삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 044-01 손권의 결단

第四十四回:孔明用智激周瑜,孫權決計破曹操

Zhuge Liang Stirs Zhou Yu To Actions;
Sun Quan Decides To Attack Cao Cao. 

卻說吳國太見孫權疑惑不決,乃謂之曰:「先姊遺言云:『伯符臨終有言:內事不決問張昭,外事不決問周瑜。』今何不請公瑾問之?」權大喜,即遣使往鄱陽請周瑜議事。原來周瑜在鄱陽湖訓練水師,聞曹操大軍至漢上,便星夜回柴桑郡議軍機事。使者未發,周瑜已先到。魯肅與瑜最厚,先來接著,將前項事細述一番。周瑜曰:「子敬休憂,瑜自有主張。今可速請孔明來相見。」

魯肅上馬去了。周瑜方纔歇息。忽報張昭、顧雍、張紘、步騭四人來相探。瑜接入堂中坐定,敘寒溫畢。張昭曰:「都督知江東之利害否?」瑜曰:「未知也。」昭曰:「曹操擁眾百萬,屯於漢上,昨傳檄文至此,欲請主公會獵於江夏。雖有相吞之意,尚未露其形。昭等勸主公且降之,庶免江東之禍。不想魯子敬從江夏帶劉備軍師諸葛亮至此,彼因自欲雪憤,特下說詞以激主公。子敬卻執迷不悟。正欲待都督一決。」瑜曰:「公等之見皆同否?」顧雍等曰:「所議皆同。」瑜曰:「吾亦欲降久矣。公等請回。明早見主公,自有定議。」

昭等辭去。少頃,又報程普、黃蓋、韓當等一班戰將來見。瑜迎入,各問慰訖。程普曰:「都督知江東早晚屬他人否?」瑜曰:「未知也。」普曰:「吾等自隨孫將軍開基創業,大小數百戰,方纔戰得六郡城池。今主公聽謀士之言,欲降曹操,此真可恥可惜之事。吾等寧死不辱。望都督勸主公決計興兵。吾等願效死戰。」瑜曰:「將軍等所見皆同否?」黃蓋忿然而起,以手拍額曰:「吾頭可斷,誓不降曹!」眾人皆曰:「吾等皆不願降。」瑜曰:「吾正欲與曹操決戰,安肯投降?將軍等請回。瑜見主公,自有定議。」

程普等別去。又未幾,諸葛瑾、呂範等一班兒文官相候。瑜迎入,講禮畢。諸葛瑾曰:「舍弟諸葛亮自漢上來,言劉豫州欲結東吳,共伐曹操,文武商議未定。因舍弟為使,瑾不敢多言,專候都督來決此事。」瑜曰:「以公論之若何?」瑾曰:「降者易安,戰者難保。」周瑜笑曰:「瑜自有主張。來日同至府下定議。」

瑾等辭退。忽又報呂蒙、甘寧等一班兒來見。瑜請入,亦敘談此事。有要戰者,有要降者,互相爭論。瑜曰:「不必多言,來日都到府下公議。」眾乃辭去。周瑜冷笑不止。

1 The dying message which Lady Wu 오국태 recalled to Sun Quan's memory was, "For internal matters consult Zhang Zhao 장소; for external policy Zhou Yu 주유."

2 Wherefore Zhou Yu was summoned.

3 But Zhou Yu was already on the way. He had been training his naval forces on Poyang Lake 파양호 when he heard of the approach of Cao Cao's hosts and had started for Chaisang 시상군 without loss of time. So, before the messenger ordered to call him could start, he had already arrived. As he and Lu Su 노숙 were close friends, the latter went to welcome him and told him of all that had happened.

4 "Have no anxiety," said Zhou Yu. "I shall be able to decide this. But go quickly and beg Zhuge Liang to come to see me."

5 So Lu Su went to seek out Zhuge Liang.

6 Zhou Yu had many other visitors. First came Zhang Zhao 장소, Zhang Hong 장굉, Gu Yong 고옹, and Bu Zhi 보즐 to represent their faction to find out what might be afoot.

7 They were received, and after the exchange of the usual commonplaces, Zhang Zhao said, "Have you heard of our terrible danger?"

8 "I have heard nothing," said Zhou Yu.

9 "Cao Cao and his hordes are encamped up the Han River. He has just sent letters asking our lord to hunt with him in Jiangxia 강하. He may have a desire to absorb this country but, if so, the details of his designs are still secret. We prayed our master to give in his submission and so avoid the horrors of war, but now Lu Su has returned bringing with him the Directing Instructor of Liu Bei's army, Zhuge Liang. Zhuge Liang, desiring to avenge himself for the recent defeat, has talked our lord into a mind for war, and Lu Su persists in supporting that policy. They only await your final decision."

10 "Are you all unanimous in your opinions?"

11 "We are perfectly unanimous," said Zhang Zhao.

12 Zhou Yu said, "The fact is I have also desired to submit for a long time. I beg you to leave me now, and tomorrow we will see our master, and I shall make up his mind for him."

13 So they took their leave. Very soon came the military party led by Cheng Pu 정보, Huang Gai 황개, and Han Dang 한당. They were admitted and duly inquired after their host's health.

14 Then the leader Cheng Pu said, "Have you heard that our country is about to pass under another's government?"

15 "No, I have heard nothing," replied the host.

16 "We helped General Sun Quan to establish his authority here and carve out this kingdom, and to gain that end we fought many a battle before we conquered the country. Now our lord lends his ear to his civil officers and desires to submit himself to Cao Cao. This is a most shameful and pitiful course, and we would rather die than follow it. So we hope you will decide to fight, and you may depend upon our struggling to the last person."

17 "And are you unanimous, Generals?" asked Zhou Yu.

18 Huang Gai suddenly started up and smote his forehead, saying, "They may take my head, but I swear never to surrender."

19 "Not one of us is willing to surrender," cried all the others.

20 "My desire also is to decide matters with Cao Cao on the battlefield. How could we think of submission? Now I pray you retire, Generals, and when I see our lord, I will settle his doubts."

21 So the war party left. They were quickly succeeded by Zhuge Jin 제갈근, Lu Fan 여범, and their faction.

22 They were brought in and, after the usual courtesies, Zhuge Jin said, "My brother has come down the river saying that Liu Bei desires to ally himself with our lord against Cao Cao. The civil and military hold different opinions as to the course to be pursued. But as my brother is so deeply concerned, I am unwilling to say much on either side. We are awaiting your decision."

23 "And what do you think about it?" asked Zhou Yu.

24 "Submission is an easy road to tranquillity, while the result of war is hard to foretell."

25 Zhou Yu smiled, "I shall have my mind made up. Come tomorrow to the palace, and the decision shall be announced."

26 The trimmers took their leave. But soon after came Lu Meng 여몽, Gan Ning 감녕, and their supporters, also desirous of discussing the same thing, and they told him that opinions differed greatly, some being for peace and others for war. One party constantly disputed with the other.

27 "I must not say much now," replied Zhou Yu, "but you will see tomorrow in the palace, when the matter will be fully debated."

28 They went away leaving Zhou Yu smiling cynically.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,