삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 086-01 촉과 오의 연합작전

第八十六回 難張溫秦宓逞天辯 破曹丕徐盛用火攻

Using Words, Qin Mi Overcomes Zhang Wen;
Setting Fire, Xu Sheng Defeats Cao Pi.

卻說東吳陸遜自退魏兵之後,吳王拜遜為輔國將軍江陵侯,領荊州牧;自此軍權皆歸於遜。張昭、顧雍啟奏吳王,請自改元。權從之,遂改為黃武元年。忽報魏主遣使至,權召入。使命陳說:「蜀前使人求於魏,魏一時不明,故發兵應之;今已大悔,欲起四路兵取川,東吳可來接應。若得蜀土,各分一半。」

權聞言,不能決,乃問於張昭、顧雍等。昭曰:「陸伯言極有高見,可問之。」權即召陸遜至。遜至,奏曰:「曹丕坐鎮中原,急不可圖;今若不從,必為讎矣。臣料魏與吳皆無諸葛亮之敵手。今且勉強應允,整軍預備,只探聽四路如何。若四路兵勝,川中危急,諸葛亮首尾不能救,主上則發兵以應之,先取成都,此為上策;如四路兵敗,別作商議。」

權從之,乃謂魏使曰:「軍需未辦,擇日便當起程。」使者拜辭而去。權令人探得西番兵出西平關,見了馬超,不戰自退;南蠻孟獲起兵攻四郡,皆被魏延用疑兵計殺退回洞去了;上庸孟達兵至半路,忽然染病不能行;曹真兵出陽平關,趙子龍拒住各處險道,果然一將守關,萬夫莫開---。曹真屯兵於斜谷道,不能取勝而回。

孫權知了此信,乃謂文武曰:「陸伯言真神算也。孤若妄動,又結怨於西蜀矣。」忽報西蜀遣鄧芝到。張昭曰:「此又是諸葛亮退兵之計,遣鄧芝為說客也。」權曰「當何以答之?」昭曰:「先於殿前立一大鼎盛,貯油數百斤,下用炭燒。待其油沸,可選身長面大武士一千人,各執刀在手,從宮門前直排至殿上,卻喚芝入見。休等此人開言下說詞,責以酈食其說齊故事,效此例烹之,看其人如何對答。」

權從其言,遂立油鼎,命武士立於左右,各執軍器,召鄧芝入。芝整衣冠而入。行至宮門前,只見兩行武士,威風凜凜,各持鋼刀、大斧、長劍、短戟,直列至殿前。芝曉其意,並無懼色,昂然而行。至殿前,又見鼎鑊內熱油正沸。左右武士以目視之,芝但微微而笑。近臣引至簾前,鄧芝長揖不拜。

權令捲起珠簾,大喝曰:「何不拜!」芝昂然而答曰:「上國天使,不拜小邦之主。」權大怒曰:「汝不自料,欲掉三寸之舌,效酈生說齊乎?可速入油鼎!」芝大笑曰:「人皆言東吳多賢,誰想懼一儒生!」權轉怒曰:「孤何懼爾一匹夫耶?」芝曰:「既不懼鄧伯苗,何愁來說汝等也?」權曰:「爾欲為諸葛亮作說客,來說孤絕魏向蜀,是否?」芝曰:「吾乃蜀中一儒生,特為吳國利害而來。乃設兵陳鼎,以拒一使,何其局量之不能容物耶?」

1 After his recent exploits, Lu Xun became the one hero of Wu. He was given the title General Who Upholds the State, was ennobled as Lord of Jiangling, and received the Governorship of Jingzhou. He became Supreme Commander of all the military forces.

2 Zhang Zhao and Gu Yong, thinking the moment opportune for enhancing their lord's dignity, sent in a memorial proposing that his rule should be designated by a distinctive style, and Sun Quan assumed “Yellow Might Era” as his reign style (AD 222).

3 Then arrived a messenger from Wei, and he was called in to an assembly and bidden to state his business.

4 The messenger said, "Recently Shu sent to Wei for help, and, the situation being misunderstood, the Ruler of Wei dispatched a force against Wu. Now this action is greatly regretted. In Wei it is thought desirable to set four armies in motion against Shu to capture it. Now if Wu will assist, and success crowns these efforts, Wei and Wu will share the conquered territory."

