삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 083-04 유비가 원수를 갚다

卻說先主欲發兵前進。忽近臣奏曰:「東吳遣使送張車騎之首,并囚范疆、張達二賊至。」先主兩手加額曰:「此天之所賜,亦由三弟之靈也!」即令張苞設飛靈位。先主見張飛首級在匣中面不改色,放聲大哭。張苞自仗利刀,將范疆、張達萬剮凌遲,祭父之靈。

祭畢,先主怒氣不息,定要滅吳。馬良奏曰:「讎人盡戮,其恨可雪矣。吳大夫程秉到,此欲還荊州,送回夫人,永結盟好,共圖滅魏,伏侯聖旨。」先主怒曰:「朕切齒讎人,乃孫權也。今若與之連和,是負二弟當日之盟矣。今先滅吳,次滅魏。」便欲斬來使,以絕吳情。多官苦告方免。程秉抱頭鼠竄,回奏吳主曰:「蜀不從講和,誓欲先滅東吳,然後伐魏。眾臣苦諫不聽,如之奈何?」

權大驚,舉止失措,闞澤出班奏曰:「見有擎天之柱,如何不用耶?」權急問何人。澤曰:「昔日東吳大事,全任周郎;後魯子敬代之;子敬亡後,決於呂子明;今子明雖喪.見有陸伯言在荊州。此人名雖儒生,實有雄才大略,以臣論之;不在周郎之下;前破關公,其謀皆出於伯言。主上若能用之,破蜀必矣。如或有失,臣願與同罪。」權曰:「非德潤之言,孤誤大事。」張昭曰:「陸遜乃一書生耳,非劉備敵手;恐不可用。」顧雍亦曰:「陸遜年幼望輕,恐諸公不服;若不服則生禍亂,必誤大事。」步騭亦曰:「遜才堪治郡耳;若託以大事,非其宜也。」闞澤大呼曰:「若不用陸伯言,則東吳休矣!臣願以全家保之!」權曰:「孤亦素知陸伯言乃奇才也:孤意已決,卿等勿言。」

於是命召陸遜。遜本名陸議,後改名遜,字伯言,乃吳郡吳人也:漢城門校尉陸紆之孫,九江都尉陸駿之子。身長八尺,面如美玉。官領鎮西將軍。當下奉召而至。參拜畢,權曰:「今蜀兵臨境,孤特命卿總督軍馬以破劉備。」遜曰:「江東文武,皆大王故舊之臣;臣年無才,安能制之?」權曰:「闞德潤以全家保卿,孤亦素知卿才。今拜卿為大都督,卿勿推辭。」遜曰:「倘文武不服,何如?」

權取所佩劍與之曰:「如有不聽號令者,先斬後奏。」遜曰:「荷蒙重託,敢不拜命?但乞大王於來日會聚眾官然後賜臣。」闞澤曰:「古之命將,必築壇會眾賜白旄黃鉞、卬綬兵符,然後威行令肅。今大王宜遵此禮,擇日築壇,拜伯言為大都督,假節鉞,則眾人自無不服矣。」

權從之,命人連夜築壇完備,大會百官,請陸遜登壇拜為大都督、右護軍鎮西將軍,進封婁侯,賜以寶劍卬綬,令掌六郡八十一州兼荊、楚諸路軍馬。吳王囑之曰:「閫以內,孤主之;閫以外,將軍制之。」

遜領命下壇,令徐盛、丁奉為護衛,即日出師;一面調諸路軍馬,水陸並進。文書到猇亭,韓當、周泰大驚:「主上如何以一書生總兵耶?」比及遜至,眾皆不服。遜升帳議事,眾人勉強參賀。遜曰:「主上命吾為大將,督軍破蜀。軍有常法,公等各宜遵守。違者王法無親,勿致後悔。」

眾皆默然。周泰曰:「目今安東將軍孫桓,乃主上之姪,見困於彝城中,內無糧草,外無救兵;請都督早施良策,救出孫桓,以安主上之心。」遜曰:「吾素知孫安東深得軍心,必能堅守,不必救之。待吾破蜀後,彼自出矣。」眾皆暗笑而退。韓當謂周泰曰:「命此孺子為將,東吳休矣!公見彼所行乎?」泰曰:「吾聊以言試之,並無一計,安能破蜀也?」次日,陸遜傳下號令,教諸將各處關防,牢守隘口,不許輕敵。眾皆笑其懦,不肯堅守。

68 The First Ruler was about to march farther east when they told him that a messenger had come from the South Land and what he had brought.

69 The Ruler struck his forehead with both hands, saying, "This is the direct gift of Heaven through my youngest brother's spirit."

70 He bade Zhang Bao prepare an altar whereon to sacrifice the heads of his father's assassins. When he opened the box and saw the fresh features of Zhang Fei, he broke into wailing for the dead. Then the son hewed Fan Jiang and Zhang Da in pieces and offered them upon the altar.

71 But this sacrifice did not appease the First Ruler's anger, and he still desired to destroy Wu. Whereupon Ma Liang remonstrated.

72 "Your enemies are now all dead: You are avenged. Wu has sent a high officer with large concessions and awaits your reply."

73 But the First Ruler angrily replied, "The one I would grind to pieces is Sun Quan. To act as he proposes and enter into alliance would be treachery to my two brothers and a breach of our oath. Now I will exterminate Wu, and Wei shall follow."

