삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 067-02 한중 평정

張衛,楊任回見張魯。衛言二將失了隘口,因此守關不住。張魯大怒,欲斬楊任。任曰:「某曾諫楊昂,休追操兵。他不肯聽信,故有此敗。任再乞一軍前去挑戰,必斬曹操。如不勝,甘當軍令。」張魯取了軍令狀。楊任上馬,引二萬軍離南鄭下寨。

卻說曹操提軍將進,先令夏侯淵領五千軍,往南鄭路上哨探,正迎著楊任軍馬,兩軍擺開。任遣部將昌奇出馬,與淵交鋒;戰不三合,被淵一刀斬於馬下。楊任自挺槍出馬,與淵戰三十餘合,不分勝負。淵佯敗而走,任從後追來;被淵用拖刀計,斬於馬下。軍士大敗而回。

曹操知夏侯淵斬了楊任,即時進兵,直抵南鄭下寨。張魯慌聚文武商議。閻圃曰:「某保一人,可敵曹操手下諸將。」魯問是誰。圃曰:「南安龐德,前隨馬超,投降主公;後馬超往西川龐德臥病不曾行。現今蒙主公恩養,何不令此人去﹖」

張魯大喜,即召龐德至,厚加賞勞;點一萬軍馬,令龐德出。離城十餘里,與曹兵相對,龐德出馬搦戰。曹操在渭橋時,深知龐德之勇,乃囑諸將曰:「龐德乃西涼勇將,原屬馬超;今雖依張魯未稱其心。吾欲得此人。汝等須皆與緩鬥,使其力乏,然後擒之。」

張郃先出,戰了數合便退。夏侯淵也戰數合退了。徐晃又戰三五合也退了。臨後許褚戰五十餘合亦退。龐德力戰四將,並無懼怯。各將皆於操前誇龐德好武藝。曹操心中大喜,與眾將商議:「如何得此人降﹖」賈詡曰:「某知張魯手下,有一謀士楊松。其人極貪賄賂。今可暗以金帛送之,使譖龐德於張魯,便可圖矣。」操曰:「何由得入南鄭﹖」詡曰:「來日交鋒詐敗佯輸棄寨而走,使龐德據我寨,我卻於夤夜引兵劫寨;龐德必退入城,卻選一能言軍士,扮作彼軍,雜在陣中,便得入城。」

操聽其計,選一精細軍士,重加賞賜,付與金掩心甲一付,令披在貼肉,外穿漢中軍士號衣,先於半路上等侯。次日,先撥夏侯淵,張郃兩枝軍,遠去埋伏;卻教徐晃挑戰,不數合敗走。龐德招軍掩殺,曹兵盡退。龐德卻奪了曹操寨柵。見寨中糧草極多,大喜,即時申報張魯;一面在寨中設宴慶賀。

當夜二更之後,忽然三路火起:正中是徐晃,許褚;左張郃,右夏侯淵。三路軍馬,齊來劫寨。龐德不及提備,只得上馬衝殺出來,望城而走。背後三路兵追來。龐德即喚開城門,領兵一擁而入。

此時細作已雜到城中,逕投楊松府下謁見,具說:「魏公,曹丞相久聞盛德,特使某送金甲為信。更有密書呈上。」松大喜,看了密書中言語,謂細作曰:「上覆魏公,但請放心。某自有良策奉報。」打發來人先回,便連夜入見張魯,說龐德受了曹操賄賂,賣此一陣。張魯大怒,喚龐德責罵,欲斬之。閻圃苦諫。張魯曰:「你來日出戰,不勝必斬!」龐德抱恨而退。

28 So the invaders took possession of the Pass, and its late defenders, Zhang Wei and Yan Ren, had to go back and report failure.

29 Zhang Wei laid the blame on his generals, saying, “The Pass could not be held after its supporting positions had been lost.”

30 Zhang Lu threatened to behead Yan Ren for his failure.

31 But Yan Ren said, "Yang Ang did not listen to my advice, and the defeat followed. Now I volunteer to make another attack. If I fail to take Cao Cao's head, I will abide by the consequences without protest."

32 Zhang Lu took his formal pledge to succeed, gave him twenty thousand troops, and sent him away. Yan Ren marched to Nanzheng and made a stockade.

