삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 085-02 유비의 죽음

卻說吳將朱桓,年方二十七歲,極有膽略,孫權甚愛之;時督軍於濡須,聞曹仁引大軍去取羨溪,桓遂盡撥軍守把羨溪去了,止留五千騎守城。忽報曹仁令大將常雕同諸葛虔、王雙,引五萬精兵飛奔濡須城來。眾軍皆有懼色。

桓按劍而言曰:「勝負在將,不在兵之多寡。兵法雲;『客兵倍而主兵半者,主兵尚能勝於客兵。』今曹仁千里跋涉,人馬疲睏。吾與汝等,共據高城,南臨大江,北背山險,以逸待勞,以主制客:以主制客;此乃百戰百勝之勢。雖曹丕自來,尚不足憂,況仁等耶?」於是傳令,教眾軍偃旗息鼓,只作無人守把之狀。

且說魏將先鋒常雕,領精兵來取濡須城,遙望城上並無軍馬。雕催軍急進,離城不遠,一聲砲響,旌旗齊豎。朱桓橫刀飛馬而出,直取常雕。戰不三合,被桓一刀斬常雕於馬下。吳兵乘勢衝殺一陣,魏兵大敗,死者無數。朱桓大勝,得了無數旌旗軍器戰馬。曹仁領兵隨後到來,卻被吳兵從羨溪殺出。曹仁大敗而退,回見魏主,細奏大敗之事。丕大驚。

正議之間,忽探馬報:「曹真、夏侯尚圍了南郡,被陸遜伏兵於內,諸葛瑾伏兵於外,內外夾攻,因此大敗。」言未畢,忽探馬又報:「曹休亦被呂範殺敗。」丕聽知三路兵敗,乃喟然歎曰:「朕不聽賈詡、劉曄之言,果有此敗!」時值夏天,大疫流行,馬步軍十死六七,遂引軍回洛陽。吳、魏自此不和。

卻說先主在永安宮染病不起,漸漸沈重。至章武三年夏四月,先主知病入四肢;又哭關、張二弟,其病癒深,兩目昏花,厭見侍從之人;乃叱退左右,獨臥於龍榻之上。忽然陰風驟起,將燈吹搖,滅而復明。只見橙影之下,二人侍立。先主怒曰;「朕心緒不寧,教汝等且退,何故又來!」叱之不退。先主起而視之:上首乃雲長,下首乃翼德也。先主大驚曰:「二弟原來尚在!」雲長曰:「臣等非人,乃是鬼也。上帝以臣二人平生不失信義,皆敕命為神。哥哥與兄弟聚會不遠矣。」

先主扯定大哭。忽然驚覺:二弟不見。即喚從人問之,時正三更。先主歎曰:「朕不久於人世矣!」遂遣使往成都,請丞相諸葛亮、尚書令李嚴等,星夜來永安宮,聽受遺命。孔明等與先主次子魯王劉永、梁王劉理,來永安宮見帝,留太子劉禪守成都。且說孔明到永安宮,見先主病危,慌忙拜伏於龍榻之下。先主傳旨,請孔明坐於龍榻之側,撫其背曰:「朕自得丞相,幸成帝業;何期智識淺陋,不納丞相之言,自取其敗。悔恨成疾,死在旦夕。」嗣子孱弱,不得不以大事相託。」言訖,淚流滿面。孔明亦涕泣曰:「願陛下善保龍體,以副天下之望!」

先主以目遍視,只見馬良之弟馬謖在傍,先主令且退。謖退出,先主謂孔明曰:「丞相觀馬謖之才何如?」孔明曰:「此人亦當世之英才也。」先主曰:「不然。朕觀此人,言過其實,不可大用。丞相宜深察之。」

30 The Wu leader, Zhu Huan, who had been sent against Cao Ren at Ruxu, was a young man of twenty-seven. He was bold and resourceful, and Sun Quan held him in great regard. Hearing that Cao Ren was going to attack Xianxi, Zhu Huan led the bulk of his troops to defend it, leaving only five thousand troops in Ruxu. Then he heard that the van of the enemy, fifty thousand under General Chang Diao, with the aid of Zhuge Qian and Wang Shuang, had made a dash for Ruxu, so he hastened back and found the officers were in great fear.

