삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 074-02 칠군을 물속에 장사지내다

臨行謂部將曰:「吾今去與關某死戰,我若被關某所殺,汝等急取吾屍置此櫬中;我若殺了關某,吾亦即取其首,置此櫬內,回獻魏王。」部將五百人皆曰:「將軍如此忠勇,某等敢不竭力相助?」於是引軍前進。有人將此言報知曹操。操喜曰:「龐德忠勇如此,孤何憂焉!」賈詡曰:「龐德恃血氣之勇,欲與關某決死戰,臣竊慮之。」操然其言,急令人傳旨戒龐德曰:「關某智勇雙全,切不可輕敵。可取則取,不可取則宜謹守。」龐德聞命,謂眾將曰:「大王何重視關某也?吾料此去,當挫關某三十年之聲價。」禁曰:「魏王之言,不可不從。」德奮然趲軍前至樊城,耀武揚威,鳴鑼擊鼓。

卻說關公正坐帳中,忽探馬飛報:「曹操差于禁為將,領七枝精壯兵到來。前部先鋒龐德,軍前抬一木櫬,口出不遜之言,誓欲與將軍決一死戰。兵離城止三十里矣。」關公聞言,勃然變色,美髯飄動,大怒曰:「天下英雄,聞吾之名,無不畏服;龐德豎子,何敢藐視吾耶!關平一面攻打樊城,吾自去斬此匹夫,以雪吾恨!」平曰:「父親不可以泰山之重,與頑石爭高下。辱子願代父去戰龐德。」關公曰:「汝試一往,吾隨後便來接應。」

關平出帳,提刀上馬,領兵來迎龐德。兩陣對圓,魏營一面皂旗上大書「南安龐德」四個白字。龐德青袍銀鎧,鋼刀白馬,立於陣前;背後五百軍兵緊隨,步卒數人肩抬木櫬而出。關平大罵龐德:「背主之賊!」龐德問部卒曰:「此何人也?」或答曰:「此關公義子關平也。」德叫曰:「吾奉魏王旨,來取汝父之首!汝乃疥癩小兒,吾不殺汝!快喚汝父來!」平大怒,縱馬舞刀,來取龐德。德橫刀來迎。戰三十合,不分勝負,兩家各歇。

早有人報知關公。公大怒,令廖化去攻樊城,自己親來迎敵龐德。關平接著,言與龐德交戰,不分勝負。關公隨即橫刀出馬,大叫曰:「關雲長在此,龐德何不早來受死!」鼓聲響處,龐德出馬曰:「吾奉魏王旨,特來取汝首!恐汝不信,備櫬在此。汝若怕死,早下馬受降!」關公大罵曰:「量汝一匹夫,又何能為!可惜我青龍刀斬汝鼠賊!」縱馬舞刀,來取龐德。德輪刀來迎。二將戰有百餘合,精神倍長。兩軍各看得癡呆了。魏軍恐龐德有失,急令鳴金收軍,關平恐父年老,亦急鳴金。二將各退。

20 Pang De bade his officers, saying, "I will fight to the end with Guan Yu. Place my body therein if I fall in combat. And if I slay him, then will I bring his head in this coffin as an offering to our Prince."

21 Then out spoke his five hundred veterans and said, "If you are like this, O General, then we also will follow you to the end."

22 The vanguard then marched away.

23 A certain man told the story of these happenings to Cao Cao, who was very pleased, saying, "I have no anxiety with such a general to lead my armies."

24 But Jia Xu said, "I am anxious for Pang De's safety. He is over-bold and imprudent to fight with Guan Yu to the death."

25 Cao Cao thought such an act would be unwise, and he hastily sent a messenger with an edict warning Pang De against his antagonist.

26 "This Guan Yu lacks neither cunning nor valor. You are to be most cautious in engaging him. If you can conquer, then conquer; but if there be any doubt, remain on the defensive."

27 "How highly does our Prince regard this fellow Guan Yu!" said Pang De to his officers when he heard this new command. "But I think I shall be able to take the keen edge off his thirty-year reputation."

28 "The command of the Prince is to be obeyed," said Yu Jin.

29 Pang De hastened to Fancheng in all the pomp and panoply of war, his gongs clanging, his drums rolling as he marched.

30 Guan Yu was sitting in his tent when his spies came to report: "Seven armies of the north under Yu Jin are approaching. They are ten miles away. The Van Leader is Pang De, who brings with him a coffin. As he marches, he slanders you, General, and vows to fight a decisive battle with you."

31 Rage took possession of Guan Yu. His face changed color, his beard shook, and he roared out, "There is never a fighting man in all the world who has heard my name without trembling. Does this fellow dare disdain me?"

32 Then he ordered Guan Ping to attack Fancheng while he went out to slay the impudent boaster who dared him.

33 "Father," said Guan Ping, "Taishan Mountain in its majesty does not quarrel with a pebble. Let me go and fight this Pang De."

34 "Well, my son, go and try. I will support you."

35 So Guan Ping took his sword, mounted his steed, and went out with his troops. Both sides being drawn up for battle. On the side of Wei there flew a single black flag on which was inscribed Pang De, Corrector of the West in white. The leader himself wore a blue robe with a silver helmet and rode a white charger. He stood out in front backed by his five hundred veterans, and a few foot soldiers were there too, bearing the gruesome coffin.

36 Guan Ping was very angry, crying out, "Turncoat! Traitor!"

37 "Who is that?" asked Pang De of his followers.

38 A certain one replied, "That is Guan Yu's adopted son, Guan Ping."

39 Pang De cried, "I have an edict from the Prince of Wei to take your father's head. You are but a weakling, and I will spare you. But call your father!"

40 Guan Ping dashed forward flourishing his sword. Pang De went to meet him, and there followed thirty odd bouts with no advantage to either.

41 Both sides then drew off to rest. Soon the news of this combat reached Guan Yu, and he was not pleased. He sent Liao Hua to assault the city while he went to do battle with Pang De. Guan Ping met his father and related the story of the indecisive fight.

42 So Guan Yu rode out with his green-dragon saber ready, and he shouted to Pang De, "Come quickly and be slain!"

43 The drums reechoed as Pang De rode out and replied, "The edict from the Prince of Wei tells me to take your head. In case you disbelieve it, here is the coffin ready to receive it. If you fear death, down from your horse and surrender!"

44 "I hold you for a simple fool!" cried Guan Yu. "What can you do? It is a pity to stain my blade with the blood of such a rat."

45 Then he galloped Red Hare out toward Pang De, flourishing the saber. Pang De whirled his blade and came to meet him, and they two fought a hundred bouts. And as they fought, the lust of battle seemed to grow and both armies were lost in amazement.

46 But the army of Wei began to fear for their champion, and the gongs sounded the retirement. At the same time Guan Ping began to think of his father's fatigue, and his gongs clanged too. So that both armies drew off at the same time.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,