삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 043-01 제갈량의 설득

第四十三回:諸葛亮舌戰群儒,魯子敬力排眾議

Zhuge Liang Disputes With The Southern Scholars;
Lu Su Denounces The Majority Opinion. 

卻說魯肅、孔明辭了玄德、劉琦,登舟望柴桑郡來。二人在舟中共議,魯肅謂孔明曰:「先生見孫將軍,切不可實言曹操兵多將廣。」孔明曰:「不須子敬叮嚀,亮自有對答之語。」及船到岸,肅請孔明於館驛中暫歇,先自往見孫權。權正聚文武於堂上議事,聞魯肅回,急召入問曰:「子敬往江夏,體探虛實若何?」肅曰:「已知其略,尚容徐稟。」權將曹操檄文示肅曰:「操昨遣使齎文至此,孤先發遣來使,現今會眾商議未定。」肅接檄文觀看。其略曰:

孤近承帝命,奉詔伐罪。旄麾南指,劉琮束手;荊襄之民,望風歸順。今統雄兵百萬,上將千員,欲與將軍會獵於江夏,共伐劉備,同分土地,永結盟好。幸勿觀望,速賜回音。

魯肅看畢曰:「主公尊意若何?」權曰:「未有定論。」張昭曰:「曹操擁百萬之眾,借天子之名,以征四方,拒之不順。且主公大勢可以拒操者,長江也。今操既得荊州,長江之險,已與我共之矣,勢不可敵。以愚之計,不如納降為萬安之策。」眾謀士皆曰:「子布之言,正合天意。」孫權沈吟不語。張昭又曰:「主公不必多疑。如降操則東吳民安,江南六郡可保矣。」孫權低頭不語。

須臾,權起更衣,魯肅隨於權後。權知肅意,乃執肅手而言曰:「卿欲如何?」肅曰:「恰纔眾人所言,深誤將軍。眾人皆可降曹操,惟將軍不可降曹操。」權曰:「何以言之?」肅曰:「如肅等降操,當以肅還鄉黨累官,故不失州郡也;將軍降操,欲安所歸乎?位不過封侯,車不過一乘,騎不過一匹,從不過數人,豈得南面稱孤哉?眾人之意,各自為己,不可聽也。將軍宜早定大計。」

權歎曰:「諸人議論,大失孤望。子敬開說大計,正與吾見相同。此天以子敬賜我也!但操新得袁紹之眾,近又得荊州之兵,恐勢大難以抵敵。」肅曰:「肅至江夏,引諸葛瑾之弟諸葛亮在此,主公可問之,便知虛實。」權曰:「臥龍先生在此乎?」肅曰:「現在館驛中安歇。」權曰:「今日天晚,且未相見。來日聚文武於帳下,先教見我江東英俊,然後升堂議事。」

肅領命而去;

1 In the boat on the way to Chaisang 시상군, the two travelers beguiled the time by discussing affairs.

2 Lu Su 노숙 impressed upon his companion, saying, "When you see my master, do not reveal the truth about the magnitude of Cao Cao's army."

3 "You do not have to remind me," replied Zhuge Liang 제갈량, "but I shall know how to reply."

4 When the boat arrived, Zhuge Liang was lodged in the guests' quarters, and Lu Su went alone to see his master. Lu Su found Sun Quan 손권 actually at a council, assembled to consider the situation. Lu Su was summoned thereto and questioned at once upon what he had discovered.

5 "I know the general outline, but I want a little time to prepare my report," replied Lu Su.

6 Then Sun Quan produced Cao Cao's letter and gave it to Lu Su.

7 "That came yesterday. I have sent the bearer of it back, and this gathering is to consider the reply," said he.

8 Lu Su read the letter:

9 "When I, the Prime Minister, received the imperial command to punish a fault, my banners went south and Liu Zong 유종 became my prisoner, while the people of Jingzhou 형주 flocked to my side at the first rumor of my coming. Under my hand are one million strong and a thousand able leaders. My desire is, General, that we go on a great hunting expedition into Jiangxia and together attack Liu Bei. We will share his land between us, and we will swear perpetual amity. If happily you would not be a mere looker-on, I pray you reply quickly."

10 "What have you decided upon, my lord?" asked Lu Su as he finished the letter.

11 "I have not yet decided."

12 Then Zhang Zhao 장소 said, "It would be imprudent to withstand Cao Cao's hundred legions backed by the imperial authority. Moreover, your most important defense against him is the Great River 장강; and since Cao Cao has gained possession of Jingzhou, the river is his ally against us. We cannot withstand him, and the only way to tranquillity, in my opinion, is submission."

13 "The words of the speaker accord with the manifest decree of providence," echoed all the assembly.

14 Sun Quan remaining silent and thoughtful.

15 Zhang Zhao again took up the argument, saying, "Do not hesitate, my lord. Submission to Cao Cao means tranquillity to the people of the South Land and safety for the inhabitants of the six territories."

16 Sun Quan still remained silent. His head bent in deep thought. Presently he arose and paced slowly out at the door, and Lu Su followed him.

17 Outside he took Lu Su by the hand, saying, "What do you desire?"

18 "What they have all been saying is very derogatory to you. A common person might submit. You cannot."

19 "Why? How do you explain that?"

20 "If people like us servants submitted, we would just return to our village or continue holding our offices, and everything would go on as before. If you submit, whither will you go? You will be created a lord of some humble fief, perhaps. You will have one carriage, no more; one saddle horse, that is all. Your retinue will be some ten. Will you be able to sit facing the south and call yourself by the kingly title of 'The Solitary'? Each one in that crowd of hangers-on is thinking for himself, is purely selfish, and you should not listen to them, but take a line of your own and that quickly. Determine to play a bold game!"

21 Sun Quan sighed, "They all talk and talk: They miss my point of view. Now you have just spoken of a bold game, and your view is the same as mine. Surely God has expressly sent you to me. Still Cao Cao is now the stronger by all Yuan Shao's and Liu Biao's armies, and he has possession of Jingzhou. I fear he is almost too powerful to contend with."

22 "I have brought back with me Zhuge Liang, the younger brother of our Zhuge Jin 제갈근. If you questioned him, he would explain clearly."

23 "Is Master Sleeping Dragon really here?"

24 "Really here, in the guest-house."

25 "It is too late to see him today. But tomorrow I will assemble my officials, and you will introduce him to all my best. After that we will debate the matter."

26 With these instructions Lu Su retired.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,