삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 037-04 삼고초려

玄德惆悵不已。張飛曰:「既不見,自歸去罷了。」玄德曰:「且待片時。」雲長曰:「不如且歸,再使人來探聽。」玄德從其言,囑付童子:「如先生回,可言劉備拜訪。」遂上馬,行數里,勒馬回觀隆中景物,果然山不高而秀雅,水不深而澄清;地不廣而平坦,林不大而茂盛;猿鶴相親,松篁交翠,觀之不已。忽見一人,容貌軒昂,丰姿俊爽,頭戴逍遙巾,身穿皂布袍,杖藜從山僻小路而來。玄德曰:「此必臥龍先生也。」急下馬向前施禮,問曰:「先生非臥龍否?」其人曰:「將軍是誰?」玄德曰:「劉備也。」其人曰:「吾非孔明,乃孔明之友,博陵崔州平也。」玄德曰:「久聞大名,幸得相遇。乞即席地權坐,請教一言。」

二人對坐於林間石上,關、張侍立於側。州平曰:「將軍何故欲見孔明?」玄德曰:「方今天下大亂,四方雲擾,欲見孔明,求安邦定國之策耳。」州平笑曰:「公以定亂為主,雖是仁心,但自古以來,治亂無常。自高祖斬蛇起義,誅無道秦,是由亂而入治也;至哀、平之世二百年,太平日久,王莽纂逆,又由治而入亂;光武中興,重整基業,復由亂而入治;至今二百年,民安已久,故干戈又復四起。此正由治入亂之時,未可猝定也。將軍欲使孔明斡旋天地,補綴乾坤,恐不易為,徒費心力耳。豈不聞『順天者逸,逆天者勞』;『數之所在,理不得而奪之;命之所在,人不得而強之』乎?」

玄德曰:「先生所言,誠為高見。但備身為漢冑,合當匡扶漢室,何敢委之數與命?」州平曰:「山野之夫,不足與論天下事,適承明問,故妄言之。」玄德曰:「蒙先生見教,但不知孔明往何處去了?」州平曰:「吾亦欲訪之,正不知其何往。」玄德曰:「請先生同至敝縣,若何?」州平曰:「愚性頗樂閒散,無意功名久矣。容他日再見。」言訖,長揖而去。玄德與關、張上馬而行。張飛曰:「孔明又訪不著,卻遇此腐儒,閒談許久!」玄德曰:「此亦隱者之言也。」

57 The disappointment was keen.

58 "Let us go back, since we cannot see him," said Zhang Fei 장비.

59 "Wait a little time," said Liu Bei.

60 "It would be better to return," said Guan Yu 관우, "then we might send to find out when this man had come back."

61 So Liu Bei agreed, first saying to the boy, "When the Master returns, tell him that Liu Bei has been here."

62 They rode away for some miles. Presently Liu Bei stopped and looked back at the surroundings of the little cottage in the wood.

63 The mountains were picturesque rather than grand, the water clear rather than profound, the plain was level rather than extensive, the woods luxuriant rather than thick. Gibbons ranged through the trees, and cranes waded in the shallow water. The pines and the bamboos vied with each other in verdure. It was a scene to linger upon.

64 While Liu Bei stood regarding it, he saw a figure coming down a mountain path. The man's bearing was lofty. He was handsome and dignified. He wore a comfortable-looking bonnet on his head, and a black robe hung about his figure in easy folds. He used a staff to help him down the steep path.

65 "Surely that is he!" said Liu Bei.

66 He dismounted and walked over to greet the stranger, whom he saluted deferentially, saying, "Are you not Master Sleeping Dragon 와룡, Sir?"

67 "Who are you, General?" said the stranger.

68 "I am Liu Bei."

69 "I am not Zhuge Liang, but I am a friend of his. My name is Cui Zhouping 최주평."

70 "Long have I known of you! I am very glad to see you," replied Liu Bei. "And now I pray you be seated just where we are, and let me receive your instruction."

71 The two men sat down in the wood on a stone, and the two brothers ranged themselves by Liu Bei's side.

72 Cui Zhouping began, saying, "General, for what reason do you wish to see Zhuge Liang?"

73 Liu Bei replied, "The empire is in confusion, and troubles gather everywhere. I want your friend to tell me how to restore order."

74 "You, Sir, wish to arrest the present disorder, although you are a kindly man and, from the oldest antiquity, the correction of disorder has demanded stern measures. On the day that Liu Bang 유방 first put his hand to the work and slew the wicked ruler of Qin, order began to replace disorder. Good government began with the Supreme Ancestor (BC 206), and endured two hundred years---two centuries of tranquillity. Then came Wang Mang's 왕망 rebellion, and disorder took the place of order. Anon, arose Liu Xiu, who restored the Han Dynasty, and order once more prevailed. We have had two centuries of order and tranquillity, and the time of trouble and battles is due. The restoration of peace will take time. It cannot be quickly accomplished. You, Sir, wish to get Zhuge Liang to regulate times and seasons, to repair the cosmos, but I fear the task is indeed difficult, and to attempt it would be a vain expenditure of mental energy. You know well that he who goes with the favor of Heaven travels an easy road; he who goes contrary meets difficulties. One cannot escape one's lot; one cannot evade fate."

75 "Master," replied Liu Bei, "your insight is indeed deep, and your words of wide meaning. But I am a scion of the House of Han and must help it. Dare I talk of the inevitable and trust to fate?"

76 Cui Zhouping replied, "A simple denizen of the mountain wilds is unfitted to discuss the affairs of empire. But you bade me speak and I have spoken---perhaps somewhat madly."

77 "Master, I am grateful for your instruction. But know you whither Zhuge Liang has gone?"

78 "I also came to see him, and I know not where he is," said Cui Zhouping.

79 "If I asked you, Master, to accompany me to my poor bit of territory, would you come?"

80 "I am too dilatory, too fond of leisure and ease, and no longer have any ambitions. But I will see you another time."

81 And with these words Cui Zhouping saluted and left. The three brothers also mounted and started homeward.

82 Presently Zhang Fei said, "We have not found Zhuge Liang, and we have had to listen to the wild ravings of this so-called scholar. There is the whole result of this journey."

83 "His words were those of a deep thinker," replied Liu Bei.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,