삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 076-02 맥성으로 달아나는 관운장

忽流星馬到,報說正北第一屯被徐晃領兵攻打。平曰:「若第一屯有失,諸營豈得安寧?此間皆靠沔水,賊兵不敢到此。吾與汝同去救第一屯。」廖化喚部將分付曰:「汝等堅守營寨,如有賊到,即便舉火。」部將曰:「四冢寨鹿角十重,雖飛鳥亦不能入,何慮賊兵?」於是關平、廖化盡起四冢寨精兵,奔至第一屯駐紮。關平看見魏兵屯於淺山之上,謂廖化曰:「徐晃屯兵,不得地利,今夜可引兵劫寨。」化曰:「將軍可分兵一半前去,某當謹守本寨。」

是夜,關平引一枝兵殺入魏寨,不見一人。平知是計,火速退時,左邊徐商,右邊呂建,兩下夾攻。平大敗回營,魏兵乘勢追殺前來,四面圍住。關平、廖化支持不住,棄了第一屯,逕投四冢寨來。早望見寨中火起。急到寨前,只見皆是魏兵旗號。關平等退兵,忙奔樊城大路而走。前面一軍攔住,為首大將,乃徐晃也。平、化二人奮力死戰,奪路而走,回到大寨,來見關公曰:「今徐晃奪了偃城等處;又兼曹操自引大軍,分三路來救樊城;多有人言荊州已被呂蒙襲了。」關公喝曰:「此敵人訛言,以亂我軍心耳!東吳呂蒙病危,孺子陸遜代之,不足為慮!」

言未畢,忽報徐晃兵至,公令備馬。平諫曰:「父體未痊,不可與敵。」公曰:「徐晃與我有舊,深知其能;若彼不退,吾先斬之,以警魏將。」遂披挂提刀上馬,奮然而出。魏軍見之,無不驚懼。公勒馬問曰:「徐公明安在?」魏營門旗開處,徐晃出馬,欠身而言曰:「自別君侯,倏忽數載。不想君侯鬚髮已蒼白矣。憶昔壯年相從,多蒙教誨,感謝不忘。今君侯英風震於華夏,使故人聞之,不勝歎羨!茲幸得一見,深慰渴懷。」公曰:「吾與公明交契深厚,非比他人;今何故數窮吾兒耶?」晃回顧眾將,厲聲大叫曰:「若取得雲長首級者,重賞千金!」公驚曰:「公明何出此言?」晃曰:「今日乃國家之事,某不敢以私廢公。」

言訖,揮大斧直取關公。公大怒,亦揮刀迎之,戰八十餘合。公雖武藝絕倫,終是右臂少力。關平恐公有失,火急鳴金。公撥馬回寨,忽聞四下裏喊聲大震。原來是樊城曹仁聞曹操救兵至,引軍殺出城來,與徐晃會合,兩下夾攻。荊州兵大亂。關公上馬,引眾將急奔襄江上流頭。背後魏兵追至。關公急渡過襄江,望襄陽而奔。忽流星馬到,報說:「荊州已被呂蒙所奪,家眷被陷。」關公大驚,不敢奔襄陽,提兵投公安來。探馬又報:「公安傅士仁已降東吳了。」關公大怒。忽催糧人到,報說:「公安傅士仁往南郡,殺了使命,招糜芳都降東吳去了。」

關公聞言,怒氣沖塞,瘡口迸裂,昏絕於地。眾將救醒。公顧謂司馬王甫曰:「悔不聽足下之言,今日果有此事!」因問:「沿江上下,何不舉火?」探馬答曰:「呂蒙使水手盡穿白衣,扮作客商渡江,將精兵伏於之中,先擒了守臺士卒,因此不得舉火。」公跌足歎曰:「吾中奸賊之謀矣!有何面目見兄長耶!」管糧都督趙累曰:「今事急矣,可一面差人往成都求救,一面從旱路去取荊州。」關公依言,差馬良、伊籍齎文三道,星夜赴成都求救;一面引兵來取荊州;自領前隊先行,留廖化、關平斷後。

27 Just then a man came running in to say that Xu Huang was attacking the first stockade on the north.

28 "If that goes," said Guan Ping, "the remainder will follow. But as we have River Mian at our back, they will not dare attack this. Let us go to the rescue."

29 So Liao Hua summoned his subordinate leaders and gave them orders to hold the camp and make a signal if the enemy came.

30 "There is no danger here," said they. "The camp is defended by a tenfold line of thorny barriers. Even a bird could not get in."

31 Guan Ping and Liao Hua mustered all the veterans they had and went away to the first stockade.

32 Seeing the Wei soldiers camped on a low hill, Guan Ping said to his colleague, "Those soldiers are stationed in an unsafe place. Let us raid their camp tonight."

