삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 043-04 제갈량의 설득

於是黃蓋與魯肅引孔明入;至中門,正遇諸葛瑾,孔明施禮。瑾曰:「賢弟既到江東,如何不來見我?」孔明曰:「弟既事豫州,理宜先公後私,公事未畢,不敢及私。望兄見諒。」瑾曰:「賢弟見過吳侯,卻來敘話。」說罷自去。

魯肅曰:「適間所囑,不可有誤。」孔明點頭應諾。引至堂上,孫權降階而迎,優禮相待。施禮畢,賜孔明坐。眾文武分兩行而立。魯肅立於孔明之側,只看他講話。孔明致玄德之意畢,偷眼看孫權:碧眼紫鬚,堂堂儀表。孔明暗思:「此人相貌非常,只可激,不可說。等他問時,用言激之便了。」

獻茶已畢,孫權曰:「多聞魯子敬談足下之才,今幸得相見,敢求教益。」孔明曰:「不才無學,有辱明問。」權曰:「足下近在新野,佐劉豫州與曹操決戰,必深知彼軍虛實。」孔明曰:「劉豫州兵微將寡,更兼新野城小無糧,安能與曹操相持?」權曰:「曹兵共有多少?」孔明曰:「馬步水軍,約有一百餘萬。」權曰:「莫非詐乎?」孔明曰:「非詐也。曹操就兗州已有青州軍二十萬;平了袁紹,又得五六十萬;中原新招之兵三四十萬;今又得荊州之軍二三十萬:以此計之,不下一百五十萬。亮以百萬言之,恐驚江東之士也。」

魯肅在旁,聞言失色,以目視孔明;孔明只做不見,權曰:「曹操部下戰將,還有多少?」孔明曰:「足智多謀之士,能征慣戰之將,何止一二千人!」權曰:「今曹操平了荊楚,復有遠圖乎?」孔明曰:「即今沿江下寨,準備戰船,不欲圖江東,待取何地?」權曰:「若彼有吞併之意,戰與不戰,請足下為我一決。」孔明曰:「亮有一言,但恐將軍不肯聽從。」權曰:「願聞高論。」孔明曰:「向者宇內大亂,故將軍起江東,劉豫州收眾漢南,與曹操並爭天下。今操芟除大難,略已平矣;近又新破荊州,威震海內;縱有英雄,無用武之地:故豫州遁逃至此。願將軍量力而處之。若能以吳越之眾,與中國抗衡,不如早與之絕;若其不能,何不從眾謀士之論,按兵束甲,北面而事之?」

權未及答。孔明又曰:「將軍外託服從之名,內懷疑貳之見,事急而不斷,禍至無日矣。」權曰:「誠如君言,劉豫州何不降操?」孔明曰:「昔田橫齊之壯士耳,猶守義不辱,況劉豫州王室之冑,英才蓋世,眾士仰慕?事之不濟,此乃天也,又安能屈處人下乎?」

孫權聽了孔明此言,不覺勃然變色,拂衣而起,退入後堂。眾皆哂笑而散。

72 As Huang Gai 황개 and Lu Su 노숙 led the guest toward their master's apartments, they met his brother Zhuge Jin 제갈근. Zhuge Liang 제갈량 saluted him with the deference due to an elder brother.

73 Zhuge Jin said, "Why have you not been to see me, brother?"

74 "I am now in the service of Liu Bei of Yuzhou, and it is right that public affairs precede private obligations. I cannot attend to any private matters till my work is done. You must pardon me, brother."

75 "After you have seen Marquis Sun Quan, you will come and tell me your news," said he as he left.

76 As they went along to the audience chamber, Lu Su again cautioned Zhuge Liang against any rash speech, saying, "Do not tell the magnitude of Cao Cao's forces. Please remember."

