삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 038-02 와룡 일어나다

半晌,先生未醒。關、張在外立久,不見動靜,入見玄德,猶然侍立。張飛大怒,謂雲長曰:「這先生如何傲慢!見我哥哥侍立階下,他竟高臥,推睡不起!等我去屋後放一把火,看他起不起!」雲長再三勸住。玄德仍命二人出門外等候。望堂上時,見先生翻身將起,忽又朝裡壁睡著。童子欲報。玄德曰:「且勿驚動。」又立了一個時辰,孔明纔醒,口吟詩曰:

大夢誰先覺?平生我自知。
草堂春睡足,窗外日遲遲。

孔明吟罷,翻身問童子曰:「有俗客來否?」童子曰:「劉皇叔在此,立候多時。」孔明乃起身曰:「何不早報!尚容更衣。」遂轉入後堂。又半晌,方整衣冠出迎。玄德見孔明身長八尺,面如冠玉,頭戴綸巾,身披鶴氅,飄飄然有神仙之概。玄德下拜曰:「漢室末冑、涿郡愚夫,久聞先生大名,如雷貫耳。昨兩次晉謁,不得一見,已書賤名於文几,未審得入覽否?」孔明曰:「南陽野人,疏懶性成,屢蒙將軍枉臨,不勝愧赧。」

二人敘禮,分賓主而坐。童子獻茶。茶罷,孔明曰:「昨觀書意,足見將軍憂民憂國之心;但恨亮年幼才疏,有誤下問。」玄德曰:「司馬德操之言,徐元直之語,豈虛談哉?望先生不棄鄙賤,曲賜教誨。」孔明曰:「德操、元直,世之高士。亮乃一耕夫耳,安敢談天下事?二公謬舉矣。將軍奈何舍美玉而求頑石乎?」玄德曰:「大丈夫抱經世奇才,豈可空老於林泉之下?願先生以天下蒼生為念,開備愚魯而賜教。」孔明笑曰:「願聞將軍之志。」玄德屏人促席而告曰:「漢室傾頹,奸臣竊命,備不量力,欲伸大義於天下,而智術淺短,迄無所就。惟先生開其愚而拯厄,實為萬幸。」

孔明曰:「自董卓造逆以來,天下豪傑並起。曹操勢不及袁紹,而竟能克紹者,非惟天時,抑亦人謀也。今操已擁百萬之眾,挾天子以令諸侯,此誠不可與爭鋒。孫權據有江東,已歷三世,國險而民附,此可用為援,而不可圖也。荊州北據漢沔,利盡南海,東連吳會,西通巴蜀,此用武之地,非其主不能守。是殆天所以資將軍,將軍豈可棄乎?益州險塞,沃野千里,天府之國,高祖因之以成帝業。今劉璋闇弱,民殷國富,而不知存恤,智能之士,思得明君。將軍既帝室之冑,信義著於四海,總攬英雄,思賢如渴,若跨有荊益,保其巖阻,西和諸戎,南撫彝越,外結孫權,內修政理;待天下有變,則命一上將,將荊州之兵,以向宛洛;將軍身率益州之眾,以出秦川,百姓有不簞食壼漿以迎將軍者乎?誠如是,則大業可成,漢室可興矣。此亮所以為將軍謀者也。惟將軍圖之。」言罷,命童子取出畫一軸,挂於中堂,指謂玄德曰:「此西川五十四州之圖也。將軍欲成霸業,北讓曹操占天時,南讓孫權占地利,將軍可占人和。先取荊州為家,後即取西川建基業,以成鼎足之勢,然後可圖中原也。」

19 The time passed and still the sleeper did not wake. The two brothers left without, beginning to feel impatient, also came in, and Zhang Fei was annoyed at seeing his revered elder brother respectfully standing by while another slept.

20 "What an arrogant fellow is this Master?" said he. "There is our brother waiting, while he sleeps on perfectly carelessly. I will go to the back of the place and let off a bomb and see if that will rouse him."

21 "No, no! You must do nothing of the kind," whispered Guan Yu, and then Liu Bei told them to go out again.

22 Just then Liu Bei noticed that the Master moved. He turned over as though about to rise, but, instead, he faced the wall and again fell asleep. The serving lad made as if he would rouse his master, but Liu Bei forbade him to be disturbed, and Liu Bei waited yet another weary hour. Then Zhuge Liang 제갈량 woke up repeating to himself the lines:

"Can any know what fate is his? 
Yet have I felt throughout my life, 
The day would come at last to quit 
The calm retreat for toil and strife."

24 As he finished, he turned to the lad, saying, "Have any of the usual people come?"

25 "Liu Bei, the Uncle of the Emperor is here," said the boy. "He has been waiting a long time."

