삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 044-06 손권의 결단

調撥已畢,諸將各自收拾船隻軍器起行。程咨回見父程普,說周瑜調兵,動止有法。普大驚曰:「吾素欺周郎懦弱,不足為將;今能如此,真將才也!我如何不服?」遂親詣行營謝罪。瑜亦遜謝。

次日,瑜請諸葛瑾,謂曰:「令弟孔明有王佐之才,如何屈身事劉備?今幸至江東,欲煩先生不惜齒牙餘論,使令弟棄劉備而事東吳,則主公既得良輔,而先生兄弟又得相見,豈不美哉?先生幸即一行。」瑾曰:「瑾自至江東,愧無寸功。今都督有命,敢不效力?」即時上馬,逕投驛亭來見孔明。孔明接入,哭拜,各訴闊情。

瑾泣曰:「弟知伯夷、叔齊乎?」孔明暗思:「此必周郎教來說我也。」遂答曰:「夷、齊,古之聖賢也。」瑾曰:「夷、齊雖至餓死首陽山下,兄弟二人亦在一處。我今與你同胞共乳,乃各事其主,不能旦暮相聚,視夷、齊之為人,能無愧乎?」孔明曰:「兄所言者,情也;弟所守者,義也。弟與兄皆漢人。今劉皇叔乃漢室之冑,兄若能去東吳,而與弟同事劉皇叔,則上不愧為漢臣,而骨肉又得相聚,此情義兩全之策也。不識兄意以為何如?」

瑾思曰:「我來說他,反被他說了我也。」遂無言回答,起身辭去,回見周瑜,細述孔明之言。瑜曰:「公意若何?」瑾曰:「吾受孫將軍厚恩,安肯相背?」瑜曰:「公既忠心事主,不必多言。吾自有伏孔明之計。」正是:

智與智逢宜必合,才和才角又難容。

畢竟周瑜何計伏孔明,且看下文分解。

109 Having received their orders, each returned to his command and busied himself in preparation. Cheng Zi, the son of Cheng Pu, returned and told his father what arrangements had been made, and Cheng Pu was amazed at Zhou Yu's skill.

110 Said he, "I have always despised Zhou Yu as a mere student who would never be a general, but this shows that he has a leader's talent. I must support him."

111 So Cheng Pu went over to the quarters of the Commander-in-Chief and confessed his fault. He was received kindly and all was over.

112 Next Zhou Yu sent for Zhuge Jin and said to him, "Evidently your brother is a genius, a man born to be a king's counselor. Why then does he serve Liu Bei? Now that he is here, I wish you to use every effort to persuade him to stay with us. Thus our lord would gain able support and you two brothers would be together, which would be pleasant for you both. I wish you success."

113 Zhuge Jin replied, "I am ashamed of the little service I have rendered since I came here, and I can do no other than obey your command to the best of my ability."

114 Thereupon he went away to his brother, whom he found in the guest-house. The younger brother received him; and when he had reached the inner rooms, Zhuge Liang bowed respectfully and, weeping, told his experiences since they parted and his sorrow at their separation.

115 Then Zhuge Jin, weeping also, said, "Brother, do you remember the story of Bo Yi 백이 and Shu Qi 숙제, the brothers who would not be separated?"

116 "Ah, Zhou Yu has sent him to talk me over," thought Zhuge Liang. So he replied, "They were two of the noble people of old days. Yes, I know."

117 "Those two, although they perished of hunger near the Shouyang Hills, yet never separated. You and I, born of the same mother and suckled at the same breast, yet serve different masters and never meet. Are you not ashamed when you think of such examples as Bo Yi and Shu Qi?"

118 Zhuge Liang replied, "You are talking now of love, but what I stand for is duty. We are both men of Han, and Liu Bei is of the family. If you, brother, could leave the South Land and join me in serving the rightful branch, then on the one side we should be honored as Ministers of Han, and on the other we should be together as people of the same flesh and blood should be. Thus love and duty would both receive their proper meed. What do you think of it, my brother?"

119 "I came to persuade him and lo! It is I who is being talked over," thought Zhuge Jin.

120 He had no fitting reply to make, so he rose and took his leave. Returning to Zhou Yu, he related the story of the interview.

121 "What do you think?" asked Zhou Yu.

122 "General Sun Quan has treated me with great kindness, and I could not turn my back on him," replied Zhuge Jin.

123 "Since you decide to remain loyal, there is no need to say much. I think I have a plan to win over your brother."

The wisest people see eye to eye, 
For each but sees the right; 
But should their several interests clash, 
They all the fiercer fight.

125 The means by which Zhou Yu tried to get the support of Zhuge Liang will be described in the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,