5 Sun Quan listened, but was not prepared to give a decided answer. He betook himself to his counselors, Zhang Zhao and Gu Yong.

6 They said, "Lu Xun is the man of profound knowledge. He should be consulted."

7 So Lu Xun was called, and his speech ran thus: "Cao Pi is too firmly established in the Middle Land to be upset now; and if this offer of his be refused, we shall provoke his enmity. Neither Wei nor Wu, so far as I see, has anyone fit to oppose Zhuge Liang. We must perforce consent and put our army in order. But we can wait till we see how the four armies speed. If Shu seems likely to fall and Zhuge Liang is outmaneuvered, then our army can be dispatched and we will take Capital Chengdu. If the four armies fail, we shall have to consider."

8 So Sun Quan said to the envoy of Wei, "We are not ready at the moment, so we will choose a day to start later."

9 And with this answer the envoy left.

10 Next they made careful inquiries about the success or failure of the four armies against Shu.

11 The spies reported: "The western Qiangs under King Kebi Neng have turned back when they saw Ma Chao in command at Xiping Pass. The southern Mangs led by Meng Huo have been perplexed at the tactics of Wei Yan and have retreated to their territories. The Shangyong leader, Meng Da, have set out, but half way have fallen ill and gone back. And Cao Zhen's army, while marching toward Yangping Pass, have been brought to a halt by the defensive preparations of Zhao Zilong, who has garrisoned every pass and occupied every point of vantage; they have eventually retreated, after being camped in the Xie Valley for some time."

12 Knowing all this, Sun Quan said to his officials, "Lu Xun's words were indeed prophetic; he made most perfect deductions. Any rash action on my part would place me on bad terms with Shu."

13 Just then the coming of an envoy from Shu was announced.

14 Said Zhang Zhao, "This mission is also part of Zhuge Liang's scheme to divert danger from Shu. Deng Zhi has come as envoy."

15 "That being so, how should I reply?" asked Sun Quan.

16 "I will tell you. Set up a large cauldron and pour therein a quantity of oil. Light a fire beneath. When the oil is boiling, choose a goodly company of your tallest and brawniest fighting guards, arm them and draw them up in lines between the Palace gate and your throne room. Then summon Deng Zhi. But before he can say a word, forewarn him that he will have the same fate of being boiled in oil if being guilty of the same sort of treachery as Li Yiji when he was a persuader to the state of Qi. Then see what Deng Zhi will say."

17 Sun Quan followed this advice, and prepared the cauldron of oil and had the strong guards ready. Then he bade them introduce the envoy.

18 Deng Zhi came, his ceremonial dress in perfect order, and advanced as far as the gate. Seeing the grim array of fighting men armed, some with gleaming swords, some with great axes, some with long spears, and some with short knives, he understood at once what was meant, but he never blenched. He advanced quite steadily and bravely till he reached the door of the hall. Even when he saw the boiling cauldron of oil and the savage executioners glaring at him, he only smiled.

19 He was led to the front of the curtain behind which sat the Prince of Wu, and he made the ordinary salutation of raising his extended arms, but he did not bow in obeisance.

20 The Prince bade his attendants roll up the curtain, and called out, "Why do you not make an obeisance?"

21 Deng Zhi replied, "The envoy of the superior state does not make an obeisance to the ruler of a smaller country."

22 "If you do not control that tongue of yours, but will let it wag, you will be like that fellow Li Yiji who went to talk to Qi. You will soon find yourself in the cauldron."

23 Then Deng Zhi laughed aloud, saying, "People say there are many sages in Wu. No one would believe that they would be frightened of a simple scholar."

24 This reply only increased Sun Quan's anger, and he said, "Who fears an unmerited fool like you?"

25 "If you fear not the envoy, why so anxious about what he may have to say?"

26 "Because you come here as spokesman of Zhuge Liang, and you want me to sever with Wei and turn to your country. Is not that your message?"

27 "I am a simple scholar of Shu, and I am come to explain matters to the state of Wu. But here I find armed guards and a boiling cauldron all prepared against an envoy. How can I form any other opinion than that you will not allow me to speak?"

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,