삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 035-02 수경선생

童子便引玄德,行二里餘,到莊前下馬,入至中門,忽聞琴聲甚美,玄德教童子且休通報,側耳聽之,琴聲忽住而不彈。一人笑而出曰:「琴韻清幽,音中忽起高抗之調,必有英雄竊聽。」童子指謂玄德曰:「此即吾師水鏡先生也。」玄德視其人,松形鶴骨,器宇不凡,慌忙進前施禮,衣襟尚濕。水鏡曰:「公今日幸免大難!」玄德驚訝不已。小童曰:「此劉玄德也。」

水鏡請入草堂,分賓主坐定。玄德見架上滿堆書卷,窗外盛栽松竹,棋琴於石床之上,清氣飄然。水鏡問曰:「明公何來?」玄德曰:「偶爾經由此地,因小童相指,得拜尊顏,不勝欣幸。」水鏡笑曰:「公不必隱諱,公今必逃難至此。」玄德遂以襄陽一事告之。水鏡曰:「吾觀公氣色,已知之矣。」因問玄德曰:「吾久聞明公大名,何故至今猶落魄不偶耶?」玄德曰:「命途多蹇,所以至此。」水鏡曰:「不然;蓋因將軍左右不得其人耳。」玄德曰:「備雖不才,文有孫乾、糜竺、簡雍之輩,武有關、張、趙雲之流,竭忠輔相,頗賴其力。」水鏡曰:「關、張、趙雲,皆萬人敵,惜無善用之人。若孫乾、糜竺輩,乃白面書生耳,非經綸濟世之才也。」

玄德曰:「備亦嘗側身以求山谷之遺賢,奈未遇其人何!」水鏡曰:「豈不聞孔子云:『十室之邑,必有忠信。』何謂無人?」玄德曰:「備愚昧不識,願求指教。」水鏡曰:「公聞荊、襄諸郡小兒之謠乎?其謠曰:

『八九年間始欲衰,至十三年無孑遺。
  到頭天命有所歸,泥中蟠龍向天飛。』

此謠始於建安初。建安八年,劉景升喪卻前妻,便生家亂,此所謂『始欲衰』也;『無孑遺』者,謂景升將逝,文武零落無孑遺矣;『天命有歸』,『龍向天飛』,蓋應在將軍也。」

玄德聞言驚謝曰:「備安敢當此!」水鏡曰:「今天下之奇才,盡在於此,公當往求之。」玄德急問曰:「奇才安在?果係何人?」水鏡曰:「伏龍、鳳雛,兩人得一,可安天下。」玄德曰:「伏龍、鳳雛,何人也?」水鏡撫掌大笑曰:「好!好!」玄德再問時,水鏡曰:「天色已晚,將軍可於此暫宿一宵,明日當言之。」即命小童具飲饌相待,馬牽入後院喂養。

玄德飲膳畢,即宿於草堂之側。玄德因思水鏡之言,寢不成寐。

29 The cowherd led the way for about one mile, when Liu Bei found himself in front of a farm house. He dismounted and went to the center door. Suddenly came to his ear the sound of a lute most skillfully played and the air was extremely beautiful. He stopped his guide and would not allow him to announce a visitor, but stood there rapt by the melody.

30 Suddenly the music ceased.

31 He heard a deep laugh and a man appeared, saying, "Amidst the clear and subtle sounds of the lute, there suddenly rang out a high note as though some noble man was near."

32 "That is my master," said the lad pointing.

33 Liu Bei saw before him a figure slender and straight as a pine tree, a very saint-like being. Hastening forward he saluted. The skirt of his robe was still wet from the river.

34 "You have escaped from a grave danger today, Sir," said Water Mirror.

35 Liu Bei was startled into silence, and the cowherd said to his master, "This is Liu Bei."

36 Water Mirror asked him to enter; and when they were seated in their relative positions as host and guest, Liu Bei glanced round the room. Upon the bookshelves were piled books and manuscripts. The window opened upon an exquisite picture of pines and bamboos and a lute lay upon a stone couch. The room showed refinement in its last degree.

37 "Whence come you, Illustrious Sir?" asked the host.

38 "By chance I was passing this way and the lad pointed you out to me. So I came to bow in your honored presence. I cannot tell what pleasure it gives me."

39 Water Mirror laughed, saying, "Why this mystery? Why must you conceal the truth? You have certainly just escaped from a grave danger."

40 Then Liu Bei told the story of the banquet and the flight.

41 "I knew it all from your appearance," said his host. "Your name has long been familiar, but whence comes it that, up to the present, you are only a homeless devil?"

42 "I have suffered many a check during my life," said Liu Bei, "and through one of them am I here now."

43 "It should not be so. But the reason is that you still lack the one person to aid you."

44 "I am simple enough in myself, I know. But I have Sun Qian 손건, Mi Zhu 미축, and Jian Yong 간옹 on the civil side, and for warriors I have Guan Yu 관우, Zhang Fei 장비, and Zhao Zilong 조자룡. These are all most loyal helpers, and I depend upon them not a little."

45 "Your fighting generals are good: Fit to oppose a legion. The pity is you have no really able adviser. Your civilians are but pallid students of books, not people fitted to weave and control destiny."

46 "I have always yearned to find one of those marvelous recluses who live among the hills till their day arrive. So far I have sought in vain."

47 "You know what the Teacher Confucius said, 'In a hamlet of ten households there must be one true person.' Can you say there is no one?"

48 "I am simple and uninstructed. I pray you enlighten me."

49 "You have heard what the street children sing:

"In eight and nine years begins decay, 
Four years, then comes the fateful day, 
When destiny will show the way, 
And the dragon flies out of the mire!

51 "This song was first heard when the new reign style was adopted. The first line was fulfilled when Imperial Protector Liu Biao lost his first wife, and when his family troubles began. The next line relates to the approaching death of Liu Biao, and there is not a single person among all his crowd of officers who has the least ability. The last two lines will be fulfilled in you, General."

52 Liu Bei started up in surprise, crying, "How could such a thing be?"

53 Water Mirror continued, "At this moment the marvelously clever people of the earth are all here and you, Sir, ought to seek them."

54 "Where are they? Who are they?" said Liu Bei quickly.

55 "If you could find either Sleeping Dragon 봉룡 or Young Phoenix 봉추, you could restore order in the empire."

56 "But who are these two?"

57 His host clapped his hands, smiled and said, "Good, very good!"

58 When Liu Bei persisted and pressed home his questions, Water Mirror said, "It is getting late. You might stay the night here, General, and we will talk over these things tomorrow."

59 He called to a lad to bring wine and food for his guest and his horse was taken to the stable and fed. After Liu Bei had eaten, he was shown to a chamber opening off the main room and went to bed. But the words of his host would not be banished, and he lay there only dozing till far into the night.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,