삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 051-01 주유의 헛수고

第五十一回 曹仁大戰東吳兵 孔明一氣周公瑾 

Cao Ren Withstands The South Land;
Zhuge Liang Angers Zhou Yu. 

卻說孔明欲斬雲長。玄德曰:「昔吾三人結義時,誓同生死。今雲長雖犯法,不忍違卻前盟。望權記過,容將功贖罪。」孔明方纔饒了。

且說周瑜收軍點將,各各敘功,申報吳侯。所得降卒,盡皆發付渡江。大犒三軍,遂進兵攻取南郡。前隊臨江下寨,前後分五營。周瑜居中。

瑜正與眾商議征進之策,忽報:「劉玄德使孫乾來與都督作賀。」瑜命請入。乾施禮畢,言:「主公特命乾拜謝都督大德,有薄禮上獻。」瑜問曰:「玄德在何處?」乾答曰:「現移兵屯油江口。」瑜驚曰:「孔明亦在油江否?」乾曰:「孔明與主公同在油江。」瑜曰:「足下先回,某自來相謝也。」

瑜收了禮物,發付孫乾先回。肅曰:「卻纔都督為何失驚?」瑜曰:「劉備屯兵油江,必有取南郡之意。我等費了許多軍馬,用了許多錢糧,目下南郡垂手可得;彼等心懷不仁,要就見成,須放著周瑜不死!」肅曰:「當用何策退之?」瑜曰:「吾自去和他說話。好便好;不好時不等他取南郡,先結果了劉備!」肅曰:「某願同往。」於是瑜與魯肅引三千輕騎,逕投油江口來。

先說孫乾回見玄德,言周瑜將親來相謝。玄德乃問孔明曰:「來意若何?」孔明笑曰:「那裏為這些薄禮,肯來相謝。止為南郡而來。」玄德曰:「他若提兵來,何以待之?」孔明曰:「他來便可如此如此答應。」遂於油江口擺開戰船,岸上列著軍馬。

人報:「周瑜,魯肅,引兵到來。」孔明使趙雲領數騎來接。瑜見軍勢雄壯,心甚不安。行至營門外,玄德,孔明迎入帳中。各敘禮畢,設宴相待。玄德舉酒致謝鏖兵之事。

酒至數巡,瑜曰:「豫州移兵在此,莫非有取南郡之意否?」玄德曰:「聞都督欲取南郡,故來相助。若都督不取,備必取之。」瑜笑曰:「吾東吳久欲吞併漢江,今南郡已在掌中,如何不取?」玄德曰:「勝負不可預定。曹操臨歸,今曹仁守南郡等處,必有奇計;更兼曹仁勇不可當;但恐都督不能取耳。」瑜曰:「吾若取不得,那時任從公取。」玄德曰:「孔明,子敬在此為證,都督休悔。」

魯肅躊躇未對。瑜曰:「大丈夫一言既出,何悔之有!」孔明曰:「都督此言,甚是公論。先讓東吳去取;若不下,主公取之,有何不可?」瑜與肅辭別玄德,孔明,上馬而去。玄德問孔明曰:「卻纔先生教備如此回答,雖一時說了,展轉尋思,於理未然。我今孤窮一身,無置足之地,欲得南郡,權且容身;若先教周瑜取了,城池已屬東吳矣,卻如何得住?」孔明大笑曰:「當初亮勸主公取荊州,主公不聽,今日卻忘耶?」玄德曰:「前為景升之地,故不忍取;今為曹操之地,理合取之。」孔明曰:「不須主公憂慮。儘著周瑜去廝殺,早晚教主公在南郡城中高坐。」玄德曰:「計將安出?」孔明曰:「只須如此如此。」玄德大喜,只在江口屯紮,按兵不動。

1 Guan Yu 관우 would have died there but for his elder brother, who said to Zhuge Liang 제갈량, "We three pledged ourselves to live and die together. Although my brother Guan Yu has offended, I cannot bear to break our oath. I hope you will only record this against him and let him atone later for the fault by some specially meritorious service."

2 So the sentence was remitted.

3 In the meantime, Zhou Yu 주유 mustered his officers and called over his soldiers, noted the special services of each, and sent full reports to his master. The soldiers who had surrendered were all transported across the river. All this done they spread the feast of victory.

4 The next step was to attack and capture Nanjun 남군. The van of the army camped on the river bank. There were five camps and the Commander-in-Chief's tent was in the center. He summoned his officers to a council. At this moment Sun Qian 손건 arrived with congratulations from Liu Bei.

