삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 070-05 장비와 황충의 계책

於是張郃與二將連夜投天蕩山來,見夏侯德,具言前事。夏侯德曰:「吾此處屯十萬兵,你可引去,復取原寨。」郃曰:「只宜堅守,不可妄動。」忽聽山前金鼓大震,人報:「黃忠兵到。」夏侯德大笑曰:「老賊不諳兵法,只恃勇耳!」郃曰:「黃忠有謀,非止勇也。」德曰:「川兵遠涉而來,連日疲困。更兼深入敵境,此無謀也。」郃曰:「亦不可輕敵。且宜堅守。」韓浩曰:「願借精兵三千擊之,當無不克。」

德遂分兵與浩下山。黃忠整兵來迎。劉封諫曰:「日已西沈矣,軍皆遠來勞困,且宜暫息。」忠笑曰:「不然;此天賜奇功,不取是逆天也。」言畢,鼓譟大進。韓浩引兵來戰。黃忠揮刀直取浩,只一合,斬浩於馬下。蜀兵大喊,殺上山來。張郃,夏侯尚,急引軍來迎。忽聽山後大喊,火光沖天而起,上下通紅。夏侯德提兵來救火時,正遇老將嚴顏,手起刀落,斬夏侯德於馬下。原來黃忠預先使嚴顏引軍埋伏於山僻去處,只等黃忠軍到,卻來放火柴草堆上一齊點著,烈燄飛騰,照耀山谷。

嚴顏既斬夏侯德,從山後殺來。張郃,夏侯尚,前後不能相顧,只得棄天蕩山,望定軍山投奔夏侯淵去了。黃忠,嚴顏,守住天蕩山,捷音飛報成都。玄德聞之,眾將慶喜。法正曰:「昔曹操降張魯,定漢中,不因此勢以圖巴蜀,乃留夏侯淵,張郃,二將屯守,而自引軍北還,此失計也。今張郃新敗,天蕩失守,主公若乘此時,舉大兵親往征之,漢中可定也。既定漢中,然後練兵積粟,觀釁伺隙,進可討賊,退可自守。此天與之時,不可失也。」

玄德,孔明,皆深然之,遂傳令趙雲,張飛為先鋒。玄德與孔明親自引兵十萬,擇日圖漢中;傳檄各處,嚴加提備。時建安二十三年,秋七月吉日。玄德大軍出葭萌關下營,召黃忠、嚴顏到寨,厚賞之。玄德曰:「人皆言將軍老矣,惟軍師獨知將軍之能。今果立奇功。但今漢中定軍山,乃南鄭保障,糧草積聚之所;若得定軍山,陽平一路,無足憂矣。將軍還敢取定軍山否﹖」

黃忠慨然應諾,便要領兵前去。孔明急止之曰:「老將軍雖然英勇,然夏侯淵非張郃之比也。淵深通韜略,善曉兵機。曹操倚之為西涼藩蔽;先曾屯兵長安,拒馬孟起;今又屯兵漢中。操不託他人,而獨託淵者,以淵有將才也。今將軍雖勝張郃,未卜能勝夏侯淵。吾欲酌量著一人去荊州,替回關將軍來,方可敵之。」

忠奮然答曰:「昔廉頗年八十,尚食斗米,肉十斤,諸侯畏其勇,不敢侵犯趙界,何況黃忠未及七十乎﹖軍師言吾老,吾今並不用副將,只將本部兵三千人去,立斬夏侯淵首級,納於麾下。」孔明再三不容。黃忠只是要去。孔明曰:「即將軍要去,吾使一人為監軍同去,若何﹖」正是:

請將須行激將法,
少年不若老年人。

未知其人是誰,且看下文分解。

101 Zhang He and the two generals set out at once. They reached the mountain and told Xiahou De all that had happened.

102 "I have one hundred thousand troops in camp here," replied he. "You may take some of them and recover your lost camps."

103 "No," replied Zhang He. "The only proper course is to defend."

104 Almost as they spoke the rolling of drums and the clang of gongs were heard, and the look-outs came to say that Huang Zhong was near.

105 "The old ruffian does not know much of the art of war," said Xiahou De with a laugh. "After all, he is only a brave."

106 "Be not mistaken: He is crafty and not only bold," said Zhang He.

107 "This move is against the rules and not at all crafty. He is worn from a long march and his soldiers are fatigued, and they are deep in an enemy's country."

108 "Nevertheless, be careful how you attack," said Zhang He. "You would still do well to depend upon defense only."

