삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 107-04 사마씨가 권력을 잡다

夏侯霸聽知,大驚,便引本部三千兵造反。有鎮守雍州剌史郭淮,聽知夏侯霸反,即率本部兵來,與夏侯霸交戰。淮出馬大罵曰:「汝既是大魏皇族,天子又不曾虧汝,何故背反?」霸亦罵曰:「吾祖父於國家多建勳勞,今司馬懿何等人,滅吾曹氏宗族,又來取我,早晚必思篡位。吾仗義討賊,何反之有?」

淮大怒,挺槍驟馬,直取夏侯霸。霸揮刀縱馬來迎。戰不十合,淮敗走,霸隨後趕來。忽聽得後軍吶喊,霸急回馬時,陳泰引兵殺來。郭淮復回。兩路夾攻,霸大敗而走,折兵大半;尋思無計,遂投漢中來降後主。

有人報與姜維,維心不信,令人體訪得實,方教入城。霸拜見畢,哭告前事。維曰:「昔微子去周,成萬古之名。公能匡扶漢室,無愧古人也。」遂設宴相待。維就席問曰:「今司馬懿父子掌握重權,有窺我國之志否?」霸曰:「老賊方圖謀逆,.未暇及外。但魏國新有二人,正在妙齡之際,若使領兵馬,實吳、蜀之大患也。」

維問:「二人是誰?」霸告曰:「一人現為秘書郎,乃潁川長社人:姓鍾,名會,字士季,太傅鍾繇之子,幼有膽智。繇嘗率二子見文帝。會時年七歲,其兄毓年八歲。毓見帝惶懼,汗流滿面。帝問毓曰:『卿何以汗?』毓對曰:『戰戰惶惶,汗出如漿。』帝問會曰:『卿何以不汗?』會對曰:『戰戰慄慄,汗不敢出。』帝獨奇之。及稍長,喜讀兵書,深明韜略。司馬懿與蔣濟皆稱其才。一人現為掾吏,乃義陽人也;姓鄧,名艾,字士載,幼年失父,素有大志,但見高山大澤,輒窺度指畫,何處可以屯兵,何處可以積糧,何處可以埋伏。人皆笑之,獨司馬懿奇其才,遂令參贊軍機。艾為人口吃,每奏事必稱『艾,艾』懿戲謂曰:『卿稱艾艾,當有幾艾?』應聲曰:『鳳兮鳳兮,故是一鳳。』其資性敏捷,大抵如此。二人深可畏也」維笑曰:「量此孺子,何足道哉!」

於是姜維引夏侯霸至成都,入見後主。維奏曰:「司馬懿謀殺曹爽,又來賺夏侯霸,霸因此投降。目今司馬懿父子專權,曹芳懦弱,魏國將危。臣在漢中有年,兵精糧足;臣願領王師,即以霸為鄉導官,進取中原,重興漢室,以報陛下之恩,以終丞相之志。」尚書令費褘諫曰:「近者,蔣琬、董允,皆相繼而亡,內治無人。伯約只宜待時,不宜輕動。」維曰:「不然,人生如白駒過隙,似此遷延歲月,何日恢復中原乎?」褘又曰:「孫子云:『知彼知己,百戰百勝。』我等皆不如丞相遠甚,丞相尚不能恢復中原,何況我等?」維曰:「吾久居隴上,深知羌人之心;今若結羌人為援,雖未能克復中原,自隴而西,可斷而有也。」後主曰:「卿既欲伐魏,可盡忠竭力,勿墮銳氣,以負朕命。」

於是姜維領敕辭朝,同夏侯霸逕到漢中,計議起兵。維曰:「可先遣使去羌人處通盟,然後出西平,近雍州。先築二城於麴山之下,令兵守之,以為犄角之勢。我等盡發糧草於川口,依丞相舊制次第進兵。」是年秋八月,先差蜀將句安、李歆同引一萬五千兵,往麴山前連築二城。句安守東城,李歆守西城。