74 He wished also to put the messenger to death to annihilate all emotions with Wu, but relented when his officers insistently interceded.

75 Poor Cheng Bing ran off terrified, glad to escape with life. He went back and told the Prince of Wu how implacable his enemy seemed.

76 Said he, "The Ruler of Shu, not listening to words of peace, was determined to level Wu before attacking Wei. Those under him protested in vain. What is to be done?"

77 Sun Quan was frightened and bewildered.

78 Seeing this, Kan Ze stepped forward and said, "Since there is a sky-supporting pillar, why not use it?"

79 "Whom do you refer to?" asked Sun Quan.

80 "You once had perfect confidence in Zhou Yu, and he was followed by Lu Su, equally able. Lu Meng succeeded and you pinned your faith upon him. Though now Lu Meng is dead, yet there is Lu Xun. And he is quite near, in Jingzhou. He is well-known to be a scholar, but really he is a bold and capable man, no whit inferior to Zhou Yu, in my opinion. The plan that broke Guan Yu was his. If anyone can destroy Shu, it is he. If he fails, then I will stand the same punishment as may be his."

81 "If you had not spoken thus, my whole scheme might have gone amiss," said Sun Quan.

82 "Lu Xun is a student," said Zhang Zhao. "He is no match for Liu Bei. You may not use him."

83 Gu Yong also said, "Lu Xun is too young and too inexperienced. I fear he will not be obeyed, and that will be mischievous."

84 Bu Zhi added, "Lu Xun is well enough to control a region, but he is not fit for a big matter."

85 Kan Ze got desperate, shouting, "It is the only hope. I will guarantee him with the lives of all my house!"

86 "I know he is able," said Sun Quan, "and I have now made up my mind he is the man. Gentlemen, that is enough."

87 Lu Xun was called home. Lu Xun was originally named Lu Yi. He was a native of Wujun in Wu, grandson of Lu Jun, who was Commander of the City Gates of the Han, and son of Lu Yu, Commander of Jiujiang. He was eight spans in height, with a beautiful face, like the finest jade.

88 When Lu Xun arrived at court and made his bow, Sun Quan said to him, "I wish to send you in supreme command of all the forces against Shu."

89 "Sir, you have numerous old and tried officers under your command. I am very young and not at all clever," replied Lu Xun.

90 "Kan Ze goes bail for you and pledges his whole house. Moreover, I know your abilities. You must be Commander-in-Chief and may not refuse the appointment."

91 "But what will happen if the officers do not support me?"

92 "Here is authority!" said Sun Quan, taking his own sword from his side and giving it to Lu Xun. "Slay the disobedient and report afterwards."

93 "I am grateful for this proof of confidence, but I dare not accept forthwith. I pray you assemble all the officers and confer the office upon me in their presence."

94 Said Kan Ze, "The ancient fashion was to set up a platform and thereon present to the leader-elect a white yak's tail and a golden ax with the seal of office and commission. Thereafter his dignity and the reverence due from others were beyond all question. It would be well, O Prince, to follow the old rule. Choose a good day and appoint Lu Xun before all the world, and no one will refuse support."

95 An altar was begun at once. They worked at it day and night, and as soon as it was finished a great assembly was called. Then Lu Xun was requested to ascend and make his bow on receiving his appointment as Commander-in-Chief, General of the Right Army, General Who Guards the West, and Lord of Fenglou. The sword of authority and the seal of office were presented. His powers extended over the six territories and the eighty-one counties of the South Land, over the forces in Jingzhou and Wu.

96 And in charging him Sun Quan said, "Domestic affairs belong to me; outer affairs are under your direction."

97 Lu Xun then descended. He chose Xu Sheng and Ding Feng as commanders of his guards, and the army lost no time in taking the field. The various dispositions of horse and foot and navy were made, and dispatches were sent to the outlying commanders.

98 When the dispatch reached Han Dang and Zhou Tai, who were camping near Xiaoting, they were alarmed, saying, "Why did the Prince appoint a mere bookish student to the commandership of all armed forces?"

99 So when the new Commander-in-Chief came, they showed their discontent by a lack of hearty support. Lu Xun went to his tent to receive the reports, and there the majority of the officers manifested only sullen respect and unwilling deference.

100 Then Lu Xun addressed them, saying, "By order of my superior I am Commander-in-Chief, and my commission is to destroy Shu. You, gentlemen, all know the ordinary military rules, and you would do well to obey them. The law is no respecter of persons, as those who disobey will find out. Do not have to regret when it is too late."

101 They nodded in sullen acquiescence.

102 Then Zhou Tai said, "There is Sun Huan, nephew of our Prince. He is surrounded at Yiling and is short of food. I venture to request you to send relief to him and get him out, so that the Prince's heart may be comforted."

103 "I know all about him. His soldiers are faithful, and he can easily maintain his position. There is no need to go to his aid. When Shu is broken, he will be free to come out."

104 They all sniggered as they left the tent, and Han Dang did not fail to express his contempt for the newly appointed Commander-in-Chief.

105 "This will be the end of Wu," said he to his colleague. "Did you note what he said?"

106 "I tried him just to see what he would do," said Zhou Tai. "You see he had no plan ready. He destroys Shu indeed!"

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,