삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 104-03 큰별 떨어지다

是夜,天愁地慘,月色無光,孔明奄然歸天。姜維、楊儀遵孔明遺命,不敢舉哀,依法成殮,安置龕中,令心腹將卒三百人守護;隨傳密令,使魏延斷後,各處營寨一一退去。

卻說司馬懿夜觀天文,見一大星,赤色,光芒有角,自東北方流於西南方,墜於蜀營內,三投再起,隱隱有聲。懿驚喜曰:「孔明死矣!」即傳令起大兵追之。方出寨門,忽又疑慮曰:「孔明善會六丁六甲之法,今見我久不出戰,故以此朮詐死,誘我出耳。今若追之,必中其計。」遂復勒馬回寨不出,只令夏侯霸暗引數十騎,往五丈原山僻哨探消息。

卻說魏延在本寨中,夜作一夢,夢見頭上忽生二角,醒來甚是疑異。次日,行軍司馬趙直至,延請入問曰:「久知足下深明《易》理。吾夜夢頭生二角,不知主何凶吉?煩足下為我決之。」趙直想了半晌,答曰:「此大吉之兆:麒麟頭上有角,蒼龍頭上有角,乃變化飛騰之象也。」延大喜曰:「如應公言,當有重謝!」直辭去,行不數里,正遇尚書費禕。禕問何來。直曰:「適至魏文長營中,文長夢頭生角,令我決其吉凶。此本非吉兆,但恐直言見怪,因以麒麟蒼龍解之。」禕曰:「足下何以知非吉兆?」直曰:「角之字形,乃『刀』下『用』也。今頭上用刀,其凶甚矣!」禕曰:「君且勿泄漏。」直別去。費禕至魏延寨中,屏退左右,告曰:「昨夜三更,丞相已辭世矣。臨終再三囑付,令將軍斷後以當司馬懿,緩緩而退,不可發喪。今兵符在此,便可起兵。」延曰:「何人代理丞相之大事?」禕曰:「丞相一應大事,盡托與楊儀;用兵密法,皆授與姜伯約。此兵符乃楊儀之令也。」延曰:「丞相雖亡,吾今現在。楊儀不過一長史,安能當此大任?他只宜扶柩入川安葬。我自率大兵攻司馬懿,務要成功。豈可因丞相一人而廢國家大事耶?」禕曰:「丞相遺令,教且暫退,不可有違。」延怒曰:「丞相當時若依我計,取長安久矣!吾今官任前將軍、征西大將軍、南鄭侯,安肯與長史斷後!」禕曰「將軍之言雖是,然不可輕動,令敵人恥笑。待吾往見楊儀,以利害說之,令彼將兵權讓與將軍,何如?」延依其言。

禕辭延出寨,急到大寨見楊儀,具述魏延之語。儀曰:「丞相臨終,曾密囑我曰:『魏延必有異志。』今我以兵符往,實欲探其心耳。今果應丞相之言。吾自令伯約斷後可也。」於是楊儀領兵扶柩先行,令姜維斷後;依孔明遺令,徐徐而退。魏延在寨中,不見費禕來回覆,心中疑惑,乃令馬岱引十數騎往探消息。 回報曰:「後軍乃姜維總督,前軍大半退入谷中去了。」延大怒曰:「豎儒安敢欺我!我必殺之!」因顧謂岱曰:「公肯相助否?」岱曰:「某亦素恨楊儀,今愿助將軍攻之。」延大喜,即拔寨引本部兵望南而行。

53 Heaven grieved and earth mourned on the night of Zhuge Liang's death. Even the moon was dimmed, as Zhuge Liang's soul returned to Heaven.

54 As the late commander had directed, Jiang Wei and Yang Yi forbade the mourning of his death. His body was placed in the coffer as he had wished, and three hundred of his trusted leaders and soldiers were appointed to watch it.

55 Secret orders were given to Wei Yan to command the rearguard, and then, one by one, the camps were broken up and the army began its homeward march.

56 Sima Yi watched the skies. One night a large red star with bright rays passed from the northeast to the southwest and dropped over the camps of Shu. It dipped thrice and rose again. Sima Yi heard also a low rumbling in the distance.

