삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 035-05 수경선생

卻說曹操自冀州回許都,常有取荊州之意,特差曹仁、李典並降將呂曠、呂翔等領兵三萬,屯樊城,虎視荊、襄,就探看虛實。時呂曠、呂翔稟曹仁曰:「今劉備屯兵新野,招軍買馬,積草儲糧,其志不小,不可不早圖之。吾二人自降丞相之後,未有寸功;願請精兵五千,取劉備之頭,以獻丞相。」

曹仁大喜,與二呂兵五千,前往新野廝殺。探馬飛報玄德。玄德請單福商議。福曰:「既有敵兵,不可令其入境。可使關公引一軍從左而出,以敵來軍中路;張飛引一軍從右而出,以敵來軍後路;公自引趙雲出兵前路相迎,敵可破矣。」

玄德從其言,即差關、張二人去訖;然後與單福、趙雲等,共引二千人馬出關相迎。行不數里,只見山後塵頭大起,呂曠、呂翔引軍來到。兩邊各射住陣角。玄德出馬於旗門下,大呼曰:「來者何人?敢犯吾境!」呂曠出馬曰:「吾乃大將呂曠也。奉丞相命,特來擒汝!」玄德大怒,使趙雲出馬。二將交戰,不數合,趙雲一槍刺呂曠於馬下。玄德麾軍掩殺,呂翔抵敵不住,引軍便走。

正行間,路傍一軍突出,為首大將,乃關雲長也。衝殺一陣。呂翔折兵大半,奪路走脫。行不到十里,又一軍攔住去路。為首大將,挺矛大叫:「張翼德在此!」直取呂翔,翔措手不及,被張飛一矛刺中,翻身落馬而死。餘眾四散奔走。玄德合軍追趕,大半多被擒獲。玄德班師回縣,重待單福,犒賞三軍。

卻說敗軍回見曹仁,報說二呂被殺,軍士多被活捉。曹仁大驚,與李典商議。典曰:「二將欺敵而亡,今只宜按兵不動,申報丞相,起大兵來征剿,乃為上策。」仁曰:「不然。今二將陣亡,又折許多兵馬,此仇不可不急報。量新野彈丸之地,何勞丞相大軍?」典曰:「劉備人傑也,不可輕視。」仁曰:「公何怯也?」典曰:「兵法云:『知彼知己,百戰百勝.』某非怯戰,但恐不能必勝耳。」仁怒曰:「公懷二心耶?吾必欲生擒劉備!」典曰:「將軍若去,某守樊城。」仁曰:「汝若不同去,真懷二心矣。」典不得已,只得與曹仁點起二萬五千軍馬,渡河投新野而來。正是:

偏裨既有輿尸辱,主將重興雪恥兵。

未知勝負何如,且看下文分解。

108 The one idea that held Cao Cao 조조 after his return from Jizhou 기주 was the capture of Jingzhou 형주. He sent Cao Ren 조인 and Li Dian 이전, with the two brothers Lu Xiang 여상 and Lu Kuang 여광 who had surrendered, to camp at Fancheng 번성 with thirty thousand troops and so threaten Jingzhou 형주 and Xiangyang 양양. Thence he sent spies to find out the weak points.

109 Then the two Lu Xiang and Lu Kuang petitioned Cao Ren, saying, "Liu Bei is strengthening his position at Xinye and laying in large supplies. Some great scheme is afoot, and he should be checked. Since our surrender we have performed no noteworthy service and, if you will give us five thousand soldiers, we promise to bring you the head of Liu Bei."

110 Cao Ren was only too glad, and the expedition set out. The scouts reported this to Liu Bei who turned to Shan Fu 단복 for advice.

111 Shan Fu said, "They must not be permitted to cross the boundary. Send Guan Yu and Zhang Fei left and right, each with one thousand troops, one to attack the enemy on the march, the other to cut off the retreat. You and Zhao Zilong will make a front attack."

112 Guan Yu and Zhang Fei started, and then Liu Bei went out at the gate with two thousand troops to oppose the enemy. Before they had gone far they saw a great cloud of dust behind the hills. This marked the approach of the Lu brothers. Presently, both sides being arrayed, Liu Bei rode out and stood by his standard.

113 He called out, "Who are you who thus would encroach on my territory?"

114 "I am the great General Lu Kuang, and I have the order of the Prime Minister to make you prisoner!" said the leader.

115 Liu Bei ordered Zhao Zilong to go out, and the two generals engaged. Very soon Zhao Zilong with a spear thrust had disposed of his opponent, and Liu Bei gave the signal to attack. Lu Xiang could not maintain his position and led his troops off. Soon his force found themselves attacked by an army rushing in from the side led by Guan Yu. The loss was more than a half, and the remainder fled for safety.

116 About three miles farther on they found their retreat barred by an army under Zhang Fei, who stood in the way with a long spear ready to thrust, crying out, "Zhang Fei is waiting!"

117 Zhang Fei bore down upon Lu Xiang, who was slain without a chance of striking a blow. The troops again fled in disorder. They were pursued by Liu Bei, and the greater part killed or captured.

118 Then Liu Bei returned into Xinye where he rewarded Shan Fu and feasted his victorious soldiers.

119 Some of the defeated troops took the news of the deaths of the leaders and the capture of their comrades to Cao Ren at Fancheng.

120 Cao Ren, much distressed, consulted Li Dian 이전 who advised, saying, "The loss is due to our underestimation of our enemy. Now we should stay where we are, hold on, and request reinforcements."

121 "Not so," said Cao Ren. "We cannot support calmly the death of two leaders and the loss of so many soldiers. We must avenge them quickly. Xinye is but a crossbow-slug of a place and not worth disturbing the Prime Minister for."

122 "Liu Bei is a man of metal," said Li Dian. "Do not esteem him lightly."

123 "What are you afraid of?" said Cao Ren.

124 "The Rule of War says 'To know your enemy and yourself is the secret of victory,'" replied Li Dian. "I am not afraid of the battle, but I do not think we can conquer."

125 "You are a traitor!" cried Cao Ren angrily. "Then I will capture Liu Bei myself."

126 "Do so. I will guard this city," said Li Dian.

127 "If you do not go with me, it is a proof that you are a traitor," retorted Cao Ren.

128 At this reproach, Li Dian felt constrained to join the expedition. So they told off twenty five thousand troops with which they crossed the River Yu for Xinye.

The officers all keenly felt the shame of many slain, 
The chief determines on revenge and marches out again.

130 What measure of success the expedition met with will be related in the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,