삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 011 유비의 진출과 조조의 패배 14

17.卻說曹操正在軍中,與諸將議事,人報徐州有戰書到。操拆而觀之,乃劉備書也。書略曰:「備自關外得拜君顏,嗣後天各一方,不及趨侍。向者,尊父曹侯,實因張闓不仁,以致被害,非陶恭祖之罪也。目今黃巾遺孽,擾亂於外;董卓餘黨,盤踞於內。願明公先朝廷之急,而後私讎;撤徐州之兵,以救國難:則徐州幸甚,天下幸甚!」

18.曹操看書,大罵:「劉備何人,敢以書來勸我!且中間有譏諷之意!」命斬來使,一面竭力攻城。郭嘉諫曰:「劉備遠來救援,先禮後兵,主公當用好言答之,以慢備心;然後進兵攻城,城可破也。」操從其言,款留來使,候發回書。

It happened that Cao Cao was holding a council when a messenger with a war letter was announced. The letter was brought in and handed to him and, when he had opened and looked at it, he found it was from Liu Bei.

This is the letter, very nearly:

"Since meeting you outside the pass, fate has assigned us to different quarters of the world, and I have not been able to pay my respects to you. Touching the death of your noble father, it was owing to the vicious nature of Zhang Kai and due to no fault of Tao Qian. Now while the remnant of the Yellow Scarves is disturbing the lands, and Dong Zhuo's partisans have the upper hand in the capital, I wish that you, Illustrious Sir, would regard the critical position of the court rather than your personal grievances, and so divert your forces from the attack on Xuzhou to the rescue of the state. Such would be for the happiness of this city and the whole empire."

Cao Cao gave vent to a torrent of abuse: "Who is this Liu Bei that he dares write and exhort me? Beside, he means to be satirical."

Cao Cao issued orders to put the bearer of the letter to death and to press on the siege.

But Guo Jia remonstrated, saying, "Liu Bei has come from afar to help Tao Qian, and he is trying the effect of politeness before resorting to arms. I pray you, my lord, reply with fair words that his heart may be lulled with a feeling of safety. Then attack with vigor and the city will fall."

Cao Cao found this advice good, so he spared the messenger, telling him to wait to carry back his reply.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,