삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 063-03 낙봉파

玄德軍馬比及奔到寨中,張任軍馬又從小路裏截出。劉瑰,吳蘭,雷同,當先趕來。玄德守不住二寨,且戰且走,奔回涪關。蜀兵得勝,迤邐追趕。玄德人困馬乏,那裡有心廝殺,且只顧奔走。將近涪關,張任一軍追趕至緊。幸得左邊劉封,右邊關平,二將引三萬生力兵截出,殺退張任;還趕二十里,奪回戰馬極多。

玄德一行軍馬,再入涪關。問龐統消息。有落鳳坡逃得性命的軍士,報說:「軍師連人帶馬,被亂箭射死於坡前。」玄德聞言,望西痛哭不已,遙為招魂設祭。諸將皆哭。黃忠曰:「今番折了龐統軍師,張任必然來攻打涪關,如之奈何?不若差人往荊州,請諸葛軍師來商議收川之計。」正說之間,人報「張任引軍直臨城下搦戰。」黃忠,魏延皆西要出戰。玄德曰:「銳氣新挫,宜堅守以待軍師來到。」黃忠魏延領命,只緊守城池。玄德寫一封書,教關平分付:「你與我往州請軍師去。」關平領了書,星夜往荊州來。玄德自守涪關,並不出戰。

卻說孔明在荊州,時當七夕佳節,大會眾官夜宴,共說收川之事。只見正西上一星,其大如斗,從天墜下,流光四散。孔明失驚,擲杯於地,掩面哭曰:「哀哉!痛哉!」眾官慌問其故。孔明曰:「吾前者算今年罡星在西方,不利於軍師;天狗犯於吾軍,太白臨於雒城,已拜書主公,教謹防之。誰想今夕西方星墜,龐士元命必休矣!」言罷,大哭曰:「今吾主喪一臂矣!」眾官皆驚,未信其言。孔明曰:「數日之內,必有消息。」是夕酒不盡歡而散。

數日之後,孔明與雲長等正坐間,人報關平到。眾官皆驚。關平入,呈上玄德書信。孔明視之,內言:「本年七月初七日,龐軍師被張任在落鳳坡前,箭射身故。」孔明大哭,眾官無不垂淚。孔明曰:「既主公在涪關,進退兩難之際,亮不得不去。」雲長曰:「軍師去,誰人保守荊州?荊州乃重地,干係非輕。」孔明曰:「主公書中雖不明寫其人,吾已知其意了。」乃將玄德書與眾官看曰:「主公書中,把荊州託在吾身上,教我自量才委用。雖然如此,今教關平齎書前來,其意欲雲長公當此重任。雲長想桃園結義之情,可竭力保守此地。責任非輕,公宜勉之。」雲長更不推辭,慨然領諾。孔明設宴,交割印綬。雲長雙手來接。孔明擎著印曰:「這干係都在將軍身上。」雲長曰:「大丈夫既領重任,除死方休。」孔明見雲長說個「死」字,心中不悅;欲待不與,其言已出。孔明曰:「倘曹操引兵來到,當如之何?」雲長曰:「以力拒之。」孔明又曰:「倘曹操,孫權,齊起兵來,如之奈何?」雲長曰:「分兵拒之。」孔明曰:「若如此,荊州危矣。吾有八個字,將軍牢記,可保守荊州。」雲長問那八個字。孔明曰:「北拒曹操,東和孫權。」雲長曰:「軍師之言,當銘肺腑。」

54 Liu Bei's army made a dash for two stockades, but when Zhang Ren came along the by-road, and the other three defenders of the city came on, the stockades could not be held, and Liu Bei's army had to retire. Now fighting and now marching, the army of Liu Bei strove hard to reach River Fu Pass, but Zhang Ren pressed close. However, Liu Feng and Guan Ping came up, and not only drove back the pursuers but chased them some seven miles. Finally, Liu Bei and his troops reached the Pass, weary and dispirited. His son and nephew returned from the pursuit with many horses they had captured from the flying enemy. However, nothing had been gained and the victory lay rather with the army of the West River Land.

