삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 054-01 새장가 드는 유비

第五十四回 吳國太佛寺看新郎 劉皇叔洞房續佳偶 

The Dowager Marchioness Sees Her Son-In-Law;
The Imperial Uncle Takes A Worthy Consort. 

卻說孔明聞魯肅到,與玄德出城迎接,接到公廨,相見畢。肅曰:「主公聞令姪棄世,特具薄禮,遣某前來致祭。周都督再三致意劉皇叔、諸葛先生。」玄德,孔明,起身稱謝,收了禮物,置酒相待。肅曰:「前者皇叔有言:『公子不在,即還荊州。』今公子已去世,必然見還。不識幾時可以交割?」玄德曰:「公且飲酒,有一個商議。」

肅強飲數盃,又開言相問。玄德未及回答,孔明變色曰:「子敬好不通理!直須待人問口!自我高皇帝斬蛇起義,開基立業,傳至於今;不幸奸雄並起,各據一方,少不得天道好還,復歸正統。我主人乃中山靖王之後,孝景皇帝玄孫,今皇上之叔,豈不可分茅裂土?況劉景升乃我主之兄也,弟承兄業,有何不順?汝主乃錢塘小吏之子,素無功德於朝廷;今倚勢力,占據六郡八十一州,尚自貪心不足,而欲併吞漢土。劉氏天下,我主姓劉倒無分,汝主姓孫反要強爭。且赤壁之戰,我主多負勤勞,眾將並皆用命,豈獨是汝東吳之力?若非我借東南風,周郎安能展半籌之功?江南一破,休說二喬置於銅雀宮,雖公等家小,亦不能保。適來我主人不即答應者,以子敬乃高明之士,不待細說。公何不察之甚也!」

一席話,說得魯子敬緘口無言;半晌乃曰:「孔明之言,怕不有理;爭奈魯肅身上甚是不便。」孔明曰:「有何不便處?」肅曰:「昔日皇叔當陽受難時,是肅引孔明渡江,見我主公;後來周公瑾要興兵取荊州,又是肅擋住;至說待公子去世還荊州,又是肅擔承;今卻不應前言,教魯肅如何回覆?我主與周公瑾必然見罪。肅死不恨,只恐惹惱東吳,興動干戈,皇叔亦不能安坐荊州,空為恥笑耳。」

孔明曰:「曹操統百萬之眾,動以天子為名,吾亦不以為意!豈懼周郎一小兒乎!若恐先生面上不好看,我勸主人立紙文書,暫借荊州為本;待我主別圖得城池之時,便交付還東吳。此論如何?」肅曰:「孔明待奪得何處,還我東吳?」孔明曰:「中原急未可圖;西川,劉璋闇弱,我主將圖之。若圖得西川,那時便還。」

肅無奈,只得聽從。玄德親筆寫成文書一紙,押了字。保人諸葛孔明也押了字。孔明曰:「亮是皇叔這裏人,難道自家作保?觀子敬先生也押個字,回見吳侯也好看。」肅曰:「某知皇叔乃仁義之人,必不相負。」遂押了文字,收了文書。宴罷辭回。玄德與孔明,送到船邊。孔明囑曰:「子敬回見吳侯,善言伸意,休生忘想。若不准我文書,我翻了面皮,連八十一州都奪了。今只要兩家和氣,休教曹賊笑話。」

1 Liu Bei 유비 and Zhuge Liang 제갈량 went out of the city to welcome the envoy of the South Land and led him to the guest-house.

2 After the usual greetings, Lu Su 노숙 said, "Hearing of the death of your nephew, my lord Sun Quan 손권 has prepared some gifts and sent me to take his place at the funeral sacrifices. General Zhou Yu 주유 also sends regards to the Imperial Uncle and to you, Master Zhuge Liang."

3 Both rose at once and thanked him for the courtesy. Then the gifts were handed over and a banquet prepared, and while it was in progress, the guest brought up the real object of his visit.

4 "You said, Sir, that Jingzhou 형주 should be returned to us after the death of Liu Qi 유기. Now that that event has happened, rendition becomes due, and I should be glad to know when the transfer can take place."