109 "Give me three thousand good soldiers, and I will cut him to pieces," cried Han Hao.

110 They told off the three companies for him, and down he went into the plain. As he approached, Huang Zhong arrayed his army.

111 Liu Feng put in a note of warning, saying, "The sun is setting, and our men are weary. Let us retire for the fight tomorrow."

112 But Huang Zhong paid little attention, saying, "I do not hold with your objections. This is the one God-given opportunity to make good, and it would be a sin not to take it."

113 So saying, the drums rolled for a great attack. Han Hao came forward with his troops, and the aged general went toward him whirling his sword. In the first encounter Han Hao fell. At this the soldiers of Shu gave a yell and went away up the hill, whereupon Zhang He and Xiahou Shang hastily moved out to withstand them. But a great red glare sprang into the sky from behind the hill, and a shouting arose. Hastily Xiahou De led off his troops to meet the danger there and went straight into the arms of Yan Yan. The Veteran General's arm rose, the sword fell, and Xiahou De dropped from his steed to rise no more.

114 This ambush, into which the dead general had rushed, had been carefully prepared by Huang Zhong, who had sent Yan Yan away before he marched himself and given Yan Yan orders what to do. It was the brushwood that Yan Yan's men had spent the time in collecting that now sent forth the flames reaching up to the heavens and filling the valleys.

115 Yan Yan, after slaying Xiahou De, came round the hill to aid in the attack so that the defenders were taken both in front and rear. They could do nothing and presently left the battlefield and rushed toward Dingjun Mountain to seek refuge with Xiahou Yuan.

116 Meanwhile the victors took steps to hold the position they had won and sent the good news of victory to Capital Chengdu. And when the news arrived, Liu Bei called together all his officers to rejoice.

117 Then said Fa Zheng, "Not long ago Zhang Lu submitted to Cao Cao, and thereby Cao Cao got possession of Hanzhong quite easily. Instead of following up this by an advance westward, he left two generals to guard it and went south. That was a mistake. Now, my lord, do not make a mistake yourself, but take advantage of the present favorable position, with Zhang He newly defeated and Tiandang Mountain captured, to attack Hanzhong and you will have it at once. Once that is yours, you can train your army and amass supplies ready for a stroke against the arch-rebel himself. This God-given advantage will be confirmed to you, and you should not miss it."

118 Both Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang saw the wisdom of this scheme and prepared to act. Zhao Zilong and Zhang Fei were to lead the van, while Liu Bei with Zhuge Liang commanded the main army of one hundred thousand troops. A day was chosen to set out, and orders were sent to everyone to keep careful guard for Yizhou.

119 It was a certain auspicious day in the seventh month of the twenty-third year that the army marched (AD 218). Reaching Jiameng Pass, Huang Zhong and Yan Yan were summoned and well rewarded for their services.

120 Liu Bei said to Huang Zhong, "People said you were old, General, but the Directing Instructor of the army know you better than they, and you have rendered amazing service. Still, Dingjun Mountain is yet to be captured, and it is both a great central store and a major defense of Nanzheng. If we could get Dingjun Mountain, we could be quite easy about the whole region of Hanzhong. Think you that you are equal to taking Dingjun Mountain?"

121 To this harangue of Liu Bei, the veteran nobly answered that he was willing to try and was ready to start when they would.

122 Said Zhuge Liang hastily, "Do not be hasty. You are brave enough, General, but Xiahou Yuan is a man of different stamp from Zhang He. Xiahou Yuan is a real strategist and tactician; so much so that Cao Cao relies upon him as his defense against Xiliang. It was he who was set to defend Changan when threatened by Ma Chao. Now he is in Hanzhong, and Cao Cao puts his whole confidence in him and his skill as a leader. You have overcome Zhang He, but it is not certain you will conquer this man. I think I must send down to Jingzhou for Guan Yu for this task."

123 Huang Zhong hotly replied, "Old Lian Po was eighty years old and yet he ate a bushel of rice and ten pounds of flesh, so that his vigor frightened the nobles and not one dared encroach upon the borders of the state of Zhao. I am not yet seventy. You call me old, O Instructor; then I will not take any helper, but go out simply with my own three thousand troops, and we will lay Xiahou Yuan's head at your feet."

124 Zhuge Liang refused to allow him to go; Huang Zhong insisted. At last Zhuge Liang consented, but said he would send an overseer.

125 They put upon his mettle the man who was to go, 
Youth's vigor may be lesser worth than age's powers, we know.

126 The next chapter will tell who the overseer was.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,