삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 073-06 한중왕 현덕 

須臾,夏侯存軍至,見了雲長,大怒,便與雲長交鋒;只一合,被雲長砍死。翟元便走,被關平趕上,一刀斬之。乘勢追殺,曹兵大半死於襄江之中。曹仁退守樊城。

雲長得了襄陽,賞軍撫民。隨軍司馬王甫曰:「將軍一鼓而下襄陽,曹兵雖然喪膽,然以愚意論之:今東吳,呂蒙屯兵陸口,常有吞併荊州之意;倘率兵逕取荊州,如何奈之?」雲長曰:「吾亦念及此。汝便可提調此事:去沿江上下,或二十里,或三十里,選高阜處置一烽火臺。每臺用五十軍守之。倘吳兵渡江,夜則明火,晝則舉煙為號。吾當親往擊之。」

王甫曰:「糜芳、傅士仁守二隘口,恐不竭力;必須再得一人以總督荊州。」雲長曰:「吾已差治中潘濬守之,有何慮焉?」甫曰:「潘濬平生多忌而好利,不可任用。可差軍前都督糧料官趙累代之。趙累為人忠誠廉直,若用此人,萬無一失。」雲長曰:「吾素知潘濬為人,今既差定,不必更改。趙累現掌糧料,亦是重事。汝勿多疑,只與我築烽火臺去。」王甫怏怏拜辭而行。雲長令關平準備船隻渡襄江,攻打樊城。

卻說曹仁折了二將,退守樊城,謂滿寵曰:「不聽公言,兵敗將亡,失卻襄陽,如之奈何?」寵曰:「雲長虎將,足智多謀,不可輕敵,只宜堅守。」

正言間,人報雲長渡江而來,攻打樊城。仁大驚。寵曰:「只宜堅守。」部將呂常奮然曰:「某乞兵數千,願當來軍於襄江之內。」寵諫曰:「不可。」呂常怒曰:「據汝等文官之言,只宜堅守,何能退敵?豈不聞兵法云:『軍半渡可擊。』?今雲長半渡襄江,何不擊之?若兵臨城下,將至壕邊,急難抵當矣。」

仁即與兵二千,令呂常出樊城迎戰。呂常來至江口,只見前面繡旗開處,雲長橫刀出馬。呂常卻欲來迎。後面眾軍見雲長神威凜凜,不戰先走,呂常喝止不住。雲長混殺過來,曹兵大敗,馬步軍折其大半。敗殘軍奔入樊城,曹仁急差人求救。使命星夜至長安,將書呈上曹操,言:「雲長破了襄陽,現圍樊城甚急;望撥大將前來救援。」

曹操指班部內一人而言曰:「汝可去解樊城之圍。」其人應聲而出。眾視之,乃于禁也。禁曰:「某求一將作先鋒,領兵同去。」操又問眾人曰:「誰敢作先鋒?」一人奮然出曰:「某願施犬馬之勞,生擒關某,獻於麾下。」操視之大喜。正是:

未見東吳來伺隙,先看北魏又添兵

未知此人是誰,且看下文分解。

91 Then Xiahou Cun came. He fell into a rage at the sight of the old warrior and went to fight him. But Xiahou Cun was slain in the first encounter. Zhai Yuan fled, but Guan Ping pursued and slew him. Then the pursuit was continued, and the loss of Cao Cao's side was very heavy. More than half were drowned in River Xiang. Seeing the situation was desperate, Cao Ren fled to Fancheng. Guan Yu got possession of Xiangyang.

92 "You have obtained this city very easily," said the Marching General, Wang Fu, "but the task is not ended. Cao Cao's army have been beaten and their courage broken, but there is danger from the side of Wu. Lu Meng is at Lukou, and he has long cherished the desire to lay hands on Jingzhou. Suppose he now attacks: What will happen?"

93 "I was even thinking of that myself. You may go and attend to this matter. You will certainly be able to find certain elevated spots on the river bank, about seven miles apart, suitable for alarm beacons, whence could be signaled any attempt of the marines of Wu to cross the river. Fifty soldiers could guard each station. Let there be a flame by night and a smoke by day. If they cross the river, I must go and smite them."

94 Wang Fu replied, "Fu Shiren and Mi Fang are defending important places, but they may not be able to defend the Passes well. There ought to be a commander-in-chief over Jingzhou City."

95 "There is no need for anxiety. Army Inspector Pan Jun is guarding the city."

96 "The objection is the character of Pan Jun. He is jealous and selfish and not a fit person for the task. I think you would do well to replace him by Zhao Lei, now of the Chief of the Commissariat. Zhao Lei is loyal, trusty, clean-handed, and straight, a much more desirable man for the post."

97 "I know Pan Jun very well, but I have delegated him for that duty and cannot change now. The work Zhao Lei has to do in the supplies is also most important. I do not think you need be anxious. Just get along with those beacons for me."

98 Wang Fu, disappointed, took his leave.

99 Then Guan Ping was bidden to prepare ships ready to cross the river and attack Fancheng, whither Cao Ren had retired after his defeat.

100 Now Cao Ren said to Man Chong, "Neglecting your advice, I lost soldiers, two generals, and the city of Xiangyang. What am I to do now?"

101 "Guan Yu is very dangerous, too brave and skillful for us to try to defeat. We had better remain on the defensive," replied Man Chong.

102 Just about this time came the tidings that Guan Yu was crossing the river on the way to attack. Man Chong maintained his policy of defense. But one of Cao Ren's generals, Lu Chang, was for going out to meet the enemy.

103 "I ask for a few thousand troops," said Lu Chang, "and I will meet the enemy on the way."

104 "You cannot do any good," said Man Chong.

105 "According to the advice of you and the other bookish officials, there is only one thing to do. But will defense drive off the enemy? The proper way is to attack your enemy while he is crossing a river, and as Guan Yu is doing that now, why not attack? It will be quite another matter if you let him reach the walls and get possession of the moat."

106 As a result of his arguments and protest, Lu Chang got command of two thousand troops, whom he led to the river. And there he found Guan Yu already arrayed for battle. Guan Yu at once rode out, and the bold Lu Chang was going to attack him. But his soldiers were panic-stricken at the sight of Guan Yu's fierce countenance and ran away. Lu Chang called them to come back, but they would not stop, and as Guan Yu came on with a rush, the army of Wei again lost the day. Many were slain, and the remainder ran into Fancheng. Cao Ren sent off a hasty messenger for help and a letter to Xuchang to tell what Guan Yu had done and how Fancheng was in imminent danger of falling.

107 The letter reached Cao Cao, who chose a certain general among his leaders and assigned the task, "You go and defend Fancheng!"

108 The man at once stepped out and accepted the assignment. He was Yu Jin.

109 "Let me have another general to lead the van," said Yu Jin.

110 "Who volunteers?" asked Cao Cao, looking around.

111 "I do!" cried a man, "I will give my poor services for what they are worth. And I will capture this fellow Guan Yu and bring him as an offering before your standard."

112 The soldiers of Wei began the war 
Even before Wu had sent out armies.

113 But who was the man bold enough to say he would capture Guan Yu? For his name see the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,