삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 079-02 위왕에 오른 조비

卻說曹丕之母卞氏,聽得曹熊縊死,心甚悲傷;忽又聞曹植被擒,其黨丁儀等已殺,大驚。急出殿,召曹丕相見。丕見母出殿,慌來拜謁。卞氏哭謂丕曰:「汝弟植平生嗜酒疎狂,蓋因自恃胸中之才,故爾放縱。汝可念同胞之情,存其性命。吾至九泉亦瞑目也。」丕曰:「兒亦深愛其才,安肯害他?今正欲戒其性耳。母親勿憂。」

卞氏灑淚而入。丕出偏殿,召曹植入見。華歆問曰:「適來莫非太后勸殿下勿殺子建乎?」丕曰:「然。」歆曰:「子建懷才抱智,終非池中物;若不早除,必為後患。」丕曰:「母命不可違。」歆曰:「人皆言子建出口成章,臣未深信。主上可召入,以才試之。若不能,即殺之;若果能,則貶之,以絕天下文人之口。」丕從之。須臾,曹植入見,惶恐伏拜請罪。丕曰:「吾與汝情雖兄弟,義屬君臣;汝安敢恃才蔑禮?昔先君在日,汝常以文章誇示於人,吾深疑汝必用他人代筆。吾今限汝行七步吟詩一首。若果能,則免一死;若不能,則從重治罪,決不姑恕。」植曰:「願乞題目。」時殿上懸一水墨畫,畫著兩隻牛,鬥於土牆之下,一牛墜井而亡。丕指畫曰:「即以此畫為題。詩中不許犯著『二牛鬥牆下,一牛墜井死』字樣。」植行七步,其詩已成。詩曰:

兩肉齊道行,頭上帶凹骨。
相遇凷山下,欻起相搪突。
二敵不俱剛,一肉臥土窟。
非是力不如,盛氣不泄畢。

曹丕及群臣皆驚。丕又曰:「七步成章,吾猶以為遲。汝能應聲而作詩一首否?」植曰:「願即命題。」丕曰:「吾與汝乃兄弟也。以此為題。亦不許犯著『兄弟』字樣。」植略不思索,即口占一首曰:

煮豆燃豆萁,
豆在釜中泣。
本是同根生,
相煎何太急!

曹丕聞之,潸然淚下。其母卞氏,從殿後出曰:「兄何逼弟之甚耶?」丕慌忙離坐告曰:「國法不可廢耳。」於是貶曹植為安鄉侯。植拜辭上馬而去。

曹丕自繼位之後,法令一新,威逼漢帝,甚於其父。早有細作報入成都。漢中王聞之,大驚,即與文武商議曰:「曹操已死,曹丕繼位,威逼天子,更甚於操。東吳孫權,拱手稱臣。孤欲先伐東吳,以報雲長之讎;次討中原,以除亂賊。」言未畢,廖化出班,哭拜於地曰:「關公父子遇害,實劉封、孟達之罪。乞誅此二賊。」玄德便欲遣人擒之。孔明諫曰:「不可。且宜緩圖之。急則生變矣。可陞此二人為郡守,分調開去。然後可擒。」

21 Cao Pi's mother, Lady Bian, was alarmed at the severity of the new rule, and the suicide of her youngest son wounded her deeply. When she heard that Cao Zhi had been arrested and his comrades put to death, she left her palace and went to see her eldest son. As soon as he saw her, the Prince hastened to meet her. She began to weep.

22 "Your brother has always had that weakness for wine, but we let him go his way out of consideration for his undoubted ability. I hope you will not forget he is your brother and that I bore you both. Spare his life that I may close my eyes in peace when I set out for the deep springs."

23 "I also admire his ability, Mother, and have no intention to hurt him. But I would reform him. Have no anxiety as to his fate," said Cao Pi.

24 So the mother was comforted and withdrew. The Prince then went to a private room and bade them call his brother.

25 Said Hua Xin, "Surely the Princess-Mother has just been interceding for your brother. Is it not so?"

26 "It is so," replied the Prince.

27 "Then let me say that Cao Zhi is too clever to be content to remain in a humble station. If you do not remove him, he will do you harm."

28 "I must obey my mother's command."

29 "People say your brother simply talks in literature. I do not believe it myself, but he might be put to the test. If he bears a false reputation, you can slay him; if what they say is true, then degrade him, lest the scholars of the land should babble."
30 Soon Cao Zhi came, and in a state of great trepidation bowed low before his elder brother, confessing his fault.

31 The Prince addressed him, saying, "Though we are brothers, yet the proper relation between us of prince and minister must not be overlooked. Why then did you behave indecorously? While the late Prince lived, you made a boast of your literary powers, but I am disposed to think you may have made use of another's pen. Now I require you to compose a poem within the time taken to walk seven paces, and I will spare your life if you succeed. If you fail, then I shall punish you with rigor."

32 "Will you suggest a theme?" asked Cao Zhi.

33 Now there was hanging in the hall a black and white sketch of two bulls that had been fighting at the foot of a wall, and one of them had just fallen dead into a well. Cao Pi pointed to the sketch and said, "Take that as the subject. But you are forbidden to use the words 'two bulls, one bull, fighting, wall's foot, falling, well, and dead'."

34 Cao Zhi took seven paces and then recited this poem:

35 “Two butcher's victims lowing walked along, 
Each head bore curving bones, a sturdy pair, 
They met just by a hillock, both were strong, 
Each would avoid a pit newly dug there. 
They fought unequal battle, for at length 
One lay below a gory mass, inert. 
It was not that they were of unequal strength 
Though wrathful both, one did not strength exert.”

36 This exhibition of skill amazed the Prince and the whole court. Cao Pi thought he would use another test, so he bade his brother improvise on the theme of their fraternal relationship, the words "brotherhood" or "brother" being barred. Without seeming to reflect, Cao Zhi rattled off this rhyme:

37 “They were boiling beans on a beanstalk fire; 
Came a plaintive voice from the pot, 
'O why, since we sprang from the selfsame root, 
Should you kill me with anger hot?'”

38 The allusion in these verses to the cruel treatment of one member of a family by another was not lost upon Cao Pi, and he dropped a few silent tears.

39 The mother of both men came out at this moment from her abiding place and said, "Should the elder brother thus oppress the younger?"

40 The Prince jumped from his seat, saying, "My mother, the laws of the state cannot be nullified."

41 Cao Zhi was degraded to the rank of Lord of Anxiang. He accepted the decision without a murmur and at once left his brother's court by horse.

42 Cao Pi's accession was the signal for a set of new laws and new commands. His behavior toward Emperor Xian was more intemperate than his father's had ever been.

43 The stories of his harshness reached Chengdu and almost frightened Liu Bei, who summoned his counselors to discuss what he should do.

44 Said he, "Since the death of Cao Cao and the accession of his son, the position of the Emperor has changed for the worse. Sun Quan acknowledges the lordship of Wei, and its influence is becoming too great. I am disposed to destroy Sun Quan in revenge for the death of my brother. That done. I will proceed to the Capital District and purge the whole land of rebellion. What think you?"

45 Then Liao Hua stood out from the ranks of officers and threw himself upon the earth, saying with tears, "Liu Feng and Meng Da were the true cause of the death of your brother and his adopted son. Both these renegades deserve death."

46 Liu Bei was of the same opinion and was going to send and arrest them forthwith, but here Zhuge Liang intervened and gave wiser advice.

47 "That is not the way. Go slowly or you may stir up strife. Promote these two and separate them. After that you may arrest."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,