삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 087-01 남만 정벌

七擒孟獲(共四回)

第八十七回 征南寇丞相大興師 抗天兵蠻王初受執 

Conquering The South Mang, The Prime Minister Marches The Army;
Opposing Heaven Troops, The King Of The Mangs Is Captured.

卻說諸葛丞相在於成都,事無大小,皆親自從公決斷。兩川之民,忻樂太平,夜不閉戶,路不拾遺。又幸連年大熟,老幼鼓腹謳歌,凡遇差徭,爭先早辦。因此軍需器械應用之物,無不完備;米滿倉廒,財盈府庫。   

建興三年,益州飛報:蠻王孟獲,大起蠻兵十萬,犯境侵掠。建寧太守雍闓,乃漢朝什方侯雍齒之後,今結連孟獲造反。牂雋郡太守朱褒、越雋郡太守高定,二人獻了城。 止有永昌太守王伉不肯反。現今雍闓、朱褒、高定三人部下人馬,皆與孟獲為向導官,攻打永昌郡。今王伉與功曹呂凱,會集百姓,死守此城,其勢甚急。孔明乃入朝奏後主曰:「臣觀南蠻不服,實國家之大患也。臣當自領大軍,前去征討。」後主曰「東有孫權,北有曹丕,今相父棄朕而去,倘吳、魏來攻,如之奈何?」孔明曰:「東吳方與我國講和,料無異心;若有異心,李嚴在白帝城,此人可當陸遜也。曹丕新敗,銳氣已喪,未能遠圖;且有馬超守把漢中諸處關口,不必憂也。臣又留關興、張苞等分兩軍為救應,保陛下萬無一失。今臣先去掃盪蠻方,然後北伐,以圖中原,報先帝三顧之恩,托孤之重。」後主曰:「朕年幼無知,惟相父斟酌行之。」

言未畢,班部內一人出曰:「不可!不可!」眾視之,乃南陽人也,姓王,名連,字文儀,現為諫議大夫。連諫曰:「南方 不毛之地,瘴疫之鄉;丞相秉鈞衡之重任,而自遠征,非所宜也。且雍闓等乃疥癬之疾,丞相只須遣一大將討之,必然成功。」孔明曰:「南蠻之地,離國甚遠,人多不習王化,收伏甚難,吾當親去征之。可剛可柔,別有斟酌,非可容易托人。」王連再三苦勸,孔明不從。

是日,孔明辭了後主,令蔣琬為參軍,費為長史,董厥、樊建二人為掾史;趙雲、魏延為大將,總督軍馬;王平、張翼為副將;並川將數十員:共起川兵五十萬,前望益州進發。

忽有關公第三子關索,入軍來見孔明曰:「自荊州失陷,逃難在鮑家莊養病。每要赴川見先帝報仇,瘡痕未合,不能起行。近已安痊,打探得系吳仇人已皆誅戮,徑來西川見帝,恰在途中遇見征南之兵,特來投見。」孔明聞之,嗟訝不已;一面遣人申報朝廷,就令關索為前部先鋒,一同征南。大隊人馬,各依隊伍而行。飢餐渴飲,夜住曉行;所經之處,秋毫無犯。

1 With Prime Minister Zhuge Liang's administration of affairs in the two River Lands began a period of happiness and prosperity for the people. Tranquillity prevailed, and the state of society was well nigh perfect: Doors unbolted at night, property left by the roadside remaining untouched till the owner returned for it. Moreover, the harvests were rich year after year, and old and young, with fair, round bellies, well lined, simply sang with joy. The people hastened to fulfill their state duties and vied with each other in the performance of all arts. As a natural consequence all military preparations were perfect, the granaries bursting with grain and the treasury full to overflowing.