33 Before Cao Cao made any further advance, he sent Xiahou Yuan, with five thousand troops, to reconnoiter the road, and they fell in with the force led by Yan Ren. Both sides drew up their battle array. From Yan Ren's side went out one general named Chang Qi to engage Xiahou Yuan. Before the fourth bout was fought, Xiahou Yuan disposed of Chang Qi. Then Yan Ren set his spear and rode to the front. They two fought near forty bouts and neither could claim victory. Then Xiahou Yuan pretended defeat and fled. The other rushed in pursuit. The fugitive suddenly employed the "swinging-horse stab" and killed his pursuer. Yan Ren's troops ran away.

34 As soon as Cao Cao knew of the death of Yan Ren, he brought up his army, marched straightway to Nanzheng and camped.

35 Zhang Lu became alarmed and called a council.

36 "I can propose a man able to stand against the best leader of the enemy," said Yan Pu.

37 "Who is he?" asked Zhang Lu.

38 "Pang De of Nanan. Pang De surrendered at the same time as Ma Chao, but could not go with Ma Chao into Yizhou as he was ill. You have treated him generously. He will save you."

39 Pang De was summoned. He came, and Zhang Lu loaded him with gifts and gave him a force of ten thousand troops, with which he marched and camped three miles from the city, near the besieging force. His camp made, Pang De rode out and challenged.

40 Now Cao Cao, remembering Pang De's boldness at the battle of River Wei Bridge, was desirous of winning the warrior for himself.

41 So Cao Cao told his generals, saying, "Pang De is a bold general of Xiliang formerly serving under Ma Chao. Though he is now under Zhang Lu, that is not his real wish. I want to win him over. So you should try to weary him by prolonging the fights, and so make him captive."

42 Wherefore first rode out Zhang He to answer the challenger. He fought a few bouts and returned. Then Xiahou Yuan did the same thing. So did Xu Huang. Lastly went Xu Chu, who kept up the fight to half a hundred bouts before he retired. Still Pang De showed no signs of fatigue nor of fear, and all those who had fought with him praised his prowess and skill.

43 "If only I could win him over to my side!" said Cao Cao longingly.

44 Said Jia Xu, "I know one of Zhang Lu's subordinates, Yang Song. He is avaricious and open to bribes. You might send him secret presents and get him to slander Pang De to his master so as to weaken Pang De's position."

45 "But how can one get at this man? He is in Nanzheng."

46 "In the next battle, pretend defeat, flee, and let Pang De take possession of this camp. Return in the night in force and drive him out, and he must retreat into the city. Let one of our own people with a persuasive tongue mingle with his troops, disguised as one of his soldiers, and so gain entrance into the city."

47 A subtle agent was found, and goodly gifts were his in advance, and he was entrusted with a golden breastplate as a bribe. He put it on and over it put on the dress of an ordinary soldier of Hanzhong. And he made his way quietly to a point on the road along which the soldiers of Hanzhong would retreat into the city. There he waited.

48 Next day, two parties under Xiahou Yuan and Zhang He were sent to lie in ambush, and Xu Huang was sent to challenge, but with orders to be defeated. The scheme went well, and as Pang De came on to smite, Cao Cao's army retired before Pang De till he found himself at their very camp. And therein he entered and was exceedingly pleased to find fodder and forage in great quantities.

49 Having sent off a messenger to his chief, Pang De spread a feast in celebration of the victory; and when night came on they slept. But about the second watch there was an alarm from three directions, and the camp was threatened by three forces: Xu Chu and Xu Huang attacking in the center, Zhang He from the left, and Xiahou Yuan from the right. It was the night attack arranged by Cao Cao, and Pang De could not make any defense. He got to horse, cut his way through, and made for the city. With the attackers in close pursuit, Pang De reached the gate, got it opened, and rushed in.

50 And the false soldier got in amid the confusion. He made his way quickly to Yang Song's residence and saw him.

51 He told Yang Song, saying, "The Great Prime Minister, Duke of Wei, knows you by reputation and holds you in great esteem. And as a token thereof he has sent you his golden breastplate and a confidential letter as well."

52 Yang Song took it all in, read the letter, and said, "I will reply by and by, and the Duke of Wei needs feel no anxiety for I shall find a means of proving my gratitude. You may return."

53 Soon after, Yang Song went to see Zhang Lu and told him, saying, "Pang De has been defeated because he has been bribed by Cao Cao."

54 Forthwith Zhang Lu summoned his general, abused him, and threatened to put him to death. Yan Pu, however, protested and proposed to test Pang De in another encounter.

55 Zhang Lu then said, "Tomorrow, if you lose, I will take your head!"

56 Pang De retired full of resentment.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,