早有細作報與雍州剌史郭淮。淮一面申報洛陽,一面遣副將陳泰引兵五萬來麴山與蜀兵交戰。句安、李歆各引一軍出迎;因兵少不能抵敵,退入城中。泰令兵四面圍住攻打,又以兵斷其漢中糧道。句安、李歆城中糧缺。郭淮自引兵亦到,看了地勢,忻然而喜;回到寨中,乃與陳泰計議曰:「此城山勢高阜,必然水少,須出城取水;若斷其上流,蜀兵皆渴死矣。」

102 Upon receiving this call, Xiahou Ba was shocked. But instead of obeying this call, he declared himself a rebel, and he had a force of three thousand troops to support him. As soon as this was known, Guo Huai marched to suppress the malcontent. The two armies were soon face to face, and Guo Huai went to the front and began to revile his opponent.

103 "How could you rebel against the ruling house, you who are of the same clan as our great founder, and you who have always been treated generously?"

104 Xiahou Ba replied, "My forefathers served the state right well, but who is this Sima Yi that he has put to death my kinspeople and would now destroy me? What is his aim, if it be not to usurp the Throne? If I can cut him off and so frustrate his design, I shall at least be no traitor to the state."

105 Guo Huai rode forward to attack, and Xiahou Ba advanced to the encounter. They fought some ten bouts, and then Guo Huai turned and fled. But this was only a feint to lead on his enemy, for ere Xiahou Ba had gone far, he heard a shout behind him and turned to see Chen Tai about to attack. At the same moment Guo Huai turned again, and thus Xiahou Ba was between two fires. He could effect nothing, so he fled, losing many troops. Soon he decided that his only course was to flee to Hanzhong and to surrender to the Ruler of Shu.

106 Wherefore he went into Hanzhong to see if haply the Latter Ruler would accept his services. When Jiang Wei heard of his desire to surrender, he had doubts of Xiahou Ba's sincerity. However, after due inquiry Jiang Wei was satisfied and allowed the renegade from Wei to enter the city. After making his obeisance, Xiahou Ba, with many tears, told the story of his wrongs. Jiang Wei expressed sympathy.

107 Said Jiang Wei, "In the ancient time Wei Zi left the court of King Zhou in disgust, and this act has assured to him everlasting honor. You may be able now to assist in the restoration of the House of Han, and you will then stand no whit inferior to any person of antiquity."

108 A banquet was ordered, and while it was being prepared the host talked of affairs in Capital Luoyang.

109 Said Jiang Wei, "The Simas are now most powerful and in a position to carry out any scheme they planned. Think you that they have any intentions against Shu?"

110 "The old traitor has enough to do with his rebellion; he has no leisure to trouble about any outside matters. However, two other young leaders in Wei have lately come to the front, and if Sima Yi sent them against Shu and Wu, it might go ill with you both."

111 "And who are these two?"

112 "One is named Zhong Hui, a man of Changsha. He is a son of the former Imperial Guardian Zhong Yao. As a mere boy he was noted for being bold and smart. His father used to take him and his brother, Zhong Yu, to court. Zhong Hui was seven and his brother a year older. Emperor Pi noticed one day that the elder boy was sweating and asked him the reason. Zhong Yu replied, 'Whenever I am frightened, the sweat pours out.' Then Emperor Pi said to the other boy, 'You do not seem frightened.' And Zhong Hui replied, 'I am so frightened that the sweat cannot come out.' The Emperor was discerned the extraordinary ability of the boy. A little later Zhong Hui was always studying books on war and tactics, and became an able strategist, so that he won admiration from both Sima Yi and Jiang Ji. Zhong Hui is being a secretary in the Palace.

