삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 098-04 또다시 기산으로 나아가다

又一日大晏官僚,權命恪把盞。巡至張昭面前,昭不飲曰:「此非養老之禮也。」權謂恪曰:「汝能強子布飲乎?」恪領命,乃謂昭曰:「昔姜尚父年九十,秉旄仗鉞,未嘗言老。今臨陣之日,先生在後;飲酒之日,先生在前;何謂不養老也?」張昭無言可答,只得強飲。權因此愛之,故命撫太子。張昭左佐吳王,位列三公之上,故以其子張休為太子右弼。又以顧雍為丞相,陸遜為上將軍,輔太子守武昌。

權復還建業。群臣共議伐魏之策。張昭奏曰:「陛下初登寶位,為未可動兵。只宜修文偃武,增設學校,以安民心;緩緩圖也。」

權從其言,即令使命星夜入川,來見後主。禮畢,細奏其事。後主聞知,遂與群臣商議。眾議皆謂孫權僭越,宜絕其盟好。蔣琬曰:「可令人問於丞相。」後主即遣使到漢中問孔明。孔明曰:「可令人齎禮物入吳作賀,乞遣陸遜興師伐魏。魏必令司馬懿拒之。懿若南拒東吳,我再出祁山,長安可圖也。」後主依言,遂令太尉楊震,將名馬玉帶,金珠寶貝,入吳作賀。震至東吳,見了孫權,呈上國書。權大喜,設晏相待,打發回蜀。權召陸遜入,告以西蜀約會興伐魏之事。遜曰:「此乃孔明懼司馬懿之謀也。既與同謀,不得不從。今卻虛作起兵之勢,遙與蜀兵為應。待孔明攻魏急,吾可乘虛取中原也。」即時下令教荊、襄各處都要訓練人馬,擇日興師。

卻說陳震回到漢中,報知孔明。孔明尚憂陳倉不可輕進,先令人去哨探。回報說:「陳倉城中郝昭病重。」孔明曰:「大事成矣。」遂喚魏延、姜維分付曰:「汝二人領五千兵,星夜直奔陳倉城下;如見火起,併力攻城。」二人俱未深信,又來問曰:「何日可行?」孔明曰:「三日都要完備;不須辭我,即便起行。」二人受計去了。又喚關興、張苞至,附耳低言,如此如此,二人各受密計而去。

且說郭淮聞郝昭病重,乃與張郃商議曰:「郝昭病重,你可速去替他。我自寫表申奏朝廷,別行定奪。」張郃引著三千兵,急來替郝昭。

時郝昭病危,當夜正呻吟之間,忽報蜀兵到城下了。昭急令人上城把守。時各門上火起,城中大亂。昭聽知驚死。蜀兵一擁入城。

卻說魏延、姜維引兵到陳倉城下看時,並不見一面旗號,又無打更之人。二人驚疑,不敢攻城。忽聽得一聲砲響,四面旗幟齊豎。只見一人綸巾羽扇,鶴氅道袍,大叫曰:「汝二人來的遲了。」二人視之乃孔明也。

二人慌忙下馬,拜伏於地曰:「丞相真神計也!」孔明令放入城,謂二人曰:「吾打探得郝昭病重,吾令汝三日內領兵取城,此乃穩眾人心也。吾卻令關興、張苞只推點軍,暗出漢中。吾即藏於軍中,星夜倍道逕到城下,使彼不能調兵。吾早有細作在城內放火,發喊相助,令魏兵驚疑不定。兵無主將,必自亂矣。吾因而取之,易如反掌。兵法云:『出其不意,攻其無備。』正謂此也。」

64 Another day, at a large official banquet, Sun Quan sent the boy with a goblet of wine to each courtier.

65 When he came to Zhang Zhao, the old man declined it, saying, "This is not the proper treatment for old age."

66 "Can you not make him drink?" said Sun Quan.

67 Then said Zhuge Ke to the old gentleman, "You remember Lu Wang; he was ninety and yet gripped the signaling flags and wielded the axes of an army commander in the field. He never spoke of age. Nowadays in battle we put seniors behind, but at the banquet board we give them a front place. How can you say we do not treat old age properly?"

68 Zhang Zhao had no reply ready, and so had to drink. This sort of precocity endeared the boy to Sun Quan, and now Sun Quan made him the Left Companion to the Heir Apparent.

