삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 023-08 재사 예형과 의인 길평

14.嵩辭表,到許都見操。操遂拜嵩為侍中,領零陵太守。荀彧曰:「韓嵩來觀動靜,未有微功,重加此職。禰衡又無音耗,丞相遣而不問,何也?」操曰:「禰衡辱吾太甚,故借劉表手殺之,何必再問?」遂遣韓嵩回荊州說劉表。嵩回見表,稱頌朝廷盛德,勸表遣子入侍。表大怒曰:「汝懷二心耶!」欲斬之。嵩大叫曰:「將軍負嵩,嵩不負將軍!」蒯良曰:「嵩未去之前,先有此言矣。」劉表遂赦之。

15.人報黃祖斬了禰衡,表問其故。對曰:「黃祖與禰衡共飲,皆醉。祖問衡曰:『君在許都有何人物?』衡曰:『大兒孔文舉,小兒楊德祖:除此二人,別無人物。』祖曰:『似我何如?』衡曰:『汝似廟中之神,雖受祭祀,恨無靈驗!』祖大怒曰:『汝以我為土木偶人耶!』遂斬之。衡至死罵不絕口。」劉表聞衡死,亦嗟呀不已,令葬於鸚鵡洲邊。後人有詩歎曰:  

16. 黃祖才非長者儔,
禰衡喪首此江頭。
今來鸚鵡洲邊過,
惟有無情碧水流。

[三國誌詩023-p01]

So Han Song took his leave and went to the capital, where he saw Cao Cao. Cao Cao gave him rank and made him Governor of Lingling.

Adviser Xun Yu remonstrated, saying, "This man came to spy out how things were moving. He has done nothing to deserve reward, and yet you give him an office like this. There were no such suspicious rumors connected with poor Mi Heng, and yet you sent him off and would never test his power."

"Mi Heng shamed me too deeply before all the world. I am going to borrow Liu Biao's hand to remove him. And you need say no more," said Cao Cao.

Then Cao Cao sent Han Song back to his former master to tell him what had happened. Han Song came and was full of praise for the virtues of the court and was keen on persuading Liu Biao to espouse that side.

Then Liu Biao suddenly turned angry, charged him with treachery, put him in prison, and threatened him with death.

"You turn your back on me," cried Han Song. "I did not betray you."

Kuai Liang remarked, "Han Song had foretold this possibility before he left. It is only what he expected."

Liu Biao, who was just and reasonable, went no further.

Presently came the news that Mi Heng had been put to death by Huang Zu on account of a quarrel begun over the wine cups. Both being worse for liquor they had begun to discuss the worth of people.

"You were in Xuchang," said Huang Zu. "Who was there of worth?"

"The big boy was Kong Rong and the little one Yang Xiu. There was no one else to count."

"What am I like?" said Huang Zu.

"You are like a god in a temple: You sit still and receive sacrifice, but the lack of intelligence is pitiful."

"Do you regard me as a mere image?" cried Huang Zu, angrily.

So Huang Zu put the impudent speaker to death. Even at the very point of death, Mi Heng never ceased his railing and abuse.

"Alas!" sighed Liu Biao when he heard Mi Heng's fate. Then Liu Biao had the victim honorably interred near Yingwu, on Parrot Island.

And a later poet wrote of Mi Heng:

Huang Zu could brook no rival; at his word 
Mi Heng met death, beneath the cruel sword. 
His grave on Parrot Isle may yet be seen, 
The river flowing past it, coldly green.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,