삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 077-04 관운장의 넋

卻說漢中王自東川回成都,法正奏曰:「王上先夫人去世;孫夫人又南歸,未必再來。人倫之道,不可廢也。必納王妃,以襄內政。」漢中王從之。法正復奏曰:「吳懿有一妹,美而且賢。嘗聞有相者,相此女後必大貴。先曾許劉焉之子劉瑁;瑁早殀。其女至今寡居,大王可納之為妃。」漢中王曰:「劉瑁與我同宗,於理不可。」法正曰:「論其親疏,何異晉文之與懷嬴乎?」漢中王乃依允,遂納吳氏為王妃。後生二子:長劉永,字公壽;次劉理,字奉孝。

且說東西兩川,民安國富,田禾大成。忽有人自荊州來,言東吳求婚於關公,關公力拒之。孔明曰:「荊州危矣!可使人替關公回。」

正商議間,荊州捷報使命,絡繹而至。不一日,關興到,具言水渰七軍之事。忽又報馬到來,報說關公於江邊多設墩臺,隄防甚密,萬無一失。因此玄德放心。

忽一日,玄德自覺渾身肉顫,行坐不安;至夜不能寧睡,起坐內室,秉燭看書,覺神思昏迷,伏几而臥;室中忽起一陣冷風,燈滅復明,抬頭見一人立於燈下。玄德問曰:「汝何人,夤夜至吾內室?」其人不答。玄德疑怪,自起視之,乃是關公於燈影下,往來躲避。玄德曰:「賢弟別來無恙!夜深至此,必有大故。吾與汝情同骨肉,因何迴避?」關公泣告曰:「願兄起兵,以雪弟恨!」

言訖,冷風驟起,關公不見。玄德忽然驚覺,乃是一夢:時正三鼓。玄德大疑,急出前殿,使人請孔明來。孔明入見。玄德細言夢警。孔明曰:「此乃王上心思關公,故有此夢。何必多疑?」玄德再三疑慮,孔明以善言解之。

孔明辭出,至中門外,迎見許靖。靖曰:「某纔赴軍師府下報一機密,聽知軍師入宮,特來至此。」孔明曰:「有何機密?」靖曰:「某適聞外人傳說,東吳呂蒙已襲荊州,關公已遇害,故特來密報軍師。」孔明曰:「吾夜觀天象,見將星落於荊、楚之地,已知雲長必然被禍,但恐王上憂慮,故未敢言。」

二人正說之間,忽然殿內轉出一人,扯住孔明衣袖而言曰:「如此凶信,公何瞞我!」孔明視之,乃玄德也。孔明、許靖奏曰:「適來所言,皆傳聞之事,未足深信。願王上寬懷,勿生憂慮。」玄德曰:「吾與雲長,誓同生死;彼若有失,孤豈能獨生耶!」孔明、許靖正勸解之間,忽近侍奏曰:「馬良、伊籍至。」玄德急召入問之。二人具說荊州有失,關公兵敗求救,呈上表章。未及拆觀,侍臣又奏荊州廖化至。玄德急召入。化哭拜於地,細奏劉封、孟達不發救兵之事。

玄德大驚曰:「若如此,吾弟休矣!」孔明曰:「劉封、孟達如此無禮,罪不容誅!王上寬心,亮親提一旅之師,去救荊州之急。」玄德泣曰:「雲長有失,孤斷不獨生!孤來日自提一軍去救雲長!」遂一面差人赴閬中報知翼德,一面差人會集人馬。

未及天明,一連數次報,說關公夜走臨沮,為吳將所獲,義不屈節,父子歸神。玄德聽罷,大叫一聲,昏絕於地。正是:

為念當年同誓死,
忍教今日獨捐生!

未知玄德性命如何,且看下文分解。

86 Meanwhile in Shu, having conquered East River Land, the Prince of Hanzhong returned to his capital Chengdu.

87 Fa Zheng memorialized, saying, "O Prince, thy consorts has passed away, and the Lady Sun has returned to her maiden home, perhaps never to come again. Human relations should not be set at nought, wherefore another consort should be sought, so that all things may be correctly ordered within the Palace."

88 The Prince having signified his acceptance of the principle, Fa Zheng continued, "There is the sister of Wu Yi, comely and good, and declared by the physiognomist as destined to high honor. She was betrothed to Liu Mao, son of Liu Yan, but he died in youth, and she has remained unwedded. Take her as a wife."

89 "It is incompatible with propriety. Liu Mao and I are of the same ancestry."

90 "As to the degree of relationship, would it differ from the marriage between Duke Wen of Jin and Lady Huai Ying?"

