삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 074-04 칠군을 물속에 장사지내다

卻說關平見關公箭瘡已合,甚是喜悅。忽聽得于禁移七軍於樊城之北下寨,未知其謀,即報知關公。公遂上馬,引數騎上高阜處望之,見樊城城上旗號不整,軍士慌亂;城北十里山谷之內,屯著軍馬;又見襄江水勢甚急。看了半晌,喚鄉導官問曰:「樊城北十里山谷,是何地名?」對曰:「罾口川也。」關公大喜曰:「于禁必為我擒矣。」眾軍士問曰:「將軍何以知之?」關公曰:「『于』入『罾口,』豈能久乎?」諸將未信。公回本寨。

時值八月秋天,驟雨數日。公令人預備船筏,收拾水具。關平問曰:「陸地相持,何用水具?」公曰:「非汝所知也。于禁七軍不屯於廣易之地,而聚於罾口川險隘之處;方今秋雨連綿,襄江之水,必然泛漲;吾已差人堰住各處水口,待水發時,乘高就船放水,一渰,樊城;罾口川之兵,皆為魚鱉矣。」關平拜服。

卻說魏軍屯於罾口川,連日大雨不止。督將成何來見于禁曰:「大軍屯於川口,地勢甚低;雖有土山,離營稍遠,今秋雨連綿,軍士艱辛。近有人報說荊州兵移於高阜處,又於漢水口預備戰筏;倘江水泛漲,我軍危矣。宜早為計。」于禁叱曰:「匹夫惑吾軍心耶!再有多言者斬之!」

成何羞慚而退,卻來見龐德,說此事。德曰:「汝所見甚當。于將軍不肯移兵,吾明日自移軍屯於他處。」  計議方定,是夜風雨大作。龐德坐在帳中,只聽得萬馬爭奔,征鼙震地。德大驚,急出帳上馬看時,四面八方,大水驟至;七軍亂竄,隨波逐浪者,不計其數;平地水深丈餘。于禁,龐德,與諸將各登小山避水。比及平明,關公及眾將皆搖旗鼓譟,乘大船而來。于禁見四下無路,左右止有五六十人,料不能逃,口稱願降。關公令盡去衣甲,拘收入船,然後來擒龐德。

時龐德并二董及成何與步卒五百人皆無衣甲,立在堤上。見關公來,龐德全無懼怯,奮然前來接戰。關公將船四面圍定,軍士一齊放箭,射死魏兵大半。董衡,董超,見勢已危,乃告龐德曰:「軍士折傷大半,四下無路,不如投降。」龐德大怒曰:「吾受魏王厚恩,豈肯屈節於人!」遂親斬董衡,董超於前,厲聲曰:「再說降者,以此二人為例!」於是眾皆奮力禦敵。自平明戰至日中,勇力倍增。關公催四面急攻,矢石如雨。德令軍士用短兵接戰。德回顧成何曰:「吾聞『勇將不怯死以苟免,壯士不毀節以求生。』今日乃我死日也。汝可努力死戰。」

71 To Guan Ping's great joy, Guan Yu's wound soon healed. Soon after they heard of Yu Jin's new camp, and as Guan Ping could assign no reason for the change, and suspected some ruse, he told his father, who went up to a high place to reconnoiter.

72 Looking round, Guan Yu noted that there seemed much slackness about everything---from flags to soldiers---in Fancheng, that the relief armies were camped in a valley to the north, and that River Xiang seemed to run very swiftly. After impressing the topography on his mind, he called the guides and asked the name of the gully about three miles north of the city.

73 "Zengkou Stream," was the reply.

74 He chuckled.

75 "I shall capture Yu Jin," said he.

76 Those with him asked how he knew that.

77 He replied, "Why, how can any fish last long in such a trap?"

78 Those in his train gave but little weight to what he said, and presently he went back to his own tent. It was just then the time for the autumn rains, and a heavy downpour came on, lasting several days. Orders were given to get ready boats and rafts and such things. Guan Ping could not think what such preparations meant in a dry land campaign. So he asked his father.

79 "Do you not know even?" replied his father. "Our enemies have camped in difficult ground instead of the open country and are crowded in the dangerous valley there. After some days of this rain, River Xiang will swell, and I shall send people to dam up all the outlets and so let the water rise very high. When at its highest, I shall open the dams and let the water out over Fancheng. That valley will be flooded too, and all the soldiers will become aquatic animals."

80 The Wei armies had camped in the gully, and after several days of heavy rain, Army Inspector Cheng He ventured to speak to his commander.

81 He said, "The army is camped near the mouth of a stream in a depression. There are hills around us, but they are too far off to keep the water away. Our soldiers are already suffering from these heavy rains, and, moreover, they say the Jingzhou troops have moved to higher ground. More than that, at River Han they are preparing boats and rafts so that they can take advantage of the floods if there are any. Our army will be in great danger, and something should be done."

82 But Yu Jin scoffed at his words, saying, "You fool! Do you want to injure the spirit of our soldiers? Talk no more, or your head will be fallen."

83 Cheng He went away greatly ashamed.

84 Then Cheng He went to Pang De, who saw the force of his words and said, "What you said is excellent. If Yu Jin will not move camp tomorrow, I myself will do so."

85 So Cheng He left it at that.

86 That night there came a great storm. As Pang De sat in his tent, he heard the sound as of ten thousand horses in stampede and a roar as of the drums of war seeming to shake the earth. He was alarmed, left his tent, and mounted his charger to go and see what it meant. Then he saw the rolling waters coming in from every side and the seven armies flying from the flood, which speedily rose to the height of ten spans. Yu Jin, Pang De, and several other officers sought safety by rushing up the hills.

87 As day dawned, Guan Yu and his marines came along in large boats with flags flying and drums beating. Yu Jin saw no way of escape, and his following was reduced to about fifty or sixty soldiers. They all said they surrendered. Guan Yu made them strip and then took them on board.

88 After that he went to capture Pang De, who was standing on a hillock with Dong Heng, Dong Chao, Cheng He, and his five hundred troops, all without armors. Pang De saw his archenemy approach without a sign of fear, and even went boldly to meet him. Guan Yu surrounded the party with his boats, and the archers began to shoot. When more than half the troops had been struck down, the survivors became desperate.

89 Dong Heng and Dong Chao pressed their chief to give in, saying, "We have lost more than half of our men. Surrender is the only course!"

90 But Pang De only raged, saying, "I have received great kindness from the Prince. Think you that I will bow the head to any other?"

91 Pang De cut down Dong Heng and Dong Chao right in the battlefield and then shouted, "Anyone who says surrender shall be as these two!"

92 So the survivors made a desperate effort to beat off their enemies, and they held their own up to midday. Then Guan Yu's marines redoubled their efforts, and the arrows and stones rained down upon the defenders, who fought desperately hand to hand with their assailants.

93 "The valorous leader fears death less than desertion; the brave warrior does not break faith to save his life!" cried Pang De. "This is the day of my death, but I will fight on to the last. And you, General, should fight to your end, too."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,