69 Zhang Zhao's son, Zhang Xi, was chosen for honor on account of the eminent services of his father, whose rank was only below that of Prince. Then Gu Yong became Prime Minister and Lu Xun, Regent Marshal. And Lu Xun assisted the Heir Apparent in the custody of Wuchang. Sun Quan himself returned to Jianye.

70 As Sun Quan seemed powerful and well established, the whole of his court turned their thoughts toward the suppression of Wei. Only Zhang Zhao opposed it and tendered counsels of internal reform.

71 "It is not well to begin Your Majesty's new reign with fighting. Rather improve learning and hide the sword; establish schools and so give the people the blessings of peace. Make a treaty with Shu to share the empire, and lay your plans slowly and carefully."

72 Sun Quan saw the wisdom of the advice. He sent an envoy into the River Lands to lay the scheme of an alliance before the Latter Ruler. The Latter Ruler called his courtiers to discuss it. Many were opposed to Sun Quan as an upstart usurper and advised rejection of any friendly proposals from him.

73 Then Jiang Wan said, "We should get the opinion of Zhuge Liang."

74 So they sent and put the matter before the Prime Minister.

75 Zhuge Liang said, "Send an envoy with presents and felicitations and ask Sun Quan to send Lu Xun against Wei. Then Sima Yi will be engaged with Wu, and I may once more march to Qishan and attempt Capital Changan."

76 Wherefore the Chair of the Secretariat, Chen Zhen, was sent with presents of horses, a jeweled belt, gold and pearls, and precious things into the South Land to congratulate the Ruler of Wu on his newly assumed dignity. And the presents were accepted, and the bearer thereof honored and allowed to return.

77 When this was all over, Sun Quan called in Lu Xun and asked his opinion about the concerted attack on Wei. Lu Xun saw through the scheme at once.

78 "We owe this to Zhuge Liang's fear of Sima Yi," said he. "However, we must consent since Shu asks it. We will make a show of raising an army and in a measure support them. When Zhuge Liang has actually attacked Wei, we will make for the Middle Land ourselves."

79 Orders went forth for enlisting and training Jingzhou soldiers ready for an expedition to start presently.

80 When Chen Zhen returned to Hanzhong and reported to the Prime Minister, Zhuge Liang was still worried that he could not advanced hastily by the road through Chencang. So he sent scouts out first.

81 Soon the scouts brought the news back: "The defender of the city, Hao Zhao, is being very ill."

82 "That means success for me," cried he, cheering.

83 He called in Wei Yan and Jiang Wei, and said, "Take five thousand troops and hasten to Chencang. If you see a blaze, then attack."

84 They could hardly believe what the order was meant, and came again to see their chief and asked the exact date of departure.

85 Replied Zhuge Liang, "In three days you should be ready to march. Do not come to take leave of me, but set out as soon as possible."

86 After they had left his tent, he summoned Guan Xing and Zhang Bao and gave them secret instructions.

87 Now when Guo Huai heard that Commander Hao Zhao of Chencang was ill, he and Zhang He talked over the matter.

88 Guo Huai said, "Hao Zhao is very ill. You had better go and relieve him. I will report to the capital what we have done that they may arrange."

89 So Zhang He started with his three thousand troops to relieve the sick man.

90 Hao Zhao was indeed at the point of death, and suddenly they told him that the army of Shu had reached the walls. Hao Zhao roused himself and bade them go on the ramparts. But then fire broke out at each gate, a panic spread in the city, and the noise of the confusion startled the dying man so that he passed away just as the troops of Shu were bursting in.

91 When Wei Yan and Jiang Wei reached the walls, they were perplexed to find no sign of life. No flags were flying and no watchmen struck the hours. They delayed their attack for a time. Then they heard a bomb, and suddenly the wall was thick with flags, and there appeared the well-known figure of the minister.

92 "You have come too late," cried Zhuge Liang.

93 Both dropped out of the saddle and prostrated themselves.

94 "Really, you are supernatural, O Prime Minister!" they cried.

95 They entered the city, and then he explained to them, saying, "I heard the news that Hao Zhao was seriously sick, so I sent you with the deadline of three days as a decoy to calm the people of this city. Then I hid myself in the ranks of another force under Guan Xing and Zhang Bao, which came to Chencang by double marches. Also, I had sent spies into the city to start the fires and throw the defenders into confusion. An army without a leader could never fight, and I could take the city easily. This is an instance of the rule of war: 'Do the unexpected; attack the unprepared.'"

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,