2 Such was the state of things when, in the third year of Beginning Prosperity (AD 225), the news came from Yizhou to the capital to report: "The Mang King, Meng Huo, leading one hundred thousand Mang tribesmen, has invaded the south and is laying waste the country. Yong Kai, the Governor of Jianning, a descent of the Han Lord Yong Chi of Shifang, had joined Meng Huo to rebel. Zhu Bao and Gao Ding, the Governors of Zangge and Yuesui, have yielded to the invaders. But the Governor of Yongchang, Wang Kang, is staunchly holding out. The three rebels---Yong Kai, Gao Ding, and Zhu Bao---, who had joined the invaders, are now acting as guides and assisting in the attack on Yongchang, which has remained faithful. Governor Wang Kang, ably assisted by Lu Kai, his Deputy Governor, is making a all-out effort to defend the city with only its ordinary inhabitants as fighting men. The position is very desperate."

3 When this news came, Zhuge Liang went into the Palace and thus memorialized to his lord, "The contumacy of the Mangs is a real danger to our state. I feel it incumbent upon me to lead an expedition to reduce the tribespeople to obedience."

4 But the Latter Ruler was afraid, and said, "Sun Quan is in the east, and Cao Pi the north. If you abandon me and either of them comes, what shall I do?"

5 "Your Majesty need have no fear. We have just concluded a league of peace with Wu, and I think they will be true to their pledge. Li Yan in Baidicheng is quite a match for Lu Xun. Cao Pi's recent defeat has taken the keenness out of his army, so that he will not feel inclined to make any expeditions further. Ma Chao is in command at the passes between Wei and Hanzhong. I shall also leave Guan Xing and Zhang Bao with forces to reinforce any point where danger may appear. I can assure Your Majesty that no untoward event will happen.

6 "I am going to sweep clean the Mang country, so that we may have a free hand to attack Wei when the day comes. Thus I shall be enabled to requite the honor paid me by your father the First Ruler, who came thrice to seek me and who doubled my obligation when he confided to me the care of his son."

7 "Indeed I am young and ignorant," replied the Latter Ruler, "and can only exist with you to decide for me."

8 At that moment Counselor Wang Lian, a man of Nanyang, stepped forward, crying, "No, no, Sir; you may not go! The South Mang is a wild country reeking with malaria. It is wrong that an officer of state in such an exalted and responsible position should go away on a distant expedition. These rebels and tribespeople are but an irritation, not a disease, and an ordinary leader would be enough to send against them. He would not fail."

9 Zhuge Liang replied, "This country of the Mangs is distant and mostly tribal. To pacify them will be difficult, and I feel I ought to go. When to be harsh and when to show leniency are matters to be decided on at the moment, and instructions cannot be easily given to another."

10 Zhuge Liang steadily opposed all Wang Lian's efforts to bring about a change of intention, and he soon took leave of the Latter Ruler and made ready to start.

11 Jiang Wan was Army Counselor of the expedition; Fei Yi, Secretary; Dong Jue and Fan Jian, Army Inspectors; Zhao Zilong and Wei Yan, Commanders; Wang Ping and Zhang Yi, Deputy Commanders. Beside these were other half a hundred leaders and officers of Shu, and the whole force was five hundred thousand troops.

12 Soon after the force marched south to Yizhou, Guan Suo, the third son of Guan Yu, appeared and wished to see Zhuge Liang.

13 And Guan Suo said to him, "After the fall of Jingzhou, I was hidden by the Bao family from where I wanted to go to the River Lands to ask the First Ruler for a revenge for my father. But I fell in illness, which was long and severe, and I only just recovered. I was then traveling toward Chengdu to meet with the Latter Ruler, when I met the army in the south expedition. I know that vengeance has been taken on the murderers of my father. And now I want to present myself to the Prime Minster."

14 Zhuge Liang was greatly affected to see him. He sent news of the young man's arrival to the court and gave Guan Suo a post of Van Leader.

15 The army, foot and horse, marched in the best of order, eating when hungry, drinking when thirsty, camping at night, and moving by day. No plundering was permitted, and the people suffered not at all.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,