삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 056-02 제 꾀에 속은 주유

操視其人,乃文聘也。眾官曰:「且看文仲業射法。」文聘拈弓縱馬一箭,亦中紅心。眾皆喝采,金鼓亂鳴。聘大呼曰:「快取袍來!」只見紅袍隊中,又一將飛馬而出,厲聲曰:「文烈先射,汝何得爭奪?看我與你兩個解箭!」曳滿弓,一箭射去,也中紅心。眾人齊聲喝采。視其人,乃曹洪也。洪方欲取袍,只見綠袍隊裏又一將出,揚弓叫曰:「你三人射法,何足為奇!看我射來!」眾視之,乃張郃也。郃飛馬翻身,背射一箭,也中紅心。四枝箭齊齊的攢在紅心裏。眾人俱道:「好射法!」郃曰:「錦袍須該是我的!」

言未畢,紅袍隊中一將飛馬而出,大叫曰:「汝翻身背射,何足稱異!看我奪射紅心!」眾視之,乃夏侯淵也。淵驟馬至界口,紐回身一箭射去,正在四箭當中。金鼓齊鳴。淵勒馬按弓大叫曰:「此箭可奪得錦袍麼?」只見綠袍隊裏,一將應聲而出,大叫:「且留下袍與我徐晃!」淵曰:「汝更有何射法,可奪我袍?」晃曰:「汝射紅心,不足為異。看吾單取錦袍!」拈弓搭箭,遙望柳條射去,恰好射斷柳條,錦墜地。徐晃飛取錦袍,披於身上,驟馬至臺前聲喏曰:「謝丞相袍!」曹操與眾官無不稱羨。晃纔勒馬要回,猛然臺邊躍出一個綠袍將軍,大呼曰:「你將錦袍那裏去?早早留下與我!」眾視之,乃許褚也。晃曰:「袍已在此,汝何敢強奪!」褚更不回答,竟飛馬來奪袍。兩馬相近,徐晃便把弓打許褚。褚一手按住弓,把徐晃拖離鞍轎。晃急棄不了弓,翻身下馬,褚亦下馬,兩個揪住廝打。操急使人解開。那領錦袍己是扯得粉碎。操令二人都上臺。徐晃睜眉怒目,許褚切齒咬牙:各有相鬥之意。操笑曰:「孤特視公等之勇耳。豈惜一錦袍哉?」便教諸將盡都上臺,各賜蜀錦一疋。諸將各各稱謝。操命各依位次而坐。樂聲競奏,水陸並陳。文官武將輪次把盞,獻酬交錯。

操顧謂眾文官曰:「武將既以騎射為樂,足顯威勇矣。公等皆飽學之士,登此高臺,可不進佳章以紀一時之勝事乎?」眾官皆躬身而言曰:「願從鈞命。」

時有王朗,鍾繇,王粲,陳琳一班文官,進獻詩章。詩中多有稱頌曹操功德巍巍,合當受命之意。曹操遂一覽畢,笑曰:「諸公佳作,過譽甚矣。孤本愚陋,始舉孝廉。後值天下大亂,築精舍於譙東五十里,欲春夏讀書,秋冬射獵,以待天下清平,方出仕耳。不意朝廷徵孤為點軍校尉,遂更其意,專欲為國家討賊立功,圖死後得題墓道曰:『漢故征西將軍曹侯之墓』,平生願足矣。念自討董卓,剿黃巾以來,除袁術,破呂布,滅袁紹,定劉表遂平天下。身為宰相,人臣之貴已,又復何望哉?如國家無孤一人,正不知幾人稱帝,幾人稱王。或見孤權重,妄相忖度,疑孤有異心,此大謬也。孤常念孔子稱文王之至,此言耿耿在心。但欲孤委捐兵眾,歸就所封武平侯之職,實不可耳。誠恐一解兵柄,為人所害;孤敗則國家傾危,是以不得慕虛名而處實禍也。諸公必無知孤意者。」眾皆起拜曰:「雖伊尹、周公,不及丞相矣。」後人有詩曰:

周公恐懼流言日,
王莽謙恭下士時。
假使當年身便死,
一生真偽有誰知!

18 Cao Cao looked at the speaker, who was Wen Ping. And some of the officers cried, "Let us see what his shooting is like!"

19 So Wen Ping fitted an arrow to the string and fired also from horseback while galloping. To the surprise of the onlookers, he also made a bull's eye, which was honored by another salute from gongs and drums.

20 "Quickly bring me the robe," cried Wen Ping.

21 But at once from the ranks of the red-robed another competitor dashed forward, shouting fiercely, "How can you win what has been already won? But let me show you how I can shoot an arrow that shall overcome both your shots."

22 He drew his bow to the full, and the arrow flew straight to the heart of the red. The surprised onlookers saw that this new competitor was Cao Hong, who now became also a claimant for the robe.

23 However, yet another archer came forth from the green-robed ranks, playing with his bow and crying, "What is there amazing in your shooting, you three? See how I can shoot."

24 This man was Zhang He. He put his horse to the gallop, then turned his back and, shooting backwards, also hit the center of the red.

