's bed, but by this time he could no longer speak. He only made motions with his hands.

3 When his wife put the formal question, "Is Yuan Shang to succeed?"

4 Yuan Shao nodded his head. Shen Pei at the bedside wrote out the dying man's testament. Presently Yuan Shao uttered a loud moan, a fresh fit of bleeding followed, and he passed away.

5 Born of a line of nobles famous for generations, 
He himself in his youth was wayward always and headstrong, 
Vainly he called to his side generals skilled and courageous, 
Gathered beneath his banner countless legions of soldiers, 
For he was timid at heart, a lamb dressed as a tiger, 
Merely a cowardly chicken, phoenix-feathered but spurless. 
Pitiful was the fate of his house; for when he departed 
Brother with brother strove and quarrels arose in the household.

6 Shen Pei and some others set about the mourning ceremonies for the dead man. His wife, Lady Liu, put to death five of his favorite concubines, and such was the bitterness of her jealousy that, not content with this, she shaved off the hair and slashed the faces of their poor corpses lest their spirits should meet and rejoin her late husband in the land of shades beneath the Nine Golden Springs. Her son followed up this piece of cruelty by slaying all the relatives of the unhappy concubines lest they should avenge their deaths.

7 Shen Pei and Peng Ji declared Yuan Shang successor with the titles of Regent Marshal and Supreme Imperial Protector of the four regions of Jizhou, Qingzhou, Youzhou, and Bingzhou and sent in a report of the death of the late Imperial Protector.

8 At this time Yuan Tan 원담, the eldest son, had already marched out his army to oppose Cao Cao. But hearing of his father's death, he called in Guo Tu 곽도 and Xin Ping 신평 to consult as to his course of action.

9 "In your absence, my lord," said Guo Tu, "the two advisers of your younger brother will certainly set him up as lord, wherefore you must act quickly."

10 "Those two, Shen Pei and Peng Ji, have already laid their plans," said Xin Ping. "If you go, you will meet with some misfortune."

11 "Then what should I do?" asked Yuan Tan.

12 Guo Tu replied, "Go and camp near the city, and watch what is taking place while I enter and inquire."

13 Accordingly Guo Tu entered the city and sought an interview with the young Imperial Protector.

14 "Why did not my brother come?" asked Yuan Shang after the usual salutes.

15 Guo Tu said, "He cannot come as he is in the camp unwell."

16 "By the command of my late father, I take the lordship. Now I confer upon my brother the rank of General of the Flying Cavalry, and I wish him to go at once to attack Cao Cao, who is pressing on the borders. I will follow as soon as my army is in order."

17 "There is no one in our camp to give advice," said Guo Tu. "I wish to have the services of Shen Pei and Peng Ji."

18 "I also need the help of these two," said Yuan Shang. "And as I am always working at schemes, I do not see how I can do without them."

19 "Then let one of these two go," replied Guo Tu.

20 Yuan Shang could do no other than accede to this request, so he bade the two men cast lots who should go. Peng Ji drew the lot and was appointed, receiving a seal of office. Then he accompanied Guo Tu to the camp. But when he arrived and found Yuan Tan in perfect health, he grew suspicious and resigned.

21 Yuan Tan angrily refused to accept his resignation and was disposed to put him to death, but Guo Tu privately dissuaded him, saying, "Cao Cao is on the borders, and Peng Ji must be kept here to allay your brother's suspicions. After we have beaten Cao Cao, we can at once make an attempt on Jizhou."

22 Yuan Tan agreed and forthwith broke up his camp to march against the enemy. He reached Liyang and lost no time in offering battle. He chose for his champion Wang Zhao 왕소 and, when Wang Zhao rode out, Cao Cao sent Xu Huang 서황 to meet him. These two had fought but a few bouts when Wang Zhao was slain. At once Cao Cao's army pressed forward, and Yuan Tan suffered a severe defeat. Yuan Tan drew off his army and retired into Liyang, whence he sent to his brother for reinforcements.

23 Yuan Shang and his adviser Shen Pei discussed the matter and only five thousand troops were sent. Cao Cao hearing of the dispatch of this meager force sent Li Dian 이전 and Yue Jing 악진 to waylay them, and the half legion was destroyed. When Yuan Tan heard of the inadequate force sent and their destruction, he was very wrath and roundly abused Peng Ji.

24 Peng Ji replied, "Let me write to my lord and pray him to come himself."

25 So Peng Ji wrote and the letter was sent. When it arrived, Yuan Shang again consulted Shen Pei.

26 The Counselor said, "Guo Tu, your elder brother's adviser, is very guileful. Formerly he left without discussion because Cao Cao was on the border. If Cao Cao be defeated, there will certainly be an attempt on you. The better plan is to withhold assistance and use Cao Cao's hand to destroy your rival."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,