삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 073-02 한중왕 현덕

玄德既為漢中王,遂修表一道,差人齎赴許都。表曰:

備以具臣之才,荷上將之任,總督三軍,奉辭於外;不能掃除寇難,靖匡王室,久使陛下聖教陵遲;六合之內,否而未泰,惟憂反側,疢如疾首。

曩者,董卓造為亂階,自是之後,群凶縱橫,殘剝海內。賴陛下聖德威臨,人臣同應,或忠義奮討,或上天降罰,暴逆並殪,以漸冰消。惟獨曹操,久未梟除,侵擅國權,恣心極亂。臣昔與車騎將軍董承圖謀討操,事機不密,承見陷害。臣播越失據,忠義不果,遂使操窮凶極逆。主后戮殺,皇子鴆害。雖糾合同盟,念在奮力;懦弱不武。歷年未效。常恐殞越,辜負國恩;寤寐永歎,夕惕若厲。

今臣群僚,以為在昔虞書,敦敘九族,庶明勵冀,帝王相傳,此道不廢。周監二代,並建諸姬,實賴普、鄭夾輔之力。高祖龍興,尊王之弟,大啟九國,卒斬諸呂,以安大宗。今操惡直醜正,實繁有徒,包藏禍心,篡盜已顯;既宗室微弱,帝族無位,斟酌古式,依假權宜:上臣為大司馬漢中王。

臣伏自三省,受國厚恩,荷任一方,陳力未效,所獲已過,不宜復忝高位,以重罪謗。群僚見逼,迫臣以義。臣退惟寇賊不梟,國難未已;宗廟傾危,社稷將墜;誠臣憂心碎首之日。若應權通變,以寧靜聖朝,雖赴水火,所不得辭。輒順眾議,拜受印璽,以崇國威。

仰惟爵號,位高寵厚;俯思報效。憂深責重;驚怖惕息,如臨於谷,敢不盡力輸誠,獎勵六師,率齊群義,應天順時,撲討兇逆,以寧社稷?謹拜表以聞。

表到許都,曹操在鄴郡聞知玄德自立為漢中王,大怒曰:「織蓆小兒,安敢如此!吾誓滅之!」即時傳令,盡起傾國之兵,赴兩川與漢中王決雌雄。一人出班諫曰:「大王不可因一時之怒,親勞車駕遠征。臣有一計,不須張弓隻箭,令劉備在蜀自受其禍;待其兵衰力盡,只須一將往征之,便可成功。」

19 As soon as the investiture was completed, Liu Bei composed a memorial and sent it to Capital Xuchang. This is the document:

20 "I, Liu Bei, have but ordinary talents, yet was I made a general of high rank and led a great army. Though I received a commission to purge the empire of rebels, I was unable to cleanse it and so renew the tranquillity to Your Majesty's house and restore the dynasty. Too long have I delayed to spread Your Majesty's sacred governance. The world is evil and not in good case, and as I sorrowfully think it over and over, I am distressed as one in severe pain.

21 "Rebellion began with Dong Zhuo, and all kinds of evils have spread abroad; cruelty and ferocity have become rife. Strong in faith in Your Majesty's sacred virtue and inspiring presence, many banded together to help. The loyal exerted themselves to destroy the rebels, but others of them were smitten of heaven. The fierce and the contumacious have been exterminated, and gradually rebellion has melted away.

22 "Only Cao Cao now remains, too long unpunished. He has arrogated to himself the authority of the state. His wicked heart is very rebellious. Once I, with General Dong Cheng, the State Uncle, conspired against him, but the plot was discovered and my fellow conspirator suffered. Thenceforward I was a wanderer and my loyalty availed nothing. It only allowed Cao Cao further license and liberty to do evil, till he dared even to accomplish the death of the Empress and the destruction of her sons. Although we might band together and form associations, yet, with all our energy, we had to recognize that we were too weak for war. Wherefore the years passed and nothing was accomplished. In constant fear of destruction, we even fear more lest our duty to the state be forgotten. Waking and sleeping we sighed, and our nights were times of anxiety.

23 "Now my fellows consider that history has repeated itself. They attach the utmost importance to the family and would manifest it with all their might. Hereditary succession of rulers is still a principle. The rulers of Zhou, taking the two preceding dynasties as models, strengthened its clan's position through all the states, and it reinforced itself with the support of the states of Jing and Zheng. When the great Founder of Han came into his own, he ennobled his whole family with kingships and lordships. Later, the dynasty had to issue a general command throughout the whole of the nine regions in order to destroy the widespread Lu Family and to enhance the Liu Family.

24 "Now Cao Cao is an enemy of all rectitude, and his followers are all evil. His treachery is manifest. Since the members of the imperial clan are few and weak, the clan is not honored. Having reflected upon the ancient models and being desirous of temporary alleviation, my fellows have made me assume the title of Prince of Hanzhong with the addition of Regent Marshal.

25 "I have deeply considered these things. If one receives kindness from the Throne and accepts the responsibility for a portion of the state and fail, then such a fault would only be made the more serious by holding high rank and thereby increasing the burden of reproach. But my fellows have urged me, and they have convinced me that it would be right; and, should I refuse, the wicked will not be destroyed and the danger to the state will not be removed. The temple of our ancestors is in danger, and the imperial prerogatives are failing. A faithful servant, who in the day of tribulation can undertake a suitable policy whereby to preserve the dynasty, should not refuse his help at any cost. Wherefore I have yielded and accepted the position for the glory of the state.

26 "Humbly I think of such a title and its exalted position and the favor vouchsafed me, and I would endeavor to show true gratitude. My anxiety is deep, for the responsibility is heavy. I am as one on the brink of a great gulf. I must surely exert myself to the utmost and encourage my armies and lead all disciples of rectitude, in accordance with the will of Heaven and as occasion serves, to smite rebellion so as to restore the dynasty."

27 When this memorial reached Capital Xuchang, Cao Cao was in the Palace at Yejun, and it annoyed him greatly.

28 "How dare this mean weaver of straw shoes behave thus?" said he. "Now I swear that I will destroy him."

29 So he issued orders for the whole force of the state to go out against the two River Lands to wage fierce war with the new Prince of Hanzhong.

30 But a remonstrance came from the mouth of one man.

31 "Let not the great Prince of Wei trouble himself to go on a distant expedition because of a temporary annoyance. I can propose a plan of which the execution will need not the bending of a single bow, and yet it will make Liu Bei bring down disaster upon his own head. When his army shall have become exhausted, it will only be necessary to send one single general against him and victory will be ours."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,