25 Thus four arrows were now sticking in the bull's eye, and all agreed that it was marvelous archery.

26 "I think the robe should be mine," said Zhang He.

27 Before he could finish speaking, a fifth competitor came out from the red robes and shouted, "You shot backwards; but that is commonplace enough. Look while I shoot better than you all."

28 The speaker was Xiahou Yuan. He galloped off to the very limit, and then bending his body over backwards he sent his arrow right in among the other four.

29 As the gongs and drums broke out, Xiahou Yuan put aside his bow and rode up, saying, "Is not that a better shot than any of its predecessors?"

30 Then came out another from the greens who cried, "Leave the robe there for me, Xu Huang, to win!"

31 "What can you do that is better than my shot?" said Xiahou Yuan.

32 "That you hit the bull's eye is no great feat. You will see me win the silken robe after all."

33 So speaking, Xu Huang fitted an arrow to his bow. Then looking around, he aimed at the willow twig from which the robe hung down and shot thereat so true that his arrow cut it through, and the robe fluttered to the ground. At once Xu Huang dashed along, picked up the robe and slipped it on. Then riding swiftly to the terrace, he thanked the Prime Minister. No one present could withhold unstinted praise, and Xu Huang was turning to ride away.

34 But another green clad general leaped out, saying, "Where would you go with that robe? Quickly leave it for me!"

35 All eyes turned to this man who was Xu Chu.

36 Xu Huang cried, "The robe has already been adjudged to me. Would you dare take it by forces"

37 Xu Chu made no reply but galloped up to snatch the robe. As Xu Chu's horse drew near, Xu Huang struck at his rival a blow with his bow. But Xu Chu seized the bow with one hand while with the other he simply lifted his opponent out of his seat. Wherefore Xu Huang let go the bow and the next moment lay sprawling on the ground. Xu Chu slipped out of the saddle too, and they began to pommel each other with their fists. Cao Cao sent one to separate them. But in the struggle, the robe had been torn and soiled. Cao Cao called the angry rivals before him; and they came, one darting fierce looks of hate, the other grinding his teeth with rage.

38 "Never mind the robe. I see only your magnificent courage," said Cao Cao smiling. "What does a robe more or less matter?"

39 Whereupon Cao Cao called the generals to him one by one, and to each he presented a robe of Xichuan silk. They thanked him for the generous gifts, and he then commanded them to take their seats in due order. Then to the strains of a band of music, wherein each performer vied with all the others, the naval and military officers took their places. Civil officers of repute and generals of renown drank one to another, and hearty felicitations were exchanged.

40 Cao Cao looked around to those about him, saying, "Since the military officers have competed in mounted archery for our enjoyment and displayed their boldness and their skill, you, Gentlemen Scholars, stuffed full of learning as you are, can surely mount the terrace and present some complimentary odes to make the occasion a perfect success."

41 "We are most willing to obey your commands," they replied, all bowing low.

42 At that time there was a band of four scholars named Wang Lang, Zhong Yao, Wang Can, and Chen Lin, and each of them presented a poem. Every poem sang the praises of Cao Cao's valuable services and great merits and said he was worthy to receive the highest trust of all.

43 When Cao Cao had read them, he laughed, saying, "You gentlemen are really too flattering. As a fact I am but an ignoramus who began life with a simple bachelor's degree and recommendations for filial devotion. And when the troubles began, I built for myself a little cottage in the country near Qiao, where I could study in spring and summer and spend the rest of the year in hunting till the empire was once more tranquil and I could emerge and take office.

44 "To my surprise, I was chosen for a small military office which changed my intentions, and I determined to repress the rebellion and so make a name for myself. I thought that I might win an inscription on my tomb to the effect that it covered the remains of the 'Lord Cao Cao Who Restores Order in the West.' That would have been ample for a life's work. I recall now how I destroyed Dong Zhuo and smote the Yellow Scarves; then I made away with Yuan Shu and broke the power of Lu Bu; next I exterminated Yuan Shao; and at the death of Liu Biao, I had subdued the whole empire.

45 "As a minister of state I have attained the topmost pinnacle of honor, and I have no more to hope for. Were it not for poor me, I know not how many there would be styling themselves emperors and dubbing themselves princes. Certain there be who, seeing my great authority, think I have some ulterior aim. But they are quite wrong. I ever bear in mind what Confucius said of King Wen of Zhou, that he was perfectly virtuous, and this saying is ever engraved on my mind. If I could, I would do away with my armies and retire to my fief with my simple title of Lord of Wuping. Alas! I cannot. I am afraid to lay down my military powers lest I should come to harm. Should I be defeated, the state would totter; and so I may not risk real misfortune for the sake of an empty reputation for kindness. There be some of you who do not know my heart."

46 As he closed, they all rose and bowed their heads, saying, "None are your equals, O Prime Minister, not even Duke of Zhou or the great Minister Yi Yin."

47 A poem has been written referring to this:

48 Had Duke Zhou, the virtuous, died, while foul-mouthed slander 
was spreading vile rumors; 
Or Wang Mang, the treacherous, while he was noted for the 
deference paid to learned men; 
None would have known their real characters.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,