삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 062-05 부수관

卻說玄德立起免死旗,但川兵倒戈卸甲者,並不許殺害,如傷者償命;又諭眾降兵曰:「汝川人皆有父母妻子,願降者充軍,不願降者放回。」於是歡聲動地。黃忠安下寨腳,逕來見玄德,說魏延違了軍令,可斬之,玄德急召魏延,魏延解冷苞至。玄德曰:「延雖有罪,此功可贖。」令魏延謝黃忠救命之恩,今後毋得相爭。魏延頓首伏罪。玄德重賞黃忠。使人押冷苞到帳下,玄德去其縛,賜酒壓驚,問日:「汝肯降否?」冷苞曰:「既蒙免死,如何不降?劉瑰,張任與某為生死之交;若肯放某回去,當即招二人來降,就獻雒城。」玄德大喜,便賜衣服鞍馬,令回雒城。魏延曰:「此人不可放回。若脫身一去,不復來矣。」玄德曰:「吾以仁義待人,人不負我。」

卻說冷苞得回雒城,見劉瑰,張任,不說捉去放回,只說被我殺了十餘人,奪得馬匹逃回。劉瑰忙遣人往成都求救。劉璋聽知折了鄧賢,大驚,慌忙聚眾商議。長子劉循進曰:「兒願領兵前去守雒城。」璋曰:「既吾兒肯去,當遣誰人為輔?」一人出曰:「某願往。」璋視之,乃舅氏吳懿也。璋曰:「得尊舅去最好。誰可為副將?」

吳懿保吳蘭,雷同二人為副將,點二萬軍馬來到雒城。劉瑰,張任接著,具言前事。吳懿曰:「兵臨城下,難以拒敵;汝等有何高見?」冷苞曰:「此間一帶,正靠涪江,江水大急;前面寨占山腳,其形最低。某乞五千軍,各帶鍬鋤前去,決涪江之水,可盡淹死劉備之兵也。」吳懿從其計,即令冷苞前往決水,吳蘭,雷同引兵接應。冷苞領命,自去準備決水器械。

卻說玄德令黃忠,魏延各守一寨,自回涪城,與軍師龐統商議。細作報說:「東吳孫權遣人結好東川張魯,將欲來攻葭萌關。」玄德驚曰:「若葭萌關有失,截斷後路,吾進退不得,當如之何?」龐統謂孟達曰:「公乃蜀中人,多知地理,去守葭萌關,如何?」達曰:「某保一人與某同去守關,萬無一失。」玄德問何人。達曰:「此人曾在荊州劉表部下為中郎將,乃南郡枝江人。姓霍,名峻,字仲邈。」玄德大喜,即時遣孟達,霍峻守葭萌關去了。

龐統退歸館舍,門吏忽報:「有客特來相訪。」統出迎接,見其人身長八尺,形貌甚偉;頭髮截短,披於頸上;衣服不甚齊整。統問曰:「先生何人也?」其人不答,逕登堂仰臥床上。統甚疑之,再三請問。其人曰:「且稍停,吾當與汝說知天下大事。」統聞之愈疑,命左右進酒食。其人起而便食,並無謙遜;飲食甚多,食罷又睡。統疑惑不定,使人請法正視之,恐是細作。法正慌忙到來。統出迎接,謂正曰:「有一人如此如此。」法正曰:「莫非彭永言乎?」陞階視之。其人躍起曰:「孝直別來無恙?」正是:

只為川人逢舊識,
遂令涪水息洪流。

畢竟此人是誰,且看下文分解。

116 The ambush had been prepared by Wei Yan, who, knowing he had committed a fault, had collected as many of his soldiers as he could find and made some of the captured soldiers of Yizhou guide him to a spot suitable for laying an ambush.

117 Liu Bei had hoisted the flag of amnesty for his enemies, and whenever any soldier of the West River Land laid down his weapons and stripped off his armor he was spared. Also all the wounded were granted life. Liu Bei told his enemies that they had liberty of choice.

118 He said, "You soldiers have parents and wives and little ones at home, and those who wish to return to them are free to go. If any wish to join my army, they also will be received."

119 At this proof of generosity the sound of rejoicing filled the land.
120 Having made his camp, Huang Zhong came to Liu Bei and said, "Wei Yan should be put to death for disobedience!"