31 Drawing his sword, he made a speech, "Success depends upon the leader rather than on the number of soldiers. The Art of War says that the value of one soldier who inhabits the place equals that of two soldiers who come from afar; and those who are hosts, however in small number, can overcome those who are guests. Now the enemy is weary from a long march, and I and you, my men, can hold this place together. We have the Great River to defend us on the south, and we are backed by the mountains on the north. Success should be ours easily, and we are as hosts at home awaiting the arrival of our weary visitors. This will give us victory in every fight. Even if Cao Pi comes, we need feel no anxiety. How much less care we for Cao Ren and his troops?"

32 Zhu Huan he issued orders to furl all the banners and to silence all the drums as if the city was empty of defenders.

33 In time, Chang Diao and his veterans of the van came to the city. Not a person was visible, and he hastened forward with all speed. But as he neared the city, suddenly a bomb went off. Immediately up rose a forest of flags, and out dashed Zhu Huan with his sword drawn. And he made for Chang Diao. In the third encounter Zhu Huan cut down Chang Diao, and the troops of Wu, rushing to the attack, thoroughly routed the invaders, slaying innumerable soldiers. Beside scoring a complete victory, Zhu Huan took much spoil of flags and weapons and horses.

34 Cao Ren himself, coming up later, was attacked by the troops from Xianxi and was also routed. He fled home to his master with the news of defeat and destruction.

35 And before the Ruler of Wei could decide what course to take in regard to this loss, the news came of the defeat of his another army: "Cao Zhen and Xiahou Shang were besieging Nanjun when Zhuge Jin from within and Lu Xun from without attacked in concert. The two generals suffered a great loss."

36 Immediately, another report came: "Cao Xiu has been defeated by Lu Fan at Dongkou."

37 So all three armies had failed and were lost.

38 Cao Pi sighed and said sadly, "This has come from my willfulness, and my neglect of the advice of Jia Xu and Liu Ye."

39 The summer of that year was very unhealthy, and a pestilence swept away the soldiers more than half the number. So they were marched home to Capital Luoyang. The two countries were at enmity though they were not fighting.

40 Meanwhile the First Ruler was failing. He remained in his Palace of Eternal Peace at Baidicheng and presently was confined to his couch. Gradually he became worse, and in the fourth moon of the third year of Manifest Might (AD 222) his condition became serious. He himself felt the end was near, and he was depressed and wept for his two lost brothers till the sight of his eyes suffered. He was morose and ill-tempered: He could not bear any of his court near him, drove away his servants and lay upon his couch sad and solitary.

41 One evening as thus he lay, a sudden gust of wind came into the chamber, almost extinguishing the candles. As they burned bright again, he saw two men standing in the shade behind them.

42 "I told you I was worried," said the First Ruler, "and bade you leave me. Why have you come back? Go!"

43 But they remained and did not go. Wherefore the First Ruler rose and went over to look at them. As he drew near he saw one was Guan Yu and the other Zhang Fei.

44 "Are you still alive, then, brothers?" said he.

45 "We are not men; we are shades," said Guan Yu. "The Supreme One has conferred spirithood upon us in consideration of our faithfulness throughout life, and ere long, brother, we three shall be together again."

46 The First Ruler clutched at the figures and burst into tears; then he awoke. The two figures were no longer there. He called in his people and asked the hour. They told him the third watch.

47 "I am not much longer for this world," said he with a sigh.

48 Messengers were sent to Capital Chengdu to summon the Prime Minister and other high officers of state to receive the Emperor's last instructions. They came, Zhuge Liang bringing the two younger sons, Prince of Lu Liu Yung and Prince of Liang Liu Li. The eldest, the heir-apparent, was left in charge of the capital.

49 Zhuge Liang saw at once that his master was very ill. He bowed to the ground at the foot of the Dragon Couch.

50 The dying Emperor bade him come near and sit beside him, and he patted his Minister on the back, saying, "The attainment of emperorship was your work. Little thought you that I should prove so stupid as not to follow your advice and so bring about the late disasters. But I am deeply sorry, and now I shall not live long. My heir is a degenerate, but I must leave him to do the best he can with the great inheritance."

51 And the tears flowed in streams.

52 "I trust Your Majesty will fulfill the hopes of the people by a speedy recovery," said Zhuge Liang, also in tears.

53 Turning his head, the First Ruler saw Ma Su, Ma Liang's brother, at the bedside. He bade him retire.

54 When Ma Su had left the chamber, the First Ruler said, "Do you think Ma Su is clever?"

55 "He is one of the ablest people in the empire," said Zhuge Liang.

56 "I do not think so. I think his words exceed his deeds. Do not make much use of him. Watch him carefully."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,