삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 074-01 칠군을 물속에 장사지내다

失荊州(共四回)

第七十四回 龐令名抬櫬決死戰 關雲長放水淹七軍(『淹』以弇代奄)

Pang De Takes His Coffin To The Field;
Guan Yu Uses Water To Drown The Seven Armies.

卻說曹操欲使于禁赴樊城救援,問眾將誰敢作先鋒,一人應聲願往。操視之,乃龐德也。操大喜曰:「關某威震華夏,未逢對手;今遇令名,真勁敵也。」遂加于禁為征南將軍,加龐德為征西都先鋒,大起七軍,前往樊城。這七軍,皆北方強壯之士。兩員領軍將校:一名董衡,一名董超。當日引各頭目參拜于禁。董衡曰:「今將軍提七枝重兵,去解樊城之厄,期在必勝;乃用龐德為先鋒,豈不誤事。」禁驚問其故。衡曰:「龐德原係馬超手下副將,不得已而降魏;今其故主在蜀,職居『五虎上將』;況其親兄龐柔亦在西川為官;今使他為先鋒,是潑油救火也。將軍何不啟知魏王,別換一人去?」

禁聞此語,遂連夜入府啟知曹操。操省悟,即喚龐德至階下,令納下先鋒印。德大驚曰:「某正欲與大王出力,何故不肯見用?」操曰:「孤本無猜疑;但今馬超現在西川,汝兄龐柔亦在西川,俱佐劉備;孤縱不疑,奈眾口何?」  龐德聞之,免冠頓首,流血滿面而告曰:「某自漢中投降大王,每感厚恩;雖肝腦塗地,不能補報。大王何疑於德也?德昔在故鄉時,與兄同居;嫂甚不賢,德乘醉殺之;兄恨德入骨髓,誓不相見,恩已斷矣。故主馬超,有勇無謀,兵敗地亡,孤身入川,今與德各事其主,舊義已絕。德感大王恩遇,安敢萌異志?惟大王察之。」操乃扶起龐德,撫慰曰:「孤素知卿忠義,前言特以安眾人之心耳。卿可努力建功,卿不負孤,孤亦必不負卿也。」

德拜謝回家,令匠人造一木櫬。次日,請諸友赴席,列櫬於堂。眾親友見之皆驚,問曰:「將軍出師,何用此不祥之物?」德舉盃謂親友曰:「吾受魏王厚恩,誓以死報。今去樊城,與關某決戰,我若不能殺彼,必為彼所殺;即不為彼所殺,我亦當自殺:故先備此櫬,以示無空回之理。」眾皆嗟歎。德喚其妻李氏與其子龐會出,謂其妻曰:「吾今為先鋒,義當效死疆場。我若死,汝好生看養吾兒。吾兒有異相,長大必當與吾報讎也。」妻子痛哭送別,德令扶櫬而行。

1 The bold and self-confident leader of Cao Cao's army who promised to make an end of Guan Yu was Pang De. Cao Cao was glad to find such a man.

2 "That fellow Guan Yu has a great reputation, and in the whole empire he has no rival. He has not met his match yet, but now you are going, he will find all his work cut out."

3 So spoke Cao Cao. He conferred on Yu Jin the title of General Who Corrects the South and on Pang De that of General Who Corrects the West, and he made Pang De Leader of the Van. The two generals marched out with their seven armies to Fancheng.

4 These seven armies were composed of sturdy fellows from the north, led by two of their own Marching Commanders named Dong Heng and Dong Chao. Hearing who was to command them, these two, supported by their generals, went to see Yu Jin and represented that the Leader of the Van was unsuitable.

5 Dong Heng said, "Sir General, the expedition you lead is for the relief of Fancheng, and it can confidently expect victory. But is it wise to place such as Pang De in command of the van?"

6 "Why?" said Yu Jin, surprised.

7 "Because Pang De was once under the command of Ma Chao. He had no alternative but to surrender and fight for Wei. But his former chief is now in high honor in Shu, one of the Five Tiger Generals, and his own brother Pang Rou is there, too, as an officer. To send Pang De as Leader of the Van just now seems like trying to extinguish a fire with oil. Would it not be well to inform the Prince of Wei and ask him to exchange this man for another?"

8 Without further argument or delay, Yu Jin went to see the Prince and laid before him the objections to Pang De's appointment. As soon as Cao Cao understood, he summoned Pang De to the steps and bade him yield his seal as Leader of the Van.

9 "O Prince, why do you reject my services? I was just about to do my best for you."

10 "I do not doubt you, but Ma Chao is now in the west, and your brother also---both in the service of Liu Bei. I myself have no doubts, but it is what all the crowd are saying. What can I do?"

11 Pang De took off his headdress and prostrated himself, bitter tears rolling down his cheeks.

12 "Since I surrendered to you, O Prince, I have experienced much kindness, so that I would undergo any sufferings to show my gratitude. I hope you will trust me. When my brother and I were at home together, his wife was a wicked woman, and I slew her while I was drunk. My brother has never forgiven me, but is permeated with hate for me. He swears never to see me again, and we are enemies. For my old master, Ma Chao, I have profound contempt. He is bold, but only that, and was in a pitiable and dejected state when he found his way to the west. Now, like me, he serves his own master, but our friendship is at an end. How could I think of another after your kindness to me?"

13 Cao Cao raised Pang De from the ground and soothed him, saying, "I have always known what a noble man you are, and what I said just now was to satisfy the feelings of other people. Now you can strive to win fame. If you do not turn your back on me, I shall not on you."

14 Then Pang De took his leave and returned to his house, where he ordered the artificers to make him a coffin. Next he invited all his friends to a banquet, and the coffin was set out in the reception room for all to see.

15 And they asked one another, "What can that inauspicious thing mean putting out on the eve of a campaign?"

16 By and by, drinking to them, Pang De said, "The Prince of Wei has been generous to me, and I am pledged to show my gratitude to the death. I am about to go out against this Guan Yu, and I have to kill him or he must kill me. If he does not kill me, I must commit suicide, and so I have prepared what is necessary. I will not return leaving my task unachieved."

17 The terrible omen saddened the guests, and they fell to sighing. Then Pang De called in his wife, Lady Li, and bade her bring their son Pang Hui, whom he commended to her care.

18 "I have been appointed Leader of the Van of this new expedition against Guan Yu, and my duty bids me seek death or glory on the battlefield. If I die, our son is in your special care. Alas, the child has been born ill-starred, and when he grows up he will have to avenge a father."

19 Both mother and son wept as they bade him farewell. When the army marched, the coffin was carried in its train.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,