113 "The second man is Deng Ai from Yiyang. He was left an orphan very early, but he was ambitious and enterprising. If he saw lofty mountains or wide marshes, he always looked for those points where soldiers might be stationed or depots of provisions made or combustibles laid. People ridiculed him, but Sima Yi saw there was much to admire and employed the young man on his staff. Deng Ai had an impediment in his speech, so that he called himself 'Deng-eng-eng-Ai', and Sima Yi used to make fun of him and asked him one day how many there were of him since he called himself 'Deng-eng-eng-Ai'. Deng Ai at once replied, 'There is only one phoenix when they say 'O Phoenix! O Phoenix!'' This ready repartee shows the quickness of his intellect, and you may well be on your guard against him and the other, for they are to be feared."

114 "I do not think them worth even talking about," replied Jiang Wei.

115 Jiang Wei took Xiahou Ba to Chengdu and presented him to the Latter Ruler.

116 Jiang Wei said, "Sima Yi had slain Cao Shuang, and he wanted to bait Xiahou Ba, who yielded to Shu. Now the Simas, father and sons, are holding the supreme power, the young Ruler Cao Fang is a weakling, and Wei's fortune is near its end. For many years in Hanzhong, our troops have been well trained, and our stores and depots filled with ample supplies. Now I wish to lead an expedition, using Xiahou Ba as guide, to conquer the Middle Land and to reestablish the House of Han in its old capital. This is how I could show my gratitude to Your Majesty and fulfill the desire of the late Prime Minister."

117 But Fei Yi, Chair of the Secretariat, opposed any expedition, saying, "We have lately lost by death two trusty ministers, Jiang Wan and Dong Yun, and there is no one left fit to take care of the government. The attempt should be postponed; no hasty move should be made."

118 "Not so," replied Jiang Wei. "Life is short. Our days flash by as the glint of a white horse across a chink in the door. We are waiting and waiting. Are we never to try to restore Han to its old glory?"

119 "Remember the saying of the wise Sun Zi: 'Know thyself and know thine enemy, then is victory sure.' We are not the equals of the late Prime Minister, and where he failed, are we likely to succeed?"

120 Jiang Wei said, "I would enlist the aid of the Qiangs. I have lived near them in Longshang and know them well. With their help, even if we do not gain the whole empire, we can at least conquer and hold all west of Changan."

121 The Latter Ruler here closed the discussion, saying, "Sir, as you desire to conquer Wei, do your best. I will not damp your enthusiasm."

122 Thus the Latter Ruler's consent was given. Then Jiang Wei left the court and betook himself, with Xiahou Ba, into Hanzhong to prepare for a new expedition.

123 "We will first send an envoy to the Qiangs to make a league with them," said Jiang Wei. "Then we will march out by the Xiping Pass to Yongzhou, where we will build up two ramparts in Qushan in Qushan Mountains and garrison them. The position is a point of vantage. Then we will send supplies beyond the pass by land and waterways, and advance gradually, according to the plan devised by the late Prime Minister."

124 In the autumn of the year (AD 249) they sent the two Shu generals, Li Xin and Gou Ai, with fifteen thousand troops, to construct the two ramparts in Qushan in Qushan Mountains, of which Gou Ai was to hold the eastern and Li Xin the western.

125 When the news reached Yongzhou, the Imperial Protector, Guo Huai, sent a report to Luoyang and also dispatched Chen Tai with a force of fifty thousand troops to oppose the troops of Shu. When that army arrived, Li Xin and Gou Ai led their troops to meet it. But their armies were too weak to stand such a large force, and they once more retired into the city. Chen Tai ordered his army to lay siege and occupy the road that led to Hanzhong, so that supplies were cut off.

126 After some days, and when the soldiers of Shu began to feel the pinch of hunger, Guo Huai came to see what progress his general was making.

127 At sight of the position he rejoiced exceedingly, and when he returned to camp he said to Chen Tai, "In this high country the city must be short of water, which means that the besieged must come out for supplies. Let us cut off the streams that supply them, and they will perish of thirst."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,