77 The latter nodded but made no other reply. When they reached the hall, Sun Quan came down the steps to welcome his guests and was extraordinarily gracious. After the mutual salutations, the guest was given a chair while the Marquis' officials were drawn up in two lines, on one side the civil, on the other the military. Lu Su stood beside Zhuge Liang and listened to his introductory speech.

78 As Zhuge Liang spoke of Liu Bei's intentions, he glanced up at his host. He noted the green eyes and purple beard and the dignified commanding air of the man and thought within himself, "Certainly in appearance this is no common man. He is one to be incited perhaps, but not to be persuaded. It will be better to see what he has to say first, then I will try to stir him to action."

79 The serving of tea being now finished, Sun Quan began with the usual gracious ceremonial expressions.

80 "Lu Su has often spoken of your genius," said the host. "It is a great pleasure to meet you. I trust you will confer upon me the advantage of your instruction."

81 "I am neither clever nor learned," was the reply. "It humiliates me to hear such words."

82 "You have been at Xinye lately, and you helped your master to fight that decisive battle with Cao Cao, so you must know exactly the measure of his military strength."

83 "My master's army was small and his generals were few; the city was paltry and lacked supplies. Hence no stand could be made against such a force as Cao Cao had."

84 "How many has he in all?"

85 "Horse and foot, land and marine, he has a million."

86 "Is there not some doubt about that?" said Sun Quan, surprised.

87 "None whatever. When Cao Cao went to Yanzhou 연주, he had the two hundred thousand soldiers of Qingzhou 청주. He gained five or six hundred thousand more when Yuan Shao 원소 fell. He has three or four hundred thousand troops newly recruited in the capital 중원. Lately he has acquired two or three hundred thousand troops in Jingzhou 형주. And if these be reckoned up, the total is not less than a million and a half. Hence I said a million for I was afraid of frightening your officers."

88 Lu Su 노숙 was much disturbed and turned pale. He looked meaningfully at the bold speaker, but Zhuge Liang would not see. Sun Quan went on to ask if his archenemy had a corresponding number of leaders.

89 "Cao Cao has enough administrators and strategists to control such a host, and his capable and veteran leaders are more than a thousand; perhaps more than two thousand."

90 "What will be Cao Cao's next move now that he has overcome Jingzhou?"

91 "He is camped along the river, and he has collected a fleet. If he does not intend to invade the South Land, what can his intentions be?"

92 "Since that is his intention, it is a case of fight or not fight. I wish you would decide that for me."

93 "I have something I could say, but I fear, Sir, you would not care to hear it."

94 "I am desirous of hearing your most valuable opinion."

95 "Strife has prevailed for a long time; and so you have raised your army in the South Land 강동 and Liu Bei collected his forces south of the Han River 한남 to act in contest for the empire against Cao Cao. Now Cao Cao has overcome most of his difficulties, and his recent conquest of Jingzhou has won him great and wide renown. Though there might be one bold enough to tackle him, yet there is no foothold for such. That is how Liu Bei has been forced to come here. But, General, I wish you to measure your forces and decide whether you can venture to meet Cao Cao and that without loss of time. If you cannot, then follow the advice of your councilors: Cease your military preparations and yield, turn your face to the north and serve."

96 Sun Quan did not reply. But his guest went on, "You have the reputation of being reasonable, but I know also you are inclined to hesitate. Still this matter is most important, and evil will be quickly upon you if you do not decide."

97 Then replied Sun Quan, "If what you say represents the actual conditions, why does not Liu Bei yield?"

98 "Well, you know Tian Heng 전횡, that hero of the state of Qi: His character was too noble for him to submit to any shame. It is necessary to remember that Liu Bei also is an off-shoot from the Dynastic Family, beside being a man of great renown. Everyone looks up to him. His lack of success is simply the will of Heaven, but manifestly he could not bow the knee to anyone." see also, Tian Heng

99 These last words touched Sun Quan to the quick, and he could not control his anger. He shook out his sleeves, rose, and left the audience chamber. Those present smiled at each other as they dispersed.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,