삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 050-04 목숨을 구걸하는 조조

曹操既脫華容之難,行至谷口,回顧所隨軍兵,止有二十七騎。比及天晚,已近南郡,火把齊明,一簇人馬攔路。操大驚曰:「吾命休矣!」只見一群哨馬衝到,方認得是曹仁軍馬。操纔心安。曹仁接著,言:「雖知兵敗,不敢遠離,只得在附近迎接。」操曰:「幾與汝不相見也!」

於是引眾入南郡安歇。隨後張遼也到,說雲長之德。操點將校中傷者極多,操皆令將息。曹仁置酒與操解悶。眾謀士俱在座。操忽仰天大慟。眾謀士曰:「丞相於虎窟中逃難之時,全無懼怯;今到城中,人已得食,馬已得料,正須整頓軍馬復仇,何反痛哭?」操曰:「吾哭郭奉孝耳!若奉孝在,決不使吾有此大失也!」遂搥胸大哭曰:「哀哉,奉孝!痛哉,奉孝!惜哉,奉孝!」眾謀士皆默然自慚。

次日,操喚曹仁曰:「吾今暫回許都,收拾軍馬,必來報讎。汝可保全南郡。吾有一計,密留在此,非急休開,急則開之。依計而行,使東吳不敢正視南郡。」仁曰:「合淝,襄陽,誰可保守?」操曰:「荊州託汝管領;襄陽吾已撥夏侯惇守把。合淝最為緊要之地,吾命張遼為主將,樂進,李典為副將,保守此地。但有緩急,飛報將來。」

操分撥已定,遂上馬引眾奔回許昌。荊州原降文武各官,依舊帶回許昌調用。曹仁自遺曹洪據守彝陵,南郡,以防周瑜。

卻說關雲長放了曹操,引軍自回。此時諸路軍馬,皆得馬匹、器械、錢糧,已回夏口;獨雲長不獲一人一騎,空身回見玄德。孔明正與玄德作賀,忽報雲長至。孔明忙離坐席,執盃相迎曰:「且喜將軍立此蓋世之功,與普天下除大害。合宜遠慶賀。」

雲長默然。孔明曰:「將軍莫非因吾等不曾遠接,故而不樂?」回顧左右曰:「汝等緣何不先報?」雲長曰:「關某特來請死。」孔明曰:「莫非曹操不曾容道上來?」雲長曰:「是從那裏來。關某無能,因此被他走脫。」孔明曰:「拏得甚將士來?」雲長曰:「皆不曾拏。」孔明曰:「此是雲長想曹操昔日之恩,故意放了。但既有軍令狀在此,不得不按軍法。」遂叱武士推出斬之。正是:

拚將一死酬知已,玫令千秋仰義名。

未知雲長性命如何,且看下文分解。

80 Having escaped this danger, Cao Cao hastened to get out of the valley. As the throat opened out, he glanced behind him and saw only forty-seven horsemen. As evening fell, they reached Jiangling 강릉, and they came upon an army that they took to be more enemies.

81 Cao Cao thought the end had surely come, but to his delight they were his own soldiers and he regained all his confidence.

82 Cao Ren 조인, who was the leader, said, "I heard of your misfortunes, my lord, but I was afraid to venture far from my charge, else I would have met you before."

83 "I thought I would never see you again," said Cao Cao.

84 The fugitives found repose in the city, where Zhang Liao 장요 soon joined them. He also praised the magnanimity of Guan Yu.

85 When Cao Cao mustered the miserable remnant of his officers, he found nearly all were wounded and he bade them rest. Cao Ren poured the wine of consolation whereby his master might forget his sorrows.

86 As Cao Cao drank among his familiars, he became exceedingly sad.

87 Wherefore they said, "O Prime Minister, when you were in the cave of the tiger and trying to escape, you showed no sign of sorrow. Now that you are safe in a city, where you have food and the horses have forage, where all you have to do is to prepare for revenge, suddenly you lose heart and grieve. Why thus?"

88 Replied Cao Cao, "I am thinking of my friend Guo Jia 곽가: Had he been alive, he would not have let me suffer this loss."

89 He beat his breast and wept, saying, "Alas for Guo Jia! I grieve for Guo Jia! I sorrow for Guo Jia!"

90 The reproach shamed the advisers, who were silent.

91 Next day Cao Cao called Cao Ren and said, "I am going to the capital 허도 to prepare another army for revenge. You are to guard this region and, in case of necessity, I leave with you a sealed plan. You are only to open the cover when hard-pressed, and then you are to act as directed. The South Land will not dare to look this way."

92 "Who is to guard Hefei 합비 and Xiangyang 양양?"

93 "Jingzhou 형주 is particularly your care, and Xiahou Dun 하후돈 is to hold Xiangyang. As Hefei is most important, I am sending Zhang Liao 장요 thither with good aids of Li Dian 이전 and Yue Jing 악진. If you get into difficulties, send at once to tell me."

94 Having made these dispositions, Cao Cao set off at once with a few followers. He took with him the officers who had come over to his side when Jingzhou fell into his hands.

95 Cao Ren placed Cao Hong 조홍 in charge of Yiling 이릉 and Jiangling.

96 After having allowed the escape of Cao Cao, Guan Yu found his way back to headquarters. By this time the other detachments had returned bringing spoil of horses and weapons and supplies of all kinds. Only Guan Yu came back empty-handed. When he arrived, Zhuge Liang was with his brother congratulating him on his success. When Guan Yu was announced, Zhuge Liang got up and went to welcome him, bearing a cup of wine.

97 "Joy! O General," said Zhuge Liang. "You have done a deed that overtops the world. You have removed the empire's worst foe and ought to have been met at a distance and felicitated."

98 Guan Yu muttered inaudibly, and Zhuge Liang continued, "I hope it is not because we have omitted to welcome you on the road that you seem sad."

99 Turning to those about him, Zhuge Liang said, "Why did you not tell us Guan Yu was coming?"

100 "I am here to ask for death," said Guan Yu.

101 "Surely Cao Cao came through the valley?"

102 "Yes, he came that way. But I could not help it: I let him go."

103 "Then whom have you captured?"

104 "No one."

105 "Then you remembered the old kindness of Cao Cao and so allowed him to escape. But your acceptance of the task with its conditions is here. You will have to suffer the penalty."

106 Zhuge Liang called in the lictors and told them to take away Guan Yu and put him to death.

Guan Yu risked life when he spared 
Cao Cao in direst need, 
And age-long admiration gained 
For kindly deed.

108 What actually befell will he seen in the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,