33 "You take half the force, General, and I will remain to keep the camp," said Liao Hua.

34 When night fell, the attacking force went out. But on reaching the camp not a man opposed them. The camp was empty. Then Guan Ping knew he had been deceived, and turned to retreat. He was at once attacked on two sides by Xu Shang and Lu Qian from left and right. Unable to stand, his troops ran for the camp. The soldiers of Wei followed, and presently the camp was surrounded. They were compelled to abandon the position and set off for Sizhong. As they drew near they saw torches, and presently knew by the ensigns displayed that the camp had also fallen to the enemy. Retiring, they hastened along the high road toward Fancheng, but presently their way was barred by a force under Xu Huang himself. By dint of hard fighting they got away and returned to their main camp, and Guan Ping went to his father.

35 Said he, "Xu Huang has got possession of Yencheng. Cao Cao's main army is on the way in three divisions. And many say that Jingzhou is in the enemy's hands."

36 Guan Yu bade him be silent.

37 "This is a fabrication of the enemy," said Guan Yu, "but it may dishearten the soldiers. We know Lu Meng is ill, and they have appointed that impractical fellow Lu Xun to succeed him at Lukou. There is nothing to fear."

38 Then news came that Xu Huang had arrived . At once Guan Yu bade them saddle his charger.

39 "Father, you are not strong enough to go into the battle," said Guan Ping.

40 "Xu Huang and I were once friends, and I know what he can do and not do. I will give him the chance to retire. If he does not take it, then I shall just slay him as a warning to the others."

41 Mounting his charger, Guan Yu rode out as impetuously as of yore, and the sight of the old warrior made to quake the hearts of the troops of Wei.

42 When he came close enough to his enemy, Guan Yu checked his steed and said, "Where is my friend Xu Huang?"

43 As a reply, the gate of the battle opened, and Xu Huang appeared under the standard.

44 With a low bow Xu Huang said, "Some years have passed since I met you, Most Excellent Marquis, but I had not expected to see you so gray. I have not forgotten the old brave days, when we were together and you taught me so much, and I am very grateful. Your new fame has spread throughout the whole empire, and your old friends cannot but praise you. I am indeed glad that I have the happiness to see you."

45 Guan Yu replied, "We have been excellent friends, Xu Huang---better than most. But why have you pressed my son so hardly of late?"

46 Xu Huang suddenly turned to the officers about him and cried fiercely, "I would give a thousand ounces of gold for this Guan Yu's head."

47 Guan Yu, greatly shocked, said, "What did you say that for?"

48 "Because today I am on state business, and I have no inclination to let private friendship override my public duty."

49 As he said this, he whirled his battle-ax and rode at Guan Yu, who, greatly enraged, threw up his great saber to strike. They fought a half score bouts, but although his skill lacked nothing of its pristine vigor and excelled all the world, the veteran warrior's right arm was still weak from the wound. Guan Ping saw that his father failed somewhat, and so hastily beat the gong for retreat. Guan Yu rode back.

50 Suddenly the noise of a great shouting was heard. It came from the troops in Fancheng, for Cao Ren, having heard of the arrival of troops of his own side, had made a sortie and was about to attack to help Xu Huang. His army fell on, and the army of Jingzhou were routed. Guan Yu, with as many of his officers as could, fled away along the banks of River Xiang, hotly pursued by the army of Wei. Crossing the river, he made for Xiangyang.

51 Suddenly the scouts reported: "Jingzhou has been taken by Lu Meng. Your family is now in the hand of enemy."

52 Guan Yu was shocked. Thence he marched for Gongan.

53 But the scouts told him: "Fu Shiren has yielded Gongan to the hands of Wu."

54 Then some of the men he had dispatched for supplies came in and reported: "Fu Shiren murdered the officer and persuade Mi Fang to surrender to Wu."

55 The story filled Guan Yu with boundless rage. It was too much. The wound reopened, and he fell in a swoon.

56 "Wang Fu, you were right," said he when he recovered consciousness. "How I regret that I did not heed what you said!"

57 "But why were the beacon fires not lighted?" continued he presently.

58 Said the scouts, "Lu Meng's marines in the guise of traders came over the river. There were soldiers hidden in the ships, and they seized the beacon guards, so preventing them from kindling the fires."

59 Guan Yu sighed. Beating the ground with his foot, he said, "Indeed I have fallen into their trap. How shall I look my brother in the face?"

60 Then outspoke Commissariat Commander Zhao Lei, saying, "We are in straits. Send to Chengdu for help, and let us take the land road to Jingzhou to try to recover it."

61 So Guan Yu sent Ma Liang and Yi Ji to Shu to ask for help. The messengers rode out swiftly by different routes, while the army set out to return to Jingzhou, Guan Yu leading and Liao Hua with Guan Ping keeping the rear.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,