삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 065-02 가맹관 싸움

孔明令魏延帶五百哨馬先行,張飛第二,玄德後隊,望葭明關進發。魏延哨馬先到關下,正遇楊柏。魏延與楊柏交戰,不十合,楊柏敗走。魏延要奪張飛頭功,乘勢趕去,前面一軍擺開,為首乃是馬岱。魏延只道是馬超,舞刀躍馬迎之。與馬岱戰不十合,岱敗走。延趕去,被岱回身一箭,中了魏延左臂。延急回馬走。馬岱趕至關前,只見一將喊聲如雷,從關上飛馬奔至面前。原來是張飛初到關上,聽得關前廝殺,便來看時,正見魏延中箭,因驟馬下關,救了魏延。

飛喝馬岱曰:「汝是何人?先通名姓,然後廝殺!」馬岱曰:「吾乃西涼馬岱是也。」張飛曰:「你原來不是馬超!快回去!非吾對手!只令馬超那廝自來!說道燕人張翼德在此!」馬岱大怒曰:「汝焉敢小覷我!」挺槍躍馬,直取張飛。戰不十合,馬岱敗走。張飛欲待追趕,關上騎馬到來,叫:「兄弟且休趕!」飛回視之,原來是玄德到來。飛遂不趕,一同上關。玄德曰:「恐怕你性躁,故我隨後趕來到此。既然勝了馬岱,且歇一宵,來日戰馬超。」

次日天明,關下鼓聲大震,馬超兵到。玄德在關上看時,門旗影裏,馬超縱馬提槍而出;獅盔獸帶,銀甲白袍;一來結束非凡,二者人才出眾。玄德歎曰:「人言『錦馬超』,名不虛傳!」張飛便要下關。玄德急止之曰:「且休出戰,當先避其銳氣。」關下馬超單搦張飛出戰,關上張飛恨不得平吞馬超,三五番皆被玄德擋住。

看看午後,玄德望見馬超陣上人馬皆倦,遂選五百騎,跟著張飛,衝下關來。馬超見張飛軍到,把槍望後一招,約退軍有一箭之地﹐張飛軍馬一齊紮住;關上軍馬,陸續出來。張飛挺槍出馬,大呼「認得燕人張翼德麼!」馬超曰:「吾家累世公侯,豈識村野匹夫!」張飛大怒。兩馬齊出,二槍並舉。約戰百餘合,不分勝負。玄德觀之,歎曰:「真虎將也!」恐張飛有失,急鳴金收軍。兩將各回。

張飛回到陣中,略歇馬片時,不用頭盔,只裹包巾上馬,又出陣前搦馬超廝殺。超又出,兩個再戰。玄德恐張飛有失,自披挂下關,直至陣前;看張飛與馬超又鬥百餘合,兩個精神倍加,玄德教鳴金收軍。二將分開,各回本陣。是日天色已晚。玄德謂張飛曰:「馬超英勇,不可輕敵。且退上關。來日再戰。」張飛殺得性起,那裏肯休;大叫曰:「誓死不回!」玄德曰:「今日天晚,不可戰矣。」飛曰:「可多點火把,安排夜戰!」馬超亦換了馬,再出陣前,大叫曰﹕「張飛!敢夜戰麼?」張飛性起,向玄德換了坐下馬,搶出陣來,叫曰:「我捉你不得,誓不上關!」超曰:「我勝你不得,誓不回寨!」

兩軍吶喊,點起千百火把,照耀如白日。兩將又向陣前鏖戰。到二十餘合,馬超撥回馬便走。張飛大叫曰:「走那裏去!」原來馬超見贏不得張飛,心生一計,詐敗佯輸,賺張飛趕來,暗掣銅鎚在手,扭回身覷著張飛便打將來。張飛見馬超走,心中也隄防;比及銅鎚打來時,張飛一閃,從耳朵邊過去。張飛便勒回馬時,馬超卻又趕來。張飛帶住馬,拈弓搭箭,回射馬超;超卻閃過,兩將各自回陣。玄德自於陣前叫曰:「吾以仁義待人,王施譎詐。馬孟起,你收兵歇息,我不乘勢趕你。」馬超聞言,親自斷後,諸軍漸退。玄德亦收軍上關。

30 Wei Yan was allowed to go with five hundred of light horse in advance of Zhang Fei. Liu Bei marched third. Wei Yan and his scouts soon arrived at Jiameng Pass and there fell in with Yang Bo. They engaged; but after a few bouts Yang Bo fled.

31 At this success Wei Yan was seized with ambition to rival it and try to snatch the credit that would fall to Zhang Fei. So he pursued. But he presently came across a line of battle all drawn up, the commander being Ma Dai. Wei Yan, thinking it was the redoubtable Ma Chao, rode toward him whirling his sword. Soon Ma Dai turned and ran away, and Wei Yan followed him. However, Ma Dai presently turned back and shot an arrow, which wounded Wei Yan in the left arm, so that he left the pursuit and turned his face the other way. Then Ma Dai came after him and chased Wei Yan nearly up to the Pass.

32 Here Ma Dai was suddenly confronted by a fierce thunder-roaring leader who dashed down from the Pass as on a flying steed.

33 It was Zhang Fei, who had just arrived. Hearing the noise of battle below the Pass, Zhang Fei had come to learn what it meant and saw the arrow wound of Wei Yan. Soon Zhang Fei was in the saddle and off to the rescue. But before he engaged, he would ascertain if the foe was worthy of his steel.

