삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 078-01 간웅 조조의 죽음

魏蜀稱帝(共三回)

第七十八回 治風疾神醫身死  傳遺命奸雄數終

Treating A Headache, A Famous Physician Dies;
Giving The Last Words, The Crafty Hero Departs.

卻說漢中王聞關公父子遇害,哭倒於地;眾文武急救,半晌方醒,扶入內殿。孔明勸曰:「王上少憂:自古道:『死生有命。』關公平日剛而自矜,故今日有此禍。王上且宜保養尊體,徐圖報讎。」玄德曰:「孤與關、張二弟桃園結義時,誓同生死。今雲長已亡,孤豈能獨享富貴乎!」言未已,只見關興號慟而來。玄德見了,大叫一聲,又哭絕於地。眾官救醒。一日哭絕三五次,三日水漿不進,只是痛哭;淚濕衣襟,斑斑成血。孔明與眾官再三勸解。玄德曰:「孤與東吳,誓不同日月也!」孔明曰:「聞東吳將關公首級獻與曹操,操以王侯禮祭葬之。」玄德曰:「此何意也?」孔明曰:「此是東吳欲移禍於曹操,操知其謀,故以厚禮葬關公,令王上歸怨於吳也。」玄德曰:「吾今即提兵問罪於吳,以雪吾恨!」孔明諫曰:「不可:方今吳欲令我伐魏,魏亦欲令我伐吳:各懷譎計,伺隙而乘。主上只宜按兵不動,且與關公發喪。待吳、魏不和,乘時而伐之,可也。」眾官又再三勸諫,玄德方纔進膳,傳旨川中大小將士,盡皆掛孝。漢中王親出南門招魂祭葬,號哭終日。

卻說曹操在洛陽,自葬關公後,每夜合眼便見關公。操甚驚懼,問於眾官。眾官曰:「洛陽行宮舊殿多妖,可造新殿居之。」操曰:「吾欲起一殿,名建始殿。恨無良工。」賈詡曰:「洛陽良工有蘇越者,最有巧思。」操召入,令畫圖像。蘇越畫成九間大殿,前後廊廡樓閣,呈與操。操視之曰:「汝畫甚合孤意,但恐無棟梁之材。」蘇越曰:「此去離城三十里,有一潭,名躍龍潭。前有一祠,名躍龍祠。祠傍有一株大梨樹,高十餘丈,堪作建始殿之梁。」

操大喜,即令人工到彼砍伐。次日,回報此樹鋸解不開,斧砍不入,不能斬伐。操不信,親領數百騎,直至躍龍祠前下馬,仰觀那樹,亭亭如華蓋,直侵雲漢,並無曲節。操命砍之,鄉老數人前來諫曰:「此樹已數百年矣,常有神人居其上,恐未可伐。」操大怒曰:「吾平生遊歷普天之下,四十餘年,上至天子,下至庶人,無不懼孤;是何妖神,敢違孤意!」言訖,拔所佩劍親自砍之:錚然有聲,血濺滿身。操愕然大驚,擲劍上馬,回至宮內。是夜二更,操睡臥不安,坐於殿中,隱几而寐。忽見一人披髮仗劍,身穿皂衣,直至面前,指操喝曰:「吾乃梨樹之神也。汝蓋建始殿,意欲篡逆,卻來伐吾神木!吾知汝數盡,特來殺汝!」操大驚,急呼:「武士安在?」皂衣人仗劍欲砍操。操大叫一聲,忽然驚覺,頭腦疼痛不可忍;急傳旨遍求良醫;治療不能痊可。眾官皆憂。

1 As has been said, the Prince of Hanzhong swooned on hearing the terrible news of the death of the two Guans, father and son. His officers went to his help, and when he had recovered sufficiently, they led him to his private apartments.

2 "My lord, control your grief," said Zhuge Liang. "Life and death are fixed by fate. Guan Yu brought the evil upon himself by his harshness and haughtiness. You must now take care of your health and mature your vengeance."

3 "When we swore brotherhood in the Peach Garden, we pledged ourselves to live or die together. What enjoyment of riches and honors is there for me now that my brother is gone?"

