Chapter 037-06 삼고초려

玄德乃辭二人,上馬投臥龍岡來;到莊前下馬,扣門問童子曰:「先生今日在莊否?」童子曰:「現在堂上讀書。」玄德大喜,遂跟童子而入。至中門,只見門上大書一聯云:

「淡泊以明志,寧靜而致遠。」

玄德正看間,忽聞吟詠之聲,乃立於門側窺之,見草堂之上,一少年擁爐抱膝,歌曰:

鳳翱翔於千仞兮,非梧不棲;
士伏處於一方兮,非主不依。
樂躬耕於隴畝兮,吾愛吾廬。
聊寄傲於琴書兮,以待天時。

玄德待其歌罷,上草堂施禮曰:「備久慕先生,無緣拜會。昨因徐元直稱薦,敬至仙莊,不遇空回。今特冒風雪而來,得瞻道貌,實為萬幸!」那少年慌忙答禮曰:「將軍莫非劉豫州,欲見家兄否?」玄德驚訝曰:「先生又非臥龍耶?」少年曰:「某乃臥龍之弟諸葛均也。愚兄弟三人,長兄諸葛瑾,現在江東孫仲謀處為幕賓。孔明乃二家兄。」玄德曰:「臥龍今在家否?」均曰:「昨為崔州平相約,出外閒遊去矣。」玄德曰:「何處閒遊?」均曰:「或駕小舟,游於江湖之中;或訪僧道於山嶺之上;或尋朋友於村落之間;或樂琴棋於洞府之內;往來莫測,不知去所。」玄德曰:「劉備直如此緣分淺薄,兩番不遇大賢!」均曰:「小坐獻茶。」張飛曰:「那先生既不在,請哥哥上馬。」玄德曰:「我既到此間,如何無一語而回?」因問諸葛均曰:「聞令兄臥龍先生熟諳韜略,日看兵書,可得聞乎?」均曰:「不知。」張飛曰:「問他則甚!風雪甚緊,不如早歸。」玄德叱止之。均曰:「家兄不在,不敢久留車騎;容日卻來回禮。」玄德曰:「豈敢望先生枉駕。數日之後,備當再至。願借紙筆作一書,留達令兄,以表劉備慇懃之意。」均遂進文房四寶。玄德呵開凍筆,拂展雲箋,寫書曰:

備久慕高名,兩次晉謁,不遇空回,惆悵何似!竊念備漢朝苗裔,濫叨名爵,伏觀朝廷陵替,綱紀崩摧,群雄亂國,惡黨欺君,備心膽俱裂。雖有匡濟之誠,實乏經綸之策。仰望先生仁慈忠義,慨然展呂望之大才,施子房之鴻略,天下幸甚!社稷甚幸!先此布達,再容齊戒勳沐,特拜尊顏,面傾鄙悃,統希鑒原。

103 So he remounted and went his way. He reached the little cottage, dismounted, and tapped at the door. The same lad answered his knock, and he asked whether the Master had returned.

104 "He is in his room reading," said the boy.

105 Joyful indeed was Liu Bei as he followed the lad in. In front of the middle door he saw written this pair of scrolls:

By purity inspire the inclination; 
By repose affect the distant.

107 As Liu Bei was looking at this couplet, he heard someone singing in a subdued voice and stopped by the door to peep in. He saw a young man close to a charcoal brazier, hugging his knees while he sang:

"The phoenix dies high, O! 
And only will perch on a magnolia tree. 
The scholar is hidden, O! 
Till his lord appear he can patient be. 
He tills his fields, O! 
He is well-content and loves his home, 
He awaits his day, O! 
His books and his lute to leave and roam.

109 As the song ended Liu Bei advanced and saluted, saying, "Master, long have I yearned for you, but have found it impossible to salute you. Lately Water Mirror spoke of you and I hastened to your dwelling, only to come away disappointed. This time I have braved the elements and come again and my reward is here. I see your face, and I am indeed fortunate."

110 The young man hastily returned the salute and said, "General, you must be that Liu Bei of Yuzhou who wishes to see my brother."

111 "Then, Master, you are not Sleeping Dragon!" said Liu Bei, starting back.

112 "I am his younger brother, Zhuge Jun 제갈균. He has another elder brother, Zhuge Jin 제갈근, now with Sun Quan 손권 in the South Land as a counselor. Zhuge Liang is the second of our family."

113 "Is your brother at home?"

114 "Only yesterday he arranged to go a jaunt with Cui Zhouping."

115 "Whither have they gone?"

116 "Who can say? They may take a boat and sail away among the lakes, or go to gossip with the priests in some remote mountain temple, or wander off to visit a friend in some far away village, or be sitting in some cave with a lute or a chessboard. Their goings and comings are uncertain and nobody can guess at them."

117 "What very poor luck have I! Twice have I failed to meet the great sage."

118 "Pray sit a few moments, and let me offer you some tea."

119 "Brother, since the master is not here, I pray you remount and go," said Zhang Fei.

120 "Since I am here, why not a little talk before we go home again?" said Liu Bei.

121 Then turning to his host he continued, "Can you tell me if your worthy brother is skilled in strategy and studies works on war?"

122 "I do not know."

123 Grumbled Zhang Fei, "The wind and snow are getting worse. We ought to go back."

124 Liu Bei turned on him angrily and told him to stop.

125 Zhuge Jun said, "Since my brother is absent, I will not presume to detain you longer. I will return your call soon."

126 "Please do not take that trouble. In a few days I will come again. But if I could borrow paper and ink, I would leave a note to show your worthy brother that I am zealous and earnest."

127 Zhuge Jun produced the "four treasures" of the scholar, and Liu Bei, thawing out the frozen brush between his lips, spread the sheet of delicate note-paper and wrote:

128 "Liu Bei has long admired your fame. He has visited your dwelling twice, but to his great regret he has gone empty away. He humbly remembers that he is a distant relative of the Emperor, that he has undeservedly enjoyed fame and rank. When he sees the proper government wrested aside and replaced by pretense, the foundation of the state crumbling away, hordes of braves creating confusion in the country, and an evil cabal behaving unseemly toward the rightful Prince, then his heart and gall are torn to shreds. Though he has a real desire to assist, yet is he deficient in the needful skill. Wherefore he turns to the Master, trusting in his kindness, graciousness, loyalty, and righteousness. Would the Master but use his talent, equal to that of Lu Wang, and perform great deeds like Zhang Liang, then would the empire be happy and the Throne would be secure.

129 "This is written to tell you that, after purification of mind with fasting and of body with fragrant baths, Liu Bei will come again to prostrate himself in your honored presence and receive enlightenment"

130 The letter written and given to Zhuge Jun 제갈균, Liu Bei took his leave, exceedingly disappointed at this second failure.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,