34 "Who are you? Tell your name," cried Zhang Fei, "then I may fight with you."

35 "I am Ma Dai of Xiliang."

36 "As you are not Ma Chao, go away quickly, for you are no match for me. You may bid Ma Chao himself come, and tell him that Zhang Fei of Yan is here."

37 "How dare you treat me with contempt?" cried Ma Dai in hot anger, and he came galloping up with his spear set ready to thrust. But after a half score bouts he fled.

38 Zhang Fei was about to pursue when a rider came up to him hastily, crying, "Do not pursue, my brother."

39 The rider was Liu Bei, and Zhang Fei stopped. The two returned together to the Pass.

40 "I knew your impulsive temper, and so I followed you. Since you have got the better of him, you may well rest and recuperate for the fight tomorrow with Ma Chao."

41 The rolling of drums at dawn next day declared the arrival of Ma Chao. Liu Bei looked at the array from a point of vantage and saw Ma Chao emerge from the shadow of his great standard. Ma Chao wore a lion helmet, and his belt was clasped with the shaggy head of a wild beast. His breastplate was silver and his robe of white. As his dress and bearing were so extraordinary, so were his abilities superior. And Liu Bei looked at him, sighing admiringly.

42 "He justifies what people say," said Liu Bei, "Handsome Ma Chao."

43 Zhang Fei was for going down at once, but his brother once more checked him, saying, "No, not yet. Avoid the first keenness of his fighting ardor."

44 Thus below was Ma Chao challenging Zhang Fei, while, above, Zhang Fei was fretting at being unable to settle Ma Chao. Time after time Zhang Fei was setting out, but each time his brother checked him. And so it continued till past midday, when Liu Bei, noticing signs of fatigue and weariness among Ma Chao's army, decided that it was time to let Zhang Fei try his fortune. Whereupon Liu Bei chose out five hundred horsemen to accompany his brother and let the party go.

45 Ma Chao seeing Zhang Fei coming with so small a force, signaled with his spear to his array to retire a bowshot, and Zhang Fei's troops halted. When all his troops had taken their places, Zhang Fei set serpent halberd and rode out.

46 "Do you know who I am?" shouted Zhang Fei. "I am Zhang Fei of Yan!"

47 Ma Chao replied, "My family having been noble for many generations. I am not likely to know any rustic dolts!"

48 This reply upset Zhang Fei, and in a moment the two steeds were rushing toward each other, both men with poised spears. The fight began and continued for a hundred bouts. Neither had the advantage.

49 "A veritable tiger of a leader," sighed Liu Bei.

50 But Liu Bei felt that Zhang Fei was running a risk, wherefore he sounded the gong as a signal to cease the fight. And each drew off to his own side. Zhang Fei rested his steed for a time, then, leaving his helmet, he wound a turban about his head, mounted, and rode out to renew the fight. Ma Chao also came out, and the duel continued.

51 Presently Liu Bei thought his brother in danger. So he girded on his armor and went down into the plain. He watched till they had fought another hundred bouts, and then as both seemed to wax fiercer than ever, he gave the signal again to cease the battle. Both drew off and returned each to his own side.

52 It was then getting late, and Liu Bei said to his brother, "You had better retire for today. He is a terrible opponent. Try him again tomorrow."

53 But Zhang Fei's spirit was roused, and it was unlikely that such advice would be palatable.

54 "No," shouted he, "I will die and not come back!"

55 "But it is late. You cannot go on fighting," said Liu Bei.

56 "Let them bring torches, and we will have a night battle," said Zhang Fei.

57 Ma Chao having mounted a fresh steed, now rode out and shouted, "Dare you try a night battle, Zhang Fei?"

58 Zhang Fei's excitement rose higher. He hastily changed horses with his brother and rode forth.

59 "If I do not capture you, I will not go back to the Pass," said Zhang Fei.

60 "And if I do not overcome you, I will not return to the camp," said Ma Chao.

61 Both sides cheered. They lit many thousand torches till it seemed as light as day, and the two great generals went to the front to fight. At the twentieth bout Ma Chao turned his steed and tied.

62 "Whither are you going?" called out Zhang Fei.

63 The fact was that Ma Chao had begun to see he could not win in direct and simple combat, so he thought to try a ruse. By a false flight, as though he knew he had lost, he would inveigle Zhang Fei into pursuit. He picked up a copper mace secretly and kept a careful watch on his opponent for the most favorable moment to strike. But Ma Chao's flight only put Zhang Fei upon his guard, and when the moment came for the blow with the mace he dodged, so that the weapon flew harmlessly past his ear. Then Zhang Fei turned his horse. Whereupon Ma Chao began to pursue. Then Zhang Fei pulled up, took his bow, fitted an arrow to the string, and let fly at Ma Chao. But Ma Chao also dodged, and the arrow flew by. Then each returned to his own side.

64 Then Liu Bei came out to the front of his battle line and called out, "Note well, O Ma Chao, that I, who have never treated people other than with kindness and justice and truth and sincerity, swear that I will not take advantage of your period of repose to pursue or attack. Wherefore you may rest awhile in peace."

65 Ma Chao, hearing these words, withdrew guarding the rear, and the other generals one by one returned, while Liu Bei drew off his army toward the Pass.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,