4 Just then he saw Guan Yu's son, Guan Xing, coming in weeping in deep distress. At sight of the youth, Liu Bei uttered a great cry and again sank to the earth. By and by he came to, and spent the whole day weeping and swooning at intervals. For three days he refused all nourishment, and he wept so bitterly that his garments were wetted, and there were spots of blood. Zhuge Liang and the others tried every means to soothe him, but he was inconsolable.

5 "I swear I will not live under the same heaven as Sun Quan," cried he.

6 "It is said that the head of your brother has been sent to Cao Cao, but Cao Cao has buried the remains with the rites of a princely noble," said Zhuge Liang.

7 "Why did he do that?" asked Liu Bei.

8 "Because Sun Quan thought thereby to bring evil upon Cao Cao. But Cao Cao saw through the subterfuge and has buried your brother with great honor so that your anger may burn against Wu."

9 "I want to send my armies to punish Wu and appease my wrath," said Liu Bei.

10 "No, you may not do that. Wu wishes to move you to smite Wei, and Wei wishes you to attack Wu, each harboring the malevolent design of taking advantage of the quarrel. You would do well, my lord, to keep your armies at home. Put on mourning for Guan Yu, and wait till Wei and Wu are at war. That will be your time."

11 The other officers supported Zhuge Liang, and Liu Bei listened. Presently his grief spent itself, and he began to take food again. An edict was promulgated enjoining mourning dress upon all officials. The Prince went outside the south gate to summon the spirit home, and sacrificed and wailed a whole day for the dead warrior, his brother.

12 In Luoyang, although Cao Cao had given honorable burial to the remains of Guan Yu, yet he was continually haunted by the dead man's spirit. Every night when he closed his eyes, he saw Guan Yu as he knew the warrior so well in the flesh. These visions made him nervous, and he sought the advice of his officers. Some suggested the building of new rooms for his own use.

13 "There is much witchcraft and malign influence in this old Palace at Luoyang. Build a new Palace for your own occupation," said they.

14 "I would, and it should be called 'The New Foundation'," said he. "But where is the good architect?"

15 Jia Xu said, "There is one Su Yue, a very cunning artificer in Luoyang."

16 Su Yue was called and set to work on the plans for a nine-hall pavilion for Cao Cao's own use. It had verandahs and upper rooms as well. His plans pleased Cao Cao greatly.

17 "You have planned just such a place as I wished, only where will you find the main beam for such a building?"

18 "I know a certain tree that will serve," said the architect. "About ten miles from the city there is the Pool of the Leaping Dragon. Near it is a shrine, and beside that grows a fine pear tree. It is over a hundred spans high, and that will serve for the roof tree."

19 Cao Cao at once sent people to fell the tree. But after one whole day of labor they came back to say they could make no impression on it neither with saw nor ax. Cao Cao, doubting their word, went to see. When he had dismounted and stood by the tree, he could not but admire its size and proportions, as it rose above him tall, straight and branched till the wide-spreading and symmetrical top reached into the clouds. But he bade the men attack it again.

20 Then a few aged people of the village came and said, "The tree has stood here some centuries and is the haunt of a spirit. We think it should not be cut down."

21 Cao Cao grew annoyed, saying, "I have gone to and fro in the world now some thirty years, and there is no one, from the Emperor to the commoner, who does not fear me. What spirit is there who dares oppose my wish?"

22 Drawing the sword he was wearing, Cao Cao went up to the tree and slashed at the trunk. The tree groaned as he struck, and blood stains spattered his dress. Terror-stricken, he threw down the sword, mounted his horse and galloped off.

23 But that evening when he retired to rest, he could not sleep. He rose, went into the outer room, and sat there leaning on a low table. Suddenly a man appeared with his hair unbound, dressed in black and carrying a naked sword.

24 The visitor came straight toward Cao Cao, stopped in front of him and, pointing, cried out, "Behold the Spirit of the Pear Tree! You may desire to build your nine-hall pavilion, and you may contemplate rebellion. But when you began to attack my sacred tree, the number of your days was accomplished. I am come now to slay you."

25 "Where are the guards?" shouted Cao Cao in terror.

26 The figure struck at him with the sword. Cao Cao cried out and then awoke. His head was aching unbearably.

27 They sought the best physicians for him, but they failed to relieve the terrible pain. Sympathy for their lord was universal among Cao Cao's subordinates.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,