5 "We will discuss that later. In the meantime let us go on with our wine," said Liu Bei.

6 So the feasting continued. Some time later Lu Su returned to the subject, but this time his host remained silent.

7 However, Zhuge Liang, changing color, said, "Lu Su, you are unreasonable. You could not wait till some other has to explain this matter to you. From the very foundation of the empire by our illustrious ancestor, the great heritage has descended in due course till today when, unhappily, evil doers have risen among the powerful and they have seized upon such portions as they could. But with God's favor and help, unity is nearly restored. My lord is a scion of the Imperial House, a great great grandson of Emperor Jing. Now, as the Emperor's Uncle, should he not have a share of the empire? Moreover, Liu Biao was my lord's elder brother, and there is certainly nothing extraordinary in one brother's succession to another's estate.

8 "What is your master? The son of a petty official on the banks of the River Qiantang, absolutely without merit so far as the state is concerned. Just because he is powerful, he holds actual possession of six territories and eighty-one counties, which has whetted his insatiable appetite till he now desires to swallow the whole empire. The land is the estate of the Liu family and my lord, who is of that name, has no share thereof, while your master, whose name is Sun, would dispute with, and even fight him. Beside, at the battle at the Red Cliffs 적벽 my lord did good service and acquired great merit while his commanders risked their lives. Was it solely the strength of your southern soldiers that won that fight? Had I not brought that southeast wind that meant so much for Zhou Yu 주유, could he have done anything? Had the South Land been conquered, it is needless to say that the two paramount beauties would now be gracing the Bronze Bird Palace 동작대. And as for yourself and other officers, insignificant though your families be, could you have been sure to survive? Just now my lord did not reply because he was willing to believe rather that a scholar of your abilities would understand without a detailed explanation, and I trust now that you will."

9 This speech absolutely shut the guest's mouth for a time, and he said no word in reply. But after an interval he said, "What you say, Zhuge Liang, I think is devoid of reason, and means much unpleasantness for me."

10 "What unpleasantness?" asked Zhuge Liang.

11 The guest replied, "When Liu Bei was in serious straits at Dangyang 담양, I conducted you across the river and introduced you to my lord. I opposed Zhou Yu when he was going to capture Jingzhou, and then it came to agreement that the place was to be ours when the young man died. And I pledged myself to that. Now how can I go back and say you break your promise? Both my lord and Zhou Yu will hold me guilty. I would not mind death so much, but I fear that my master will be very wrathful and make war on the Imperial Uncle, who will have no place of refuge and he will look ridiculous in the eyes of the world for no reason."

12 Replied Zhuge Liang, "I care not for Cao Cao 조조 with his million troops and the Emperor in name at his back, and do you think I fear such a youngster as Zhou Yu? However, as it may cause you some loss of consideration, I will try to persuade my master to put the matter in writing and give you a paper to the effect that he is temporarily occupying Jingzhou as a base. When he can obtain possession of some other city, this shall be returned to you. What think you the South Land would say to this?"

13 "Wait till what other place was obtained?" said Lu Su.

14 "My master can scarcely think of attacking the Middle Land yet, but Liu Zhang 유장 in Yizhou 서천 익주 is ignorant and weak, and my master will attack him. If he gets the western region, then this place will be given up to you."

15 Lu Su had no alternative and accepted the offer. Liu Bei with his own hand wrote the pledge and sealed it. Zhuge Liang being named as guarantor also signed the document.

16 "Since I belong to this side of the compact and one can hardly have a guarantor of the same party, I would trouble you, Lu Su, also to sign. It will look better when you reach the South Land again," said Zhuge Liang.

17 Lu Su said, "I know that your master is perfectly honorable and will adhere to the bargain."

18 And so Lu Su signed. Then he received the document in formal style and took his departure. He was sent off with every mark of great respect, both Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang attending him to his boat.

19 There the Directing Instructor delivered him a last exhortation, "When you see your master, speak discreetly and explain fully so as not to create a bad impression. If he rejects our document, we may get angry and we will take his whole country. The one thing now is for our two houses to live in harmony and not give our common enemy, Cao Cao, an opportunity against us."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,