26 "Why did you not tell me?" said he, rising from the couch. "I must dress."

27 Zhuge Liang rose and turned into a room behind to dress. In a short time he reappeared, his clothing properly arranged, to receive his visitor.

28 Then Liu Bei saw coming toward him a young man of medium height with a refined face. He wore a head-wrap and a long crane-white gown. He moved with much dignity as though he was rather more than mortal.

29 Liu Bei bowed, saying, "I am one of the offshoots of the Han family, a simple person from Zhuo. I have long known the Master's fame, which has indeed thundered in my ear. Twice I have come to visit you, without success. Once I left my name on your writing table. You may have my note."

30 Zhuge Liang replied, "This hermit is but a dilatory person by temperament. I know I have to thank you for more than one vain visit, and I am ashamed to think of them."

31 These courteous remarks and the proper bows exchanged, the two men sat in their relative positions as host and guest, and the serving lad brought tea.

32 Then Zhuge Liang said, "From your letter I know that you grieve for both people and government. If I were not so young and if I possessed any talent, I would venture to question you."

33 Liu Bei replied, "Sima Hui 사마휘 and Xu Shu 서서 have both spoken of you. Can it be that their words were vain? I trust, O Master, that you will not despise my worthlessness but will condescend to instruct me."

34 "The two men you speak of are very profound scholars. I am but a peasant, a mere farmer, and who am I that I should talk of empire politics? Those two misled you when they spoke of me. Why do you reject the beautiful jewel for a worthless pebble?"

35 "But your abilities are world embracing and marvelous. How can you be content to allow time to pass while you idle away life in these secluded haunts? I conjure you, O Master, to remember the inhabitants of the empire and remove my crass ignorance by bestowing instruction upon me."

36 "But what is your ambition, General?"

37 Liu Bei moved his seat nearer to his host and said, "The Hans are sinking: Designing ministers steal away their authority. I am weak, yet I desire to restore the state to its right mind. But my ignorance is too vast, my means are too slender, and I know not where to turn. Only you, Master, can lighten my darkness and preserve me from falling. How happy should I be if you would do so!"

38 Zhuge Liang replied, "One bold person after another has arisen in various parts of the empire ever since the days of the rebel Dong Zhuo 동탁. Cao Cao 조조 was not so powerful as Yuan Shao 원소, but he overcame Yuan Shao by seizing the favorable moment and using his soldiers properly. Now he is all-powerful: He rules an immense army and, through his control of the court, the various feudal lords as well. You cannot think of opposing him. Then the Suns 손권 have held their territory in the South Land for three generations. Their position in that old state of Wu may not appear too secure, but they have popularity to appeal to. You can gain support but win no success there.

39 "The Region of Jingzhou 형주 rests on the two Rivers Han 한수 and Mian 면수 to the north, and their interests lie in all to the south of these rivers. On the east they touch Wu 오회, and on the west they extend to the ancient states of Ba and Shu 파촉. This is the area in which decisive battles have to be won, and one must hold it in order to be secure, and Heaven has virtually made it yours.

40 "The Region of Yizhou 익주 in the west is an important place, fertile and extensive, a country favored of Heaven and that through which the Founder of Han 한고조 obtained the empire. Its ruler Liu Zhang 유장 is ignorant and weak. The people are noble and the country prosperous, but he does not know how to hold it all, and all the able people of the region are yearning for an enlightened prince.

41 "As you are a scion of the Family, well known throughout the land as trusty and righteous, a whole-hearted hero, who greatly desires to win the support of the wise, if you get possession of Yizhou and Jingzhou, if on the west you are in harmony with the Rong Tribes, on the south win over the ancient states of Yi and Viet, make an alliance with Sun Quan of Wu, and maintain good government, you can await confidently the day when Heaven shall offer you the desired opportunity. Then you may depute a worthy leader to go to the northeast while you take command of an expedition to the northwest, and will you not find the warmest welcome prepared for you by the people? This done, the completion of the task will be easy. The Hans will be restored. And these are my counsels in all these operations, if you will only undertake them."

42 Zhuge Liang paused while he bade the lad bring out a map. As this was unrolled Zhuge Liang went on, "There you see the fifty-four counties of the west. Should you wish to take the overlordship, you will yield the Heaven's favor to Cao Cao in the north, and you will relinquish the Earth's advantage to Sun Quan 손권 in the south. You, General, will hold the Human's heart and complete the trinity. Jingzhou 형주 is to be taken first as a home, the River Lands next for the foundation of domination. When you are firmly established, you can lay your plans for the attainment of the whole empire."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,