삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 034-02 단계를 건너뛰다

言未畢,趙雲挺鎗出,徑衝彼陣。張武縱馬來迎,不三合,被趙雲一鎗刺落馬下,隨手扯住轡頭,牽馬回陣。陳孫見了,隨趕來奪。張飛大喝一聲,挺矛直出,將陳孫刺死。眾皆潰散。玄德招安餘黨,平復江夏諸縣,班師而回。表出郭迎接入城,設宴慶功。酒至半酣,表曰:「吾弟如此雄才,荊州有倚賴也。但憂南越不時來寇;張魯、孫權皆足為慮。」玄德曰:「弟有三將,足可委用:使張飛巡南越之境;雲長拒固子城,以鎮張魯;趙雲拒三江,以當孫權;何足慮哉?」

表喜,欲從其言。蔡瑁告其姊蔡夫人曰:「劉備遣三將居外,而自居荊州,久必為患。」蔡夫人乃夜對劉表曰:「我聞荊州人多與劉備往來,不可不防之。今容其居住城中,無益,不若遣使他往。」表曰:「玄德仁人也。」蔡氏曰:「只恐他人不似汝心。」

表沈吟不答。次日出城,見玄德所乘之馬極駿,問之,知是張武之馬,表讚不已。玄德遂將此馬送與劉表。表大喜,騎回城中。蒯越見而問之。表曰:「此玄德所送也。」越曰:「昔先兄蒯良,最善相馬;越亦頗曉。此馬眼下有淚槽,額邊生白點,名為的盧,騎則妨主。張武為此馬而亡。主公不可乘之。」

表聽其言。次日請玄德飲宴,因言曰:「昨承惠良馬,深感厚意。但賢弟不時征進,可以用之。敬當送還。」玄德起謝。表又曰:「賢弟久居此間,恐廢武事。襄陽屬邑新野縣,頗有錢糧。弟可引本部軍馬於本縣屯紮,何如?」

玄德領諾。次日,謝別劉表,引本部軍馬逕往新野。方出城門,只見一人在馬前長揖曰:「公所騎馬,不可乘也。」玄德視之,乃荊州幕賓伊藉,字機伯,山陽人也。玄德忙下馬問之。籍曰:「昨聞蒯異度對劉荊州云:『此馬名的盧,乘則妨主。』因此還公,公豈可復乘之?」玄德曰:「深感先生見愛。但凡人死生有命,豈馬所能妨哉!」籍深服其高見,自此常與玄德往來。

玄德自到新野,軍民皆喜,政治一新。

16 As he spoke, Zhao Zilong galloped out with his spear set and dashed toward the enemy. Zhang Wu came out to meet him, but the combat was very brief for Zhang Wu was soon killed by a spear thrust. Thereupon Zhao Zilong laid a hand upon the bridle of the fallen man's horse to lead it back to his own side. The slain rebel's companion Chen Sun at once rode after Zhao Zilong, whereupon Zhang Fei uttered a loud shout and rode out to meet him. With one thrust Zhang Fei slew the rebel. Their followers now scattered, and Liu Bei speedily restored order in Jiangxia and returned to Jingzhou City.

17 Liu Biao, grateful for this service, rode out to the boundary to welcome the victors. They reentered the city and grand banquets were instituted, at which they emptied great goblets in congratulations over the victory.

18 At one of these banquets the Imperial Protector said, "With such heroism as my brother has shown, Jingzhou 형주 has one upon whom to rely. But a source of sorrow is the borders with the lands of Yue, Wu, and Shu 남월, from which a raid may come at any time. Zhang Lu 장로 of Shu and Sun Quan 손권 of Yue and Wu are to be feared."

19 "But I have three bold generals," said Liu Bei, "quite equal to any task you can set them. Send Zhang Fei to keep ward on the southern border of Yue 남월, Guan Yu to guard the city of Guzi 고자성 against Zhang Lu in the west, and Zhao Zilong holding the Three Gorges 삼강 will protect you from Sun Quan. Why need you grieve?"

20 The scheme appealed strongly to the Imperial Protector, but Cai Mao 채모 did not approve.

21 So he spoke to his sister 채부인, Liu Biao's wife, saying, "Liu Bei is putting his troops in such commanding positions all round the region. That is the danger."

22 Lady Cai, thus influenced by her brother, undertook to remonstrate, and that night began by saying to Liu Biao, "Some in the Jingzhou army seem to have a great liking for Liu Bei. They are always coming and going. You ought to take precautions. I do not think you should let Liu Bei stay in the city. Why not send him on some mission?"

23 "Liu Bei is a good man," replied the Imperial Protector.

24 "I think others differ from you," said the lady.

25 Liu Biao said nothing but muttered to himself. Soon after he went out of the city to see Liu Bei and noticed he was riding a very handsome horse. They told him it was a prize taken from the recently conquered rebels; and as he praised it very warmly, Liu Bei presented it to him. Liu Biao was delighted and rode it back to the city. Kuai Yue saw it and asked where it had come from. The Imperial Protector told him it was a gift from Liu Bei.

26 Kuai Yue 괴월 said, "My passed-away brother, Kuai Liang 괴량, knew horses very well, and I am not a bad judge. This horse has tear-tracks running down from its eyes and a white blaze on its forehead. It is called a Dilu horse 적로마, and it is a danger to his master. That is why Zhang Wu was killed. I advise you not to ride it."

27 Liu Biao began to think.

28 Soon after he asked Liu Bei to a banquet and in the course of it said, "You kindly presented me with a horse lately, and I am most grateful. But you may need it on some of your expeditions and, if you do not mind, I would like to return it."

29 Liu Bei rose and thanked him.

30 The Imperial Protector continued, "You have been here a long time, and I fear I am spoiling your career as a warrior. Now Xinye 신야현 in Xiangyang 양양 is no poverty-stricken town. How would you like to garrison it with your own troops?"

31 Liu Bei naturally took the offer as a command and set out as soon as he could, taking leave of the Imperial Protector the next day. And so he took up his quarters in Xinye.

32 When he left Jingzhou City, he noticed in the gate a person making him emphatic salutations, and the man presently said, "You should not ride that horse."

33 Liu Bei looked at the man and recognized in the speaker one of the secretaries of Liu Biao named Yi Ji 이적, a native of Shanyang 산양. So Liu Bei hastily dismounted and asked why.

34 Yi Ji replied, "Yesterday I heard that Kuai Yue told the Imperial Protector that that horse was a Dilu horse and brought disaster to its owner. That is why it was returned to you. How can you mount it again?"

35 "I am deeply touched by your affection," replied Liu Bei, "but a person's life is governed by fate, and what a horse can interfere with that?"

36 Yi Ji admitted his superior view, and thereafter he kept in touch with Liu Bei wherever he went.

37 The arrival of Liu Bei in Xinye was a matter of rejoicing to all the inhabitants, and the whole administration was reformed.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,