삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 045-06 적 계략을 역이용

瑜又引幹到帳後一望,糧草堆積如山。瑜曰:「吾之糧草,頗足備否?」幹曰:「兵精糧足,名不虛傳。」瑜佯醉大笑曰:「想周瑜與子翼同學時,不曾望有今日。」幹曰:「以吾兄高才,實不為過。」瑜執幹手曰:「大丈夫處世,遇知己之主,外託君臣之義,內結骨肉之恩,言必行,計必從,禍福共之,假使蘇奏,張儀,陸賈,酈生,復出,口似懸河,舌如利刃,安能動我心哉!」

言罷大笑。蔣幹面如土色。瑜復攜幹入帳,會諸將再飲;因指諸將曰:「此皆江東之英傑。今日此會,可名『群英會』。」飲至天晚,點上燈燭,瑜自起舞劍作歌。歌曰:丈夫處世兮立功名;立功名兮慰平生。慰平生兮吾將醉;吾將醉兮發狂吟!

歌罷,滿座歡笑。至夜深,幹辭曰:「不勝酒力矣。」瑜命撤席,諸將辭出。瑜曰:「久不與子翼同榻,今宵抵足而眠。」於是佯作大醉之狀,攜幹入帳共寢。瑜和衣臥倒,嘔吐狼藉。蔣幹如何睡得著?伏枕聽時,軍中鼓打二更,起視殘燈尚明。看周瑜時,鼻息如雷。幹見帳內桌上,堆著一卷文書,乃起床偷視之,卻都是往來書信。內有一封,上寫「蔡瑁張允謹封」。幹大驚,暗讀之。書略曰:「某等降曹,非圖仕祿,迫於勢耳。今已賺北軍困於寨中,但得其便,即將操賊之首,獻於麾下。早晚人到,便有關報。幸勿見疑。先此敬覆。」

幹思曰:「原來蔡瑁,張允,結連東吳!……」遂將書暗藏於衣內。再欲檢看他書時,床上周瑜翻身,幹急滅燈就寢。瑜口內含糊曰:「子翼,我數日之內,教你看曹賊之首!」幹勉強應之。瑜又曰:「子翼,且住!……教你看曹賊之首!……」及幹問之,瑜又睡著。

幹伏於床上,將近四更,只聽得有人入帳喚曰:「都督醒否?」周瑜夢中做忽覺之狀,故問那人曰:「床上睡著何人?」答曰:「都督請子翼同寢,何故忘卻?」瑜懊悔曰:「吾平日未嘗飲醉。昨日醉後失事,不知可曾說甚言語?」那人曰:「江北有人到此。」瑜喝:「低聲!」便喚:「子翼。」蔣幹只裝睡著。瑜潛出帳。幹竊聽之,只聞有人在外曰:「張蔡二都督道:『急切不得下手。』……」後面言語頗低,聽不真實。

少頃,瑜入帳,又喚:「子翼。」蔣幹只是不應,蒙頭假睡。瑜亦解衣就寢。幹尋思:「周瑜是個精細人,天門尋書不見,必然害我。……」睡至五更,幹起喚周瑜,瑜卻睡著。幹戴上巾幘,潛步出帳,喚了小童,逕出轅門。軍士問:「先生那裏去?」幹曰:「吾在此恐誤都督事,權且告別。」軍士亦不阻當。

125 Then Zhou Yu 주유 led him to the rear of the tent whence he saw the grain and forage piled up in mountainous heaps.

126 "Do you not think I have a fairly good store of grain and forage?"

127 "Your troops are brave and your supplies ample: The empire's gossip is not baseless, indeed."

128 Zhou Yu pretended to be quite intoxicated and went on, "When you and I were students together, we never looked forward to a day like this, did we?"

129 "For a genius like you, it is nothing extraordinary," said the guest.

130 Zhou Yu again seized his hand, and they sat down.

131 "A man of the time, I have found a proper lord to serve. In his service, we rely upon the right feeling between minister and prince outside, and at home we are firm in the kindly feeling of relatives. He listens to my words and follows my plans. We share the same good or evil fortune. Even when the great old persuaders like Su Qin 소진, Zhang Yi 장의, Lu Jia 육가, and Li Yiji 역생 lived again, even when their words poured forth like a rushing river, their tongues were as a sharp sword, it is impossible to move such as I am!"