121 The culprit was summoned and came, bringing with him his prisoner. Liu Bei decided that the merit of capturing an enemy should be set against his fault and bade him thank his rescuer, enjoining upon them both to quarrel no more. Wei Yan bowed his head and confessed his fault, and Huang Zhong was handsomely rewarded.

122 The prisoner was then taken before Liu Bei to decide upon his fate. Liu Bei loosened Ling Bao's bonds by his own hands and gave him the cup of consolation. After he had drunk, Liu Bei asked if he was willing to surrender.

123 "Since you give me my life, I can do no other," said he. "Moreover, my two companions, Liu Gui and Zhang Ren, and I are sworn to live or die together. If you will release me, I will return and bring them also to you and therewith you will get possession of Luocheng."

124 Liu Bei gladly accepted the offer. He gave Ling Bao clothing and a horse and bade him go to the city to carry out his plan.

125 "Do not let him go," said Wei Yan. "If you do, you will never see him again."

126 Liu Bei replied, "If I treat humans with kindness and justice, they will not betray my trust."

127 So the prisoner was set free.

128 When Ling Bao reached the city and saw his two friends, he told them, saying, "I slew many of the enemy and escaped by mounting the steed of one of them."

129 Ling Bao said no word of having been captured. Messengers were sent in haste to Chengdu for help.

130 The loss of his general, Deng Xiang, disturbed the Imperial Protector greatly. He called his advisers together to consult.

131 Then his eldest son, Liu Xun, said, "Father, let me go to defend Luocheng."

132 "You may go, my son, but who is there to go with you?"

133 One Wu Yi at once offered himself. He was brother-in-law to Liu Zhang.

134 Liu Zhang said, "It is well that you go, brother-in-law, but who will second you?"

135 Wu Yi at once recommended two men, Wu Lan and Lei Tong, who were appointed to assist in the command. Twenty thousand troops were given them, and they set out for Luocheng. Liu Gui and Zhang Ren came out to welcome them and told them what had happened.

136 Wu Yi said, "If the enemy draw near to the walls, it will be hard to drive them off again. What do you two think should be done?"

137 Ling Bao replied, "The city lies along River Fu and the current is strong. The enemy camp lies low at the foot of the hills. With five thousand people I can cut the river banks, flood their camp, and drown Liu Bei and his army with him."

138 The plan was approved, and Ling Bao went away to carry it out. Wu Lan and Lei Tong were told off to supervise the workers. They began to prepare the tools for cutting the bank.

139 Leaving Huang Zhong and Wei Yan in command of the two camps, Liu Bei went away to Fucheng to consult with Pang Tong, the army's instructor. Intelligence had been received that Sun Quan had sent a messenger to seek to make a league with Zhang Lu to make a joint attack upon the Jiameng Pass, and Liu Bei was alarmed lest it should come to pass.

140 "If they do that, I am taken in the rear and helpless in both advance and retreat," said he. "What do you counsel, O Instructor?"

141 Pang Tong turned to Meng Da, saying, "You are a native of Shu and well skilled in its topography. What can be done to make the Pass secure?"

142 "Let me take a certain man with me, and I will defend it myself and answer for its safety."

143 "Who is he?" asked Liu Bei.

144 "He was formerly an officer under Liu Biao. His name is Huo Jun, and he is a native of Nanjun in the south."

145 This offer was accepted, and the two generals departed.

146 After the council, when Pang Tong returned to his lodging, the doorkeeper told him that a visitor had arrived. When Pang Tong went out to receive him, he saw a huge tall fellow eight cubits in stature and of noble countenance. His hair had been cut short and hung upon his neck. He was poorly dressed.

147 "Who may you be, Master?" asked Pang Tong.

148 The visitor made no reply, but went at once straight up the room and lay upon the couch. Pang Tong felt very suspicious of the man and repeated his question.

149 Pressed again, the visitor said, "Do let me rest a little. Then I will talk with you about everything in the world."

150 This answer only added to the mystery and increased the host's suspicion, but he had wine and food brought in, of which the guest partook ravenously. Having eaten, he lay down and fell asleep.

151 Pang Tong wag greatly puzzled and thought the man must be a spy. He sent for Fa Zheng, met him in the courtyard, and told him about the strange visitor.

152 "Surely it can be no other than Peng Yang," said Fa Zheng.

153 Fa Zheng went inside and looked.

154 Immediately the visitor jumped up, saying, "I hope you have been well since we parted last!"

155 Because two old friends meet again, 
A river's fatal flood is checked.

156 The next chapter will explain who the stranger was.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,