삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 044-05 손권의 결단

周瑜回到下處,便請孔明議事。孔明至。瑜曰:「今日府下公議已定,願求破曹良策。」孔明曰:「孫將軍心尚未穩,不可以決策也。」瑜曰:「何謂心不穩?」孔明曰:「心怯曹兵之多,懷寡不敵眾之意;將軍以軍數開解,使其了然無疑,然後大事可成。」瑜曰:「先生之論甚善。」

乃復入見孫權。權曰:「公瑾夜至,必有事故。」瑜曰:「來日調撥軍馬,主公心有疑否?」權曰:「但憂曹操兵多,寡不敵眾耳。他無所疑。」瑜笑曰:「瑜正為此,特來開解主公。主公因見操檄文,言水陸大軍百萬,故懷疑懼,不復料其虛實。今以實較之:彼將中國之兵,不過十五六萬,且已久疲,所得袁氏之眾,亦止七八萬耳,尚多懷疑未服。未以久疲之卒,狐疑之眾,其數雖多,不足畏也。瑜得五萬兵,自足破之。願主公勿以為慮。」權撫瑜背曰:「公瑾此言,足釋吾疑。子布無謀,深失孤望。獨卿及子敬與孤同心耳。卿可與子敬、程普,即日選軍前進。孤當續發人馬,多載資糧,為卿後應。卿前軍倘不如意,便還就孤。孤當親與曹賊決戰,更無他疑。」

周瑜謝出,暗忖曰:「孔明早已料著吳侯之心。其計畫又高我一頭。久必為江東之患,不如殺之。」乃令人連夜請魯肅入帳,言欲殺孔明之事。肅曰:「不可。今操賊未破,先殺賢士,是自去其助也。」瑜曰:「此人助劉備,必為江東之患。」肅曰:「諸葛瑾乃其親兄,可令招此人同事東吳,豈不妙哉?」

瑜善其言。次日平明,瑜赴行營,升中軍帳高坐。左右立刀斧手,聚集文官武將聽令。原來程普年長於瑜,今瑜爵居其上,心中不樂;是日乃託病不出,令長子程咨自代。瑜令眾將曰:「王法無親,諸君各守乃職。方今曹操弄權,甚於董卓囚天子於許昌,屯暴兵於境上。吾今奉命討之,諸君幸皆努力向前。大軍到處,不得擾民。賞勞罰罪,並不徇縱。」

令畢,即差韓當、黃蓋,為前部先鋒,領本部戰船,即日起行,前至三江口下寨,別聽將令;蔣欽、周泰,為第二隊;凌統、潘璋,為第三隊;太史慈、呂蒙,為第四隊;陸遜、董襲為第五隊;呂範、朱治為四方巡警使。催督六隊官軍,水陸並進,剋期取齊。

89 When Zhou Yu reached his own place, he sent for Zhuge Liang to consult over the business in hand. He told Zhuge Liang of the decision that had been taken and asked for a plan of campaign.

90 "But your master has not yet made up his mind," said Zhuge Liang. "Till he has, no plan can be decided upon."

91 "What do you mean?"

92 "In his heart, Sun Quan is still fearful of Cao Cao's numbers and frets over the inequality of the two armies. You will have to explain away those numbers and bring him to a final decision before anything can be effected."

93 "What you say is excellent," said Zhou Yu, and he went to the palace that night to see his master.

94 Sun Quan said, "You must have something of real importance to say if you come like this at night."

95 Zhou Yu said, "I am making my dispositions tomorrow. You have quite made up your mind?"

96 "The fact is," said Sun Quan, "I still feel nervous about the disparity of numbers. Surely we are too few. That is really all I feel doubtful about."

97 "It is precisely because you have this one remaining doubt that I am come. And I will explain. Cao Cao's letter speaks of a million of marines, and so you feel doubts and fears and do not wait to consider the real truth. Let us examine the case thoroughly. We find that he has of central regions' soldiers, say, some one hundred fifty thousand troops, and many of them are sick. He only got seventy or eighty thousand northern soldiers from Yuan Shao, and many of those are of doubtful loyalty. Now these sick men and these men of doubtful loyalty seem a great many, but they are not at all fearsome. I could smash them with fifty thousand soldiers. You, my lord, have no further anxiety."

98 Sun Quan patted his general on the back, saying, "You have explained my difficulty and relieved my doubts. Zhang Zhao is a fool who constantly bars my expeditions. Only you and Lu Su have any real understanding of my heart. Tomorrow you and Lu Su and Cheng Pu will start, and I shall have a strong reserve ready with plentiful supplies to support you. If difficulties arise, you can at once send for me, and I will engage with my own army."

99 Zhou Yu left. But in his innermost heart, he said to himself, "If that Zhuge Liang can gauge my master's thoughts so very accurately, he is too clever for me and will be a danger. He will have to be put out of the way."

100 Zhou Yu sent a messenger over to Lu Su to talk over this last scheme. When he had laid it bare, Lu Su did not favor it.

101 "No, no," said Lu Su, "it is self-destruction to make away with your ablest officer before Cao Cao shall have been destroyed."

102 "But Zhuge Liang will certainly help Liu Bei to our disadvantage."

103 "Try what his brother Zhuge Jin 제갈근 can do to persuade him. It would be an excellent thing to have these two in our service."

104 "Yes, indeed," replied Zhou Yu.

105 Next morning at dawn, Zhou Yu went to his camp and took his seat in the council tent. The armed guards took up their stations right and left, and the officers ranged themselves in lines to listen to the orders.

106 Now Cheng Pu 정보, who was older than Zhou Yu 주유 but was made second in command, was very angry at being passed over, so he made a pretense of indisposition and stayed away from this assembly. But he sent his eldest son, Cheng Zi 정자, to represent him.

107 Zhou Yu addressed the gathering, saying, "The law knows no partiality, and you will all have to attend to your several duties. Cao Cao is now more absolute than ever was Dong Zhuo 동탁, and the Emperor is really a prisoner in Xuchang, guarded by the most cruel soldiers. We have a command to destroy Cao Cao, and with your willing help we shall advance. The army must cause no hardship to the people anywhere. Rewards for good service and punishments for faults shall be given impartially."

108 Having delivered this charge, Zhou Yu told off Han Dang 한당 and Huang Gai 황개 as Leaders of the Van, and ordered the ships under their own command to get under way and go to the Three Gorges 삼강구. They would get orders by and bye. Then he appointed four armies with two leaders over each: The first body was under Jiang Qin 장흠 and Zhou Tai 주태; the second, Pan Zhang 반장 and Ling Tong 능통; the third, Taishi Ci 태사자 and Lu Meng 여몽; the fourth, Lu Xun 육손 and Dong Xi 동습. Lu Fan 여범 and Zhu Zhi 주치 were appointed inspectors, to move from place to place and keep the various units up to their work and acting with due regard to the general plan. Land and marine forces were to move simultaneously. The expedition would soon start.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,