132 Zhou Yu burst into a loud laugh as he finished, and Jiang Gan's face had become clay-colored. Zhou Yu then led his guest back into the tent, and again they fell to drinking.

133 Presently Zhou Yu pointed to the others at table and said, "These are all the best and bravest of the land of the south. One might call this the 'Gathering of Heroes.'"

134 They drank on till daylight failed and continued after lamps had been lit. Zhou Yu even gave an exhibition of sword play and sang this song:

When a man is in the world, O, 
 He ought to do his best. 
 And when he's done his best, O. 
 He ought to have his rest. 
 And when I have my rest, O, 
 I'll quaff my wine with zest. 
 And when I'm drunk as drunk can be, O, 
 I'll sing the madman's litany.

136 A burst of applause greeted the song. By this time it was getting late, and the guest begged to be excused.

137 "The wine is too much for me," said Jiang Gan.

138 His host bade them clear the table.

139 As all the others left, Zhou Yu said, "It has been many a day since I shared a couch with my friend, but we will do so tonight."

140 Putting on the appearance of irresponsible intoxication, he led Jiang Gan into the tent and they went to bed. Zhou Yu simply fell, all dressed as he was, and lay there emitting uncouth grunts and groans, so that to the guest sleep was impossible.

141 Jiang Gan lay and listened to the various camp noises without and his host's thunderous snores within. About the second watch he rose and looked at his friend by the dim light of the small lamp. He also saw on the table a heap of papers, and coming out and looking at them furtively, he saw they were letters. Among them he saw one marked as coming from Cai Mao 채모 and Zhang Yun 장윤, Cao Cao's Supreme Admiral and Vice-Admiral. He read it and this is what it said:

142 "We surrendered to Cao Cao, not for the sake of pay but under stress of circumstances. Now we have been able to hold these northern soldiers into this naval camp but, as soon as occasion offers, we mean to have the rebel's head to offer as a sacrifice to your banner. From time to time there will be reports as occasions serve, but you may trust us. This is our humble reply to your letter."

143 "Those two were connected with the South Land in the beginning," thought Jiang Gan, so he secreted the letter in his dress and began to examine the others. But at that moment Zhou Yu turned over, and so Jiang Gan hastily blew out the light and went to his couch.

144 Zhou Yu was muttering as he lay there as if dreaming, saying, "Friend, I am going to let you see Cao Cao's head in a day or two."

145 Jiang Gan hastily made some reply to load on his host to say more. Then came, "Wait a few days; you will see Cao Cao's head. The old wretch!"

146 Jiang Gan tried to question him as to what he meant, but Zhou Yu was fast asleep and seemed to hear nothing. Jiang Gan lay there on his couch wide awake till the fourth watch was beating.

147 Then someone came in, saying, "General, are you awake?"

148 At that moment as if suddenly awakened from the deepest slumber, Zhou Yu started up and said, "Who is this on the couch?"

149 The voice replied, "Do you not remember, General? You asked your old friend to stay the night with you. It is he, of course."

150 "I drank too much last night," said Zhou Yu in a regretful tone, "and I forgot. I seldom indulge to excess and am not used to it. Perhaps I said many things I ought not."

151 The voice went on, "A man has arrived from the north."

152 "Speak lower," said Zhou Yu, and turning toward the sleeper, he called him by name. But Jiang Gan affected to be sound asleep and made no sign.

153 Zhou Yu crept out of the tent, while Jiang Gan listened with all his ears. He heard the man say, "Cai Mao and Zhang Yun, the two commanders, said that they cannot execute the plan in a hurry."

154 But listening as he did with straining ears, he could not make out what followed. Soon after Zhou Yu reentered and again called out his companion's name. But no reply came, for Jiang Gan was pretending to be in the deepest slumber and to hear nothing. Then Zhou Yu undressed and went to bed.

155 As Jiang Gan lay awake, he remembered that Zhou Yu was known to be meticulously careful in affairs, and if in the morning Zhou Yu found that a letter had disappeared, he would certainly slay the offender. So Jiang Gan lay there till near daylight and then called out to his host. Getting no reply, he rose, dressed, and stole out of the tent. Then he called his servant and made for the camp gate.

156 "Whither are you going, Sir?" said the watchmen at the gate.

157 "I fear I am in the way here," replied Jiang Gan, "and so I have taken leave of the Commander-in-Chief for a time. So do not stop me."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,