57 He was pleased and excited, and said to those about him, "Zhuge Liang is dead!"

58 At once he ordered pursuit with a strong force. But just as he passed his camp gates, doubts filled his mind and he gave up the plan.

59 "Zhuge Liang is a master of mysteries: He can get aids from the Deities of the Six Layers. It may be that this is but a ruse to get us to take the field. We may fall victims to his guile."

60 So he halted. But he sent Xiahou Ba with a few dozen scouts to reconnoiter the enemy's camps.

61 One night as Wei Yan lay asleep in his tent, he dreamed a dream. In his vision two horns grew out of his head. When he awoke he was much perplexed to explain his dream.

62 Marching General Zhao Zhi came to see him, and Wei Yan said, "You are versed in the Book of Changes. I have dreamed that two horns grew upon my head, and would trouble you to expound the dream and tell me its portent."

63 Zhao Zhi thought a moment and replied, "It is an auspicious dream. Dragon and Jilin both have horns on the head. It augurs transformation into an ascending creature."

64 Wei Yan, much pleased, said, "If the dream proves true as you said, I will thank you with very generous gifts."

65 Zhao Zhi left and presently met Fei Yi, who asked whence he came.

66 "From the camp of our friend Wei Yan. He dreamed that he grew horns upon his head, and I have given him an auspicious interpretation. But really it is inauspicious. However, I did not wish to annoy him."

67 "How do you know it is inauspicious?"

68 "The word for horn is composed of two parts, 'knife' above and 'use' below, and so means that there is a knife upon his head. It is a terrible omen."

69 "Keep it secret," said Fei Yi.

70 Then Fei Yi went to the camp of Wei Yan, and when they were alone, he said, "The Prime Minister died last night in the third watch. He left certain final orders, and among them, that you are to command the rearguard to keep Sima Yi at bay while the army retreats. No mourning is to be worn. Here is your authority, so you can march forthwith."

71 "Who is acting in place of the late minister?" asked Wei.

72 "The chief command has been delegated to Yang Yi, but the secret plans of campaign have been entrusted to Jiang Wei. This authority was issued from Yang Yi."

73 Wei Yan replied, "Though the Prime Minister is dead, I am yet alive. Counselor Yang Yi is only a civil officer and unequal to this post. He ought to conduct the coffin home while I lead the army against Sima Yi. I shall achieve success, and it is wrong to abandon a whole plan of campaign because of the death of one man, even if that be the Prime Minister."

74 "The Prime Minister's orders were to retire, and these orders are to be obeyed."

75 "If the Prime Minister had listened to me, we should now have been at Changan. I am the Van Leader, General Who Conquers the West, and Lord of Nanzheng. I am not going to act as rearguard for any civil official," said Wei Yan, angry.

76 "It may be as you say, General, but you must not do anything to make us ridiculous. Let me go back to Yang Yi and explain, and I may be able to persuade him to pass on to you the supreme military authority he holds."

77 Wei Yan agreed, and Fei Yi went back to the main camp and told Yang Yi what had passed.

78 Yang Yi replied, "When near death the Prime Minister confided to me that Wei Yan would turn traitor. I sent him the authority to test him, and now he has discovered himself as the Prime Minister foretold. So I will direct Jiang Wei to command the rearguard."

79 The coffer containing the remains of Zhuge Liang was sent on in advance, and Jiang Wei took up his post to cover the retreat.
80 Meanwhile Wei Yan sat in his tent waiting for the return of Fei Yi and was perplexed at the delay. When the suspense became unbearable, he sent Ma Dai to find out the reason.

81 Ma Dai returned and told him: "Jiang Wei is covering the retreat, and that most of the army has already gone."

82 Wei Yan was furious.

83 "How dare he play with me, the pedantic blockhead?" cried he. "But he shall die for this!"

84 Turning to Ma Dai, Wei Yan said, "Will you help me?"

85 Ma Dai replied, "I have long hated Yang Yi; certainly I am ready to attack him."

86 So Wei Yan broke camp and marched southward.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,