삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 044-02 손권의 결단

至晚,人報魯子敬引孔明來拜。瑜出中門迎入。敘禮畢,分賓主而坐。肅先問瑜曰:「今曹操驅眾南侵,和與戰二策,主公不能決,一聽於將軍。將軍之意若何?」瑜曰:「曹操以天子為名,其師不可拒。且其勢大,未可輕敵。戰則必敗,降則易安。吾意已決。來日見主公,便當遣使納降。」

魯肅愕然曰:「君言差矣!江東基業,已歷三世,豈可一旦棄於他人?伯符遺言,外事付託將軍。今正欲仗將軍保全國家,為泰山之靠,奈何亦從懦夫之議耶?」瑜曰:「江東六郡,生靈無限;若罹兵革之禍,必有歸怨於我,故決計請降耳。」肅曰:「不然。以將軍之英雄,東吳之險固,操未必便能得志也。」

二人互相爭辯,孔明只袖手冷笑。瑜曰:「先生何故哂笑?」孔明曰:「亮不笑別人,笑子敬不識時務耳。肅曰:「先生如何反笑我不識時務?」孔明曰:「公瑾主意欲降操,甚為合理。」瑜曰:「孔明乃識時務之士,必與吾有同心。」肅曰:「孔明,你也如何說此?」孔明曰:「操極善用兵,天下莫敢當。向只有呂布、袁紹、袁術、劉表敢與對敵。今數人皆被操滅,天下無人矣。獨有劉豫州不識時務,強與爭衡。今孤身江夏,存亡未保。將軍決計降曹,可以保妻子,可以全富貴。國祚遷移,付之天命,何足惜哉!」

魯肅大怒曰:「汝教吾主屈膝受辱於國賊乎!」孔明曰:「愚有一計。並不勞牽羊擔酒,納土獻印;亦不須親自渡江;只須遣一介之使,扁舟送兩個人到江上。操若得此兩人,百萬之眾,皆卸甲捲旗而退矣。」瑜曰:「用何二人,可退操兵?」孔明曰:「江東去此兩人,如大木飄一葉,太倉減一粟耳。而操得之,必大喜而去。」

瑜又問果用何二人孔明曰:「亮居隆中時,即聞操於漳河新造一臺,名曰銅雀,極其壯麗;廣選天下美女以實其中。操本好色之徒,久聞江東喬公有二女,長曰大喬,次曰小喬,有沈魚落雁之容,閉月羞花之貌。操曾發誓曰:『吾一願掃平四海,以成帝業;一願得江東二喬,置之銅雀臺,以樂晚年,雖死無恨矣。』今雖引百萬之眾,虎視江南,其實為此二女也。將軍何不去尋喬公,以千金買此二女,差人送與曹操。操得二女,稱心滿意,必班師矣。此范蠡獻西施之計,何不速為之?」

瑜曰:「操欲得二喬,有何證驗?」孔明曰:「曹操幼子曹植,字子建,下筆成文。操嘗命作一賦,名曰銅雀臺賦。賦中之意,單道他家合為天子,誓取二喬。」

29 About eventide Lu Su 노숙 and Zhuge Liang 제갈량 came, and Zhou Yu 주유 went out to the main gate to receive them.

30 When they had taken their proper seats, Lu Su spoke first, saying, "Cao Cao has come against the South Land with a huge army. Our master cannot decide whether to submit or give battle and waits for your decision. What is your opinion?"

31 Zhou Yu replied, "We may not oppose Cao Cao when he acts at the command of the Emperor. Moreover, he is very strong, and to attack him is to take serious risks. In my opinion, opposition would mean defeat and, since submission means peace, I have decided to advise our lord to write and offer surrender."

32 "But you are wrong!" stammered Lu Su. "This country has been under the same rule for three generations and cannot be suddenly abandoned to some other. Our late lord Sun Ce said that you were to be consulted on matters beyond the border, and we depended upon you to keep the country as secure and solid as the Taishan Mountains. Now you adopt the view of the weaklings and propose to yield! I cannot believe you mean it."

33 Replied Zhou Yu, "The six territories contain countless people. If I am the means of bringing upon them the misery of war, they will hate me. So I have decided to advise submission."

34 "But do you not realize our lord's might and the strength of our country? If Cao Cao does attack, it is very uncertain that he will realize his desire."

35 The two wrangled for a long time, while Zhuge Liang sat smiling with folded arms.

36 Presently Zhou Yu asked, "Why do you smile thus, Master?"

37 And Zhuge Liang replied, "I am smiling at no other than your opponent Lu Su, who knows nothing of the affairs of the day."

38 "Master," said Lu Su, "what do you mean?"

39 "Why, this intention to submit is perfectly reasonable. It is the one proper thing."

40 "There!" exclaimed Zhou Yu. "Zhuge Liang knows the times perfectly well, and he agrees with me."

41 "But, both of you, why do you say this?" said Lu Su.

42 Said Zhuge Liang, "Cao Cao 조조 is an excellent commander, so good that no one dares oppose him. Only very few have ever attempted it, and they have been exterminated---the world knows them no more. The only exception is Liu Bei 유비, who did not understand the conditions and vigorously contended against him, with the result that he is now at Jiangxia in a very parlous state. To submit is to secure the safety of wives and children, to be rich and honored. But the dignity of the country would be left to chance and fate---however, that is not worth consideration."

43 Lu Su interrupted angrily, "Would you make our lord crook the knee to such a rebel as Cao Cao?"

44 "Well," replied Zhuge Liang, "there is another way, and a cheaper. There would be no need to 'lead the sheep and shoulder wine pots' for presents, nor any need to yield territory and surrender seals of office. It would not even be necessary to cross the river yourselves. All you would require is a simple messenger and a little boat to ferry a couple of persons across the river. If Cao Cao only got these two under his hand, his hordes and legions would just drop their weapons, furl their banners, and silently vanish away."

45 "What two persons could cause Cao Cao to go away as you say?" asked Zhou Yu.

46 "Two persons who could be easily spared from this populous country. They would not be missed any more than a leaf from a tree or a grain of millet from a granary. But if Cao Cao could only get them, would he not go away rejoicing?"

47 "But who are the two?" asked Zhou Yu again.

48 "When I was living in the country, they told me that Cao Cao was building a pavilion on the River Zhang 장하. It was to be named the Bronze Bird Tower 동작대. It is an exceedingly handsome building, and he has sought throughout all the world for the most beautiful women to live in it. For Cao Cao really is a sensualist.

49 "Now there are two very famous beauties in Wu 오나라, born of the Qiao family 교공. So beautiful are they that birds alight and fishes drown, the moon hides her face and the flowers blush for shame at sight of them. Cao Cao has declared with an oath that he only wants two things in this world: The imperial throne in peace and the sight of those two women on the Bronze Bird Terraces. Given these two, he would go down to his grave without regret. This expedition of his, his huge army that threatens this country, has for its real aim these two women. Why do you not buy these two from their father, the State Patriarch Qiao, for any sum however large and send them over the river? The object of the army being attained, it will simply be marched away. This is the ruse that Fan Li 범려 of Yue made to the king of Wu 오왕 of the famous beauty Xi Shi 서시."

50 "How do you know Cao Cao so greatly desires these two?" said Zhou Yu.

51 "Because his son Cao Zhi 조식, who is an able writer, at the command of his father wrote a poem 'An Ode to the Bronze Bird Terrace 동작대부,' theme only allowing allusions to the family fitness for the throne. He has sworn to possess these two women. I think I can remember the poem, if you wish to hear it. I admire it greatly."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,