삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 044-04 손권의 결단

次日清晨,孫權升堂。左邊文官張昭、顧雍等三十餘人;右邊武官程普、黃蓋等三十餘人。衣冠濟濟,劍佩鏘鏘,分班侍立。

少頃,周瑜入見。禮畢,孫權問慰罷。瑜曰:「近聞曹操引兵屯漢上,馳書至此,主公尊意若何?」權即取檄文與周瑜看,瑜看畢,笑曰:「老賊以我江東無人,敢如此相侮耶!」權曰:「君之意若何?」瑜曰:「主公曾與眾文武商議否?」權曰:「連日議此事,有勸我降者,有勸我戰者。吾意未定,故請公謹一決。」瑜曰:「誰勸主公降?」權曰:「張子布等皆主其意。」瑜即問張昭曰:「願聞先生所以主降之意。」昭曰:「曹操挾天子而征四方,動以朝廷為名,近又得荊州,威勢愈大。吾江東可以拒操者,長江耳。今操艨艟戰艦,何止千百?水陸並進,何可當之?不如且降,更圖後計。」瑜曰:「此迂儒之論也!江東自開國以來,今歷三世,安忍一旦廢棄!」權曰:「若此計將安出?」

瑜曰:「操雖託名漢相,實為漢賊。將軍以神武雄才,仗父兄餘業,據有江東,兵精糧足,正當橫行天下,為國家除殘去暴,奈何降賊耶?且操今此來,多犯兵家之忌:北土未平,馬騰、韓遂為其後患,而操久於南征,一忌也;北軍不諳水戰,操捨鞍馬,仗舟楫,與東吳爭衡,二忌也;又時值隆冬盛寒,馬無蒿草,三忌也;驅中國士卒,遠涉江湖,不服水土,多生疾病,四忌也:操兵犯此數忌,雖多必敗。將軍擒操,正在今日。瑜請得精兵數千,進屯夏口,為將軍破之!」

權矍然起曰:「老賊欲廢漢自立久矣,所懼二袁、呂布、劉表與孤耳。今數雄已滅,惟孤尚存。孤與老賊,誓不兩立!卿言當伐,甚合孤意。此天以卿授我也。」瑜曰:「臣為將軍決一血戰,萬死不辭。只恐將軍狐疑不定。」權拔佩劍砍面前奏案一角曰:「諸官將有再言降操者,與此案同!」言罷,便將此劍賜周瑜,即封瑜為大都督,程普為副都督,魯肅為贊軍校尉。如文武官將有不聽號令者,即以此劍誅之。

瑜受了劍,對眾言曰:「吾奉主公之命,率眾破曹。諸將官吏來日俱於江畔行營聽令。如遲誤者,依七禁令五十四斬施行。」言罷,辭了孫權,起身出府。眾文武各無言而散。

66 Next day at dawn Sun Quan 손권 went to the council chamber, where his officials, civil and military, were already assembled. They numbered about sixty in all. The civil, with Zhang Zhao 장소 at their head, were on the right; the military, with Cheng Pu 정보 as their leader, were ranged on the left. All were in full ceremonial dress, and the swords of the soldiers clanked on the pavement.

67 Soon Zhou Yu entered.

68 When Sun Quan had finished the usual gracious remarks, Zhou Yu said, "I hear that Cao Cao is encamped on the river and has sent a dispatch to you, my lord. I would ask what your opinion is."

69 Thereupon the dispatch was produced and handed to Zhou Yu.

70 After reading it through he said, smiling, "The old thief thinks there are no people in this land that he writes in this contemptuous strain."

71 "What do you think, Sir?" asked Sun Quan.

72 "Have you discussed this with the officials?" asked Zhou Yu.

73 "We have been discussing this for days. Some counsel surrender and some advise fight. I am undecided, and therefore I have asked you to come and decide the point."

74 "Who advise surrender?" asked Zhou Yu.

75 "Zhang Zhao 장소 and his party are firmly set in this opinion."

76 Zhou Yu then turned to Zhang Zhao and said, "I should be pleased to hear why you are for surrender, Master."

77 Then Zhang Zhao replied, "Cao Cao has been attacking all opponents in the name of the Emperor, who is entirely in his hands. He does everything in the name of the government. Lately he has taken Jingzhou and thereby increased his prestige. Our defense against him was the Great River, but now he also has a large fleet and can attack by water. How can we withstand him? Wherefore I counsel submission till some chance shall offer."

78 "This is but the opinion of an ill-advised student," said Zhou Yu. "How can you think of abandoning this country that we have held for three generations?"

79 "That being so," said Sun Quan, "where is a plan to come from?"

80 "Though Cao Cao assumes the name of the Prime Minister of the empire, he is at heart a rebel. You, O General, are able in war and brave. You are the heir to your father and brother. You command brave and tried soldiers, and you have plentiful supplies. You are able to overrun the whole country and rid it of every evil. There is no reason why you should surrender to a rebel.

81 "Moreover, Cao Cao has undertaken this expedition in defiance of all the rules of war. The north is unsubdued. Ma Teng 마등 and Han Sui 한수 threaten his rear, and yet he persists in his southern march. This is the first point against Cao Cao. The northern soldiers are unused to fighting on the water. Cao Cao is relinquishing his well-tried cavalry and trusting to ships. That is the second point against him. Again, we are now in full winter and the weather is at its coldest so there is no food for the horses. That is the third point against. Soldiers from the central state marching in a wet country among lakes and rivers will find themselves in an unaccustomed climate and suffer from malaria. That is the fourth point against. Now when Cao Cao's armies have all these points against them, defeat is certain, however numerous they may be, and you can take Cao Cao captive just as soon as you wish. Give me a few legions of veterans, and I will go and destroy him."

82 Sun Quan started up from his place, saying, "The rebellious old rascal has been wanting to overthrow the Hans and set up himself for years. He has rid himself of all those he feared, save only myself, and I swear that one of us two shall go now. Both of us cannot live. What you say, noble friend, is just what I think, and Heaven has certainly sent you to my assistance."

83 "Thy servant will fight a decisive battle," said Zhou Yu, "and shrink not from any sacrifice. Only, General, do not hesitate."

84 Sun Quan drew the sword that hung at his side and slashed off a corner of the table in front of him, exclaiming, "Let any other person mention surrender, and he shall be served as I have served this table!"

85 Then he handed the sword to Zhou Yu, at the same time giving him a commission as Commander-in-Chief and Supreme Admiral, Cheng Pu 정보 being Vice-Admiral. Lu Su 노숙 was also nominated as Assistant Commander.

86 In conclusion Sun Quan said, "With this sword you will slay any officer who may disobey your commands."

87 Zhou Yu took the sword and turning to the assembly said, "You have heard our lord's charge to me to lead you to destroy Cao Cao. You will all assemble tomorrow at the riverside camp to receive my orders. Should any be late or fail, then the full rigor of military law---the seven prohibitions and the fifty-four capital penalties---there provided, will be enforced."

88 Zhou Yu took leave of Sun Quan and left the chamber. The various officers also went their several ways.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,