55 Liu Bei sent to inquire about Pang Tong. One of the fugitives from the army finally reached River Fu Pass and told Liu Bei of the sad news---man and horse wounded to death. Liu Bei turned his face to the west and mourned bitterly.

56 Although the body of the slain leader lay far away, they instituted sacrifice to call the spirit, and all the generals keened for him.

57 Then said Huang Zhong, "Now that our leader is no more, certainly the enemy will return to attack the Pass. What is to be done? I think we had better send to Jingzhou for Zhuge Liang and get him to lay plans for getting possession of the West River Land."

58 And even then came in one to say that the enemy under Zhang Ren had come and were now offering a challenge at the rampart.
59 Huang Zhong and Wei Yan wished to go forth to fight, but Liu Bei disapproved, saying, "We have suffered a severe check, and the soldiers are low-spirited. Let us rather remain on the defensive until the Directing Instructor can arrive."

60 Huang Zhong and Wei Yan made no objection, but set themselves to guard the Pass most vigilantly, while a letter was written to Zhuge Liang and sent by the hand of Guan Ping. He set forth at once, and Liu Bei gave himself up to holding the Pass.

61 In Jingzhou, it was the seventh day of the seventh moon, and in the evening Zhuge Liang invited his officers to a banquet. Conversation turned toward the enterprise in the West River Land. Suddenly a large and brilliant meteor appeared falling in the west, illuminating the whole sky. It so disturbed the host that he dashed his wine cup to the ground, covered his face, and burst into tears.

62 "Alas! Alas!"

63 The guests eagerly asked him why he wept.

64 Zhuge Liang replied, "I knew by my calculations that the bowl of the Dipper would be in the west at this season and that the auspices would be unfavorable to leaders of armies, and lo! the Heavens have gone against our army. When Venus was about to stand over Luocheng, I wrote to our lord warning him to be very cautious. I never contemplated the falling of the star this evening. Now Pang Tong is no more."

65 Again he fell to weeping. "My lord has lost an arm!" moaned he.

66 The guests were rather disturbed, but they only half believed that such a misfortune had happened.

67 "We shall hear the sad news in a very few days," said Zhuge Liang.

68 The banquet ended sadly enough, and the guests went their ways. A few days later, while Zhuge Liang was sitting with Guan Yu and a few others, they reported the arrival of Guan Ping with letters from the west. When the letters were opened, they knew that Pang Tong had fallen the same evening that the meteor had appeared.

69 Zhuge Liang wailed, and the others wept with him.

70 Then Zhuge Liang said, "I must go to help our lord. He is hemmed in at the Pass and cannot move."

71 "If you go away, who will guard this region?" asked Guan Yu. "It is of very great importance."

72 "Our lord has not written plainly, but I know what was in his mind." Then he showed the letter to the others and said, "Provision for the defense of this region is laid upon me, and I am to find one equal to the task. I read the letter to mean that he desires Guan Yu to undertake the defense, and I know that Guan Yu will do it for the sake of the pledge taken long ago in the Peach Garden. The task is no light one."

73 Guan Yu accepted without hesitation or thought of excuse. A special banquet was prepared at which the seal was to be handed over to him.

74 "All the future rests with you, General," said Zhuge Liang as he raised the symbol of office to place it in the hands of the leader.

75 "When a person of honor accepts such a task, he is only released by death," replied Guan Yu.

76 But that ill-omened word "death" displeased Zhuge Liang, and even then he would have retracted but that Guan Yu's word had gone forth. Zhuge Liang went on.

77 "Now if Cao Cao attacks what is to be done?" said Zhuge Liang.

78 "Repel him with all my strength."

79 "But if Cao Cao and Sun Quan attack you together, what then?"

80 "Fight both; half my force against each."

81 Zhuge Liang said, "In that case, Jingzhou would be in danger. I will give you my advice in a few words, and if you remember them the region is safe."

82 "What are these few words?" asked Guan Yu.

83 "North, fight Cao Cao; south, ally with Sun Quan."

84 "These words, O Instructor, are engraved on my heart."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,