5 Zhou Yu received him and, having saluted in proper form, Sun Qian said, "My lord sent me on this special mission to felicitate the General on his great virtue and offer some unworthy gifts."

6 "Where is Liu Bei?" asked Zhou Yu.

7 "He is now encamped at Youkou, the mouth of River You 유강."

8 "Is Zhuge Liang there?" asked Zhou Yu, taken aback.

9 "Both are there," said Sun Qian.

10 "Then return quickly, and I will come in person to thank them."

11 The presents handed over, Sun Qian was sent back forthwith to his own camp. Then Lu Su asked Zhou Yu why he had started when he heard where Liu Bei was camped.

12 "Because," replied Zhou Yu, "camping at the mouth of River You means that he has the intention of taking Nanjun. Having spent much military energy and spared no expenditure, we thought the territory should fall to us easily. Those others are opposed to us, and they wish to get the advantage of what we have already accomplished. However, they must remember that I am not dead yet."

13 "How can you prevent them?" asked Lu Su 노숙.

14 "I will go myself and speak with them. If all goes well, then, let it be so. In case it does not, then I shall immediately settle up with Liu Bei without waiting for Nanjun to be taken."

15 "I should like to accompany you," said Lu Su.

16 The commander and his adviser started, taking with them a guard of three thousand light horse. Having arrived at Youkou, they sought out Sun Qian, who, in turn, went in to see Liu Bei and told him Zhou Yu had come to render thanks.

17 "Why has he come?" asked Liu Bei of his Directing Instructor.

18 "He is not likely to come out of simple politeness. Surely he has come in connection with Nanjun."

19 "But if he brings an army, can we stand against it?" asked Liu Bei.

20 "When he comes, you may reply thus and thus."

21 Then they drew up the warships in the river and ranged the soldiers upon the bank. When the arrival of Zhou Yu was formally announced, Zhao Zilong 조자룡, with some horsemen, went to welcome him. When Zhou Yu saw what bold soldiers they looked, he began to feel uncomfortable, but he went on his way. Being met at the camp gates by Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang, he was taken in to the chief tent, where the ceremonies were performed and preparations for a banquet had been made.

22 Presently Liu Bei raised his cup in felicitation on the recent victory gained by his guest. The banquet proceeded.

23 After a few more courses Zhou Yu said, "Of course you are camped here with no other idea than to take Nanjun?"

24 Liu Bei said, "We heard you were going to take the place and came to assist. Should you not take it, then we will occupy it."

25 Zhou Yu laughed, saying, "We of the South Land have long wished for this territory. Now that it is within our grasp, we naturally shall take it."

26 Liu Bei said, "There is always some uncertainty. Cao Cao left Cao Ren 조인 to guard the region, and you may be certain that there is good strategy behind Cao Ren, to say nothing of his boldness as a warrior. I fear you may not get it."

27 "Well, if we do not take it then, Sir, you may have it," said Zhou Yu.

28 "Here are witnesses to your words," said Liu Bei, naming Lu Su, Zhuge Liang, and those at table. "I hope you will never repent what you have just said."

29 Lu Su stammered and seemed unwilling to be cited as one of the witnesses, but Zhou Yu said, "When the word of a noble person has gone forth, it is ended. He never regrets."

30 "This speech of yours, Sir, is very generous," interjected Zhuge Liang. "The South Land shall try first. But if the place does not fall, there is no reason why my lord should not capture it."

31 The two visitors then took their leave and rode away.

32 As soon as they had left, Liu Bei turned to Zhuge Liang and said, "O Master, you bade me thus reply to Zhou Yu. But though I did so, I have turned it over and over in my mind without finding any reason in what I said. I am alone and weak, without a single foot of land to call my own. I desired to get possession of Nanjun that I might have, at least, a temporary shelter, yet I have said that Zhou Yu may attack it first. If it falls to the South Land, how can I get possession?"

33 Zhuge Liang laughed and replied, "First I advised you to attack Jingzhou, but you would not listen. Do you remember?"

34 "But it belonged to Liu Biao, and I could not bear to attack it then. Now it belongs to Cao Cao, I might do so."

35 "Do not be anxious," replied the adviser. "Let Zhou Yu go and attack it. Some day, my lord, I shall make you sit in the high place thereof."

36 "But what design have you?"

37 "So and so," said Zhuge Liang, whispering.

38 Liu Bei was satisfied with the reply, and only strengthened his position at Youkou.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,