91 Upon this precedent the Prince gave his consent and wedded the lady, and she bore to him two sons, the elder of whom was named Liu Yung and the younger Liu Li.

92 Meanwhile, the whole land of Shu was prospering, the people were tranquil, and the state was becoming wealthy. The fields in both River Lands yielded bountiful harvests.

93 Suddenly there came one who told of the attempt of Sun Quan to ally himself with Guan Yu by marriage, and the indignant rejection of the proposal.

94 "Jingzhou is in danger," said Zhuge Liang. "Recall and replace Guan Yu."

95 Then began to arrive a series of messengers from Jingzhou, bearers of news of the moves in the game. At first they brought good tidings, then evil. Guan Xing came first to tell of the drowning of the seven armies of Yu Jin. Then one reported the installation of beacon towers along the river bank, and other preparations which seemed as near perfect as any could be. And Liu Bei's anxiety ceased.

96 But evil tidings were on the way. Liu Bei was ill at ease and felt a creepiness of the skin that boded evil. He was restless by day and sleepless by night. One night he rose from his couch and was reading by the light of a candle when drowsiness overcame him, and he fell asleep over the low table by his side. He dreamed. A cold gust of wind swept through the chamber, almost putting out the candle flame. When it brightened again he glanced up and saw a figure standing near the light.

97 "Who are you, who thus come by night to my chamber?" asked he.

98 The figure made no reply, and Liu Bei got up to go over and see who it was. Then the figure took the shape of his brother. But it avoided him, retreating as he advanced.

99 Liu Bei said, "Brother, there is nothing wrong, I hope. But surely something of great importance brings you here thus in the dead of the night. And why do you avoid me, your brother, who loves you as himself?"

100 Then the figure wept and said, "Brother, send your armies to avenge me."

101 As Guan Yu said that, a chilly blast went through the room, and the figure disappeared. Just then Liu Bei awoke and knew that he had dreamed.

102 The drums were beating the third watch as he awoke. He felt greatly worried and disturbed. So he went into the front portion of the Palace and sent for Zhuge Liang. Soon he came, and Liu Bei told him of the vision.

103 "You have been thinking too deeply of Guan Yu lately, my lord," said Zhuge Liang. "There is no need to be distressed."

104 But Liu Bei could not find comfort, and Zhuge Liang was long in calming his feelings and arguing away his fancies.

105 As Zhuge Liang left the building, he met Xu Jing, who said, "Instructor, I went to your residence to deliver a very secret piece of news, and they told me to find you here."

106 "What is your secret?"

107 "There is a report about that Wu has got possession of Jingzhou; Lu Meng has taken it. And more than that, Guan Yu is dead. I had to come to tell you."

108 "I saw it in the sky some nights ago. A large star of a general fell over against Jingzhou, and I knew some evil had befallen Guan Yu. But I feared the effect upon our master, and I forbore to say anything."

109 They did not know that Liu Bei was standing just within the door.

110 Suddenly Liu Bei rushed out, seized Zhuge Liang by the sleeve and said, "Why did you hide from me? Why, when you had such terrible news?"

111 "Because it is only a rumor," replied they. "It is too improbable for belief. We pray you not to be distressed."

112 "By our oath we live or die together: How can I go on living if he is lost?"

113 The two men soothed their lord as best they could. But even as they spoke to him, one of the private attendants said that Ma Liang and Yi Ji had arrived. Liu Bei called them in and questioned them eagerly.

114 They said, "Jingzhou has indeed been lost, and Guan Yu begs for instant help."

115 The letters they brought had not been read before Liao Hua was ushered in. He prostrated himself and, weeping, told the story of the refusal of help on the part of Liu Feng and Meng Da.

116 "Then is my brother lost!" cried Liu Bei.

117 "If those two have really behaved so badly, the offense is even too great for death," said Zhuge Liang. "But calm yourself, O Prince. I will see about an army and lead it to the rescue."

118 "If Guan Yu is gone, I cannot live," moaned Liu Bei. "Tomorrow I myself will set out with an army to rescue him."

119 Liu Bei sent off a messenger to Zhang Fei in Langzhong and gave orders to muster horse and foot for instant departure.

120 Before day dawned other messengers arrived, giving step by step the sequence of the tragedy: "Guan Yu had cut his way to Linju at night and been captured by a general of Wu. He had refused to bend, and both father and son had gone to the Nine Springs."

121 When he heard of the final catastrophe, Liu Bei uttered a great cry and fell swooning.

122 His mind went back to the pledge of days gone by; 
Could he live still and let his brother die?

123 What happened will be told in the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,