삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 100-01 기회를 놓친 퇴군

第一百回   漢兵劫寨破曹真  武侯鬥陣辱仲達

Raiding A Camp, The Shu Soldiers Defeat Cao Zhen;
Contesting Array Battles, Zhuge Liang Shames Sima Yi.

卻說眾將聞孔明不追魏兵,俱入帳告曰:「魏兵苦雨,不能屯紮,因此回去。正好乘勢追之,丞相如何不追?」孔明曰:「司馬懿善能用兵,今軍退必有埋伏。吾若追之,正中其計。不如縱他遠去,吾卻分兵逕出斜谷,而取祁山,使魏人不隄防也。」

眾將曰:「取長安之地,別有路途,丞相只取祁山,何也?」孔明曰:「祁山乃長安之首也;隴西諸郡,倘有兵來,必經由此地。更兼前臨渭濱,後靠斜谷,左出右入,可以伏兵,乃用武之地。吾故欲先取此,得地利也。」

眾將皆拜服。孔明令魏延、張嶷、杜瓊、陳式出箕谷;馬岱、王平、張翼、馬忠出斜谷;俱會於祁山。調撥已定,孔明自提大軍,令關興、廖化為先鋒,隨後進發。

卻說曹真、司馬懿二人,在後監督軍馬,令一軍往陳倉古道探視,回報說蜀兵不來。又行旬日,後面伏兵皆回,說蜀兵全無音耗。真曰:「連綿秋雨,棧道斷絕,蜀人豈知吾等退兵耶?」懿曰:「蜀兵隨後出矣。」真曰:「何以知之?」懿曰:「連日晴明,蜀兵不趕,料吾有伏兵也,故縱吾兵遠去;待我兵過盡,他卻奪祁山矣。」

曹真不信。懿曰:「子丹如何不信?吾料孔明必從兩谷而來。吾與子丹各守一谷口,十日為期。若無蜀兵來,我面塗紅粉,身穿女衣,來營中伏罪。」真曰:「若有蜀兵來,我願將天子所賜玉帶一條、御馬一匹與你。」即兵分兩路:真引兵屯於祈山之西,斜谷口;懿引軍屯於祈山之東,箕谷口。

各下寨已畢。懿先引一枝兵伏於山谷中;其餘軍馬,各於要路安營。懿更換衣裝,雜在眾軍之內,遍觀各營。忽到一營,有一偏將仰天而怨曰:「大雨淋了許多時,不肯回去,今又在這裏頓住,強要賭賽,卻不苦了官軍!」

懿聞言,歸寨升帳,聚眾將皆到帳下,挨出那將來。懿叱之曰:「朝廷養軍千日,用在一時。汝安敢口出怨言,以慢軍心!」其人不招。懿叫出同伴之人對證,那將不能抵賴。懿曰:「吾非賭賽;欲勝蜀兵,令汝各人有功回朝。汝乃妄出怨言,自取罪戾!」喝令武士推出斬之。須臾,獻首帳下。眾將悚然。懿曰:「汝等諸將皆要盡心已防蜀兵。聽吾中軍炮響,四面皆進。」眾將受命而退。

卻說魏延、張嶷、陳式、杜瓊四將,引二萬兵,取箕谷而進。正行之間,忽報參謀鄧芝到來,四將問其故。芝曰:「丞相有令:如出箕谷,隄防魏兵埋伏,不可輕進。」陳式曰:「丞相用兵何多疑耶?吾料魏兵連遭大雨,衣甲皆毀,必然急歸;安得又有埋伏?今吾兵倍道而進,可獲大勝,如何又教休進?」芝曰:「丞相計無不中,謀無不成,汝安敢違命?」式笑曰:「丞相若果多謀,不致街亭之失!」

魏延想起孔明向日不聽其計,亦笑曰:「丞相若聽吾言,逕出子午谷,此時休說長安,連洛陽皆得矣!今執定要出祈山,有何益耶?既令進兵,今又教休進,何其號令不明!」陳式曰:「吾自有五千兵,逕出箕谷,先到祈山下寨,看丞相羞也不羞!」芝再三阻當,式只不聽,逕自引五千兵出箕谷去了。鄧芝只得飛報孔明。

卻說陳式引兵行不數里,忽聽一聲炮響,四面伏兵皆出。式急退時,魏兵塞滿谷口,圍得鐵桶相似。式左衝右突,不能得脫。忽聞喊聲大震,一彪軍殺入,乃是魏延;救了陳式,回到谷中,五千兵只剩得四五百帶傷人馬。背後魏兵趕來,卻得杜瓊、張嶷引兵接應,魏兵方退。陳、魏兩人方信孔明先見如神,懊悔不及。

1 When the Shu officers got to know that the Wei army had gone but they were not to pursue, they were inclined to discontent and went in a body to the Prime Minister's tent and said, "The rain has driven the enemy away. Surely it is the moment to pursue."

2 Zhuge Liang replied, "Sima Yi is an able leader who would not retreat without leaving an ambush to cover it. If we pursue we shall fall victims. Let him go in peace, and I shall then get through the Xie Valley and take Qishan, making use of the enemy's lack of defense."

3 "But there are other ways of taking Changan," said they. "Why only take Qishan?"

4 "Because Qishan is the first step to Changan, and I want to gain the advantage of position. And every transportation from the West Valley Land must come this way. It rests on River Wei in front and is backed by the Xie Valley. It gives the greatest freedom of movement and is a natural maneuvering ground. That is why I want it."

5 They bowed to his wisdom.

6 Then Zhuge Liang dispatched Wei Yan, Zhang Ni, Du Qiong, and Chen Shi for Gu Valley; and he sent Ma Dai, Wang Ping, Zhang Yi, and Ma Zheng for the Xie Valley; all were to meet at the Qishan Mountains. He led the main army himself, with Guan Xing and Liao Hua in the van.

7 When the Wei army retreated, Cao Zhen and Sima Yi remained in the rear superintending the movement. They sent a reconnoitering party along the old road to Chencang, and they returned saying no enemy was to be seen. Ten days later the leaders, who had commanded in the ambush, joined the main body saying that they had seen no sign of the enemy.

8 Cao Zhen said, "This continuous autumn rain has rendered all the plank trails impassable. How could the soldiers of Shu know of our retreat?"

9 "They will appear later," said Sima Yi.

10 "How can you know?"

11 "These late five dry days they have not pursued, because they think we shall have left a rearguard in ambush. Therefore they have let us get well away. But after we have gone, they will try to occupy Qishan."

12 Cao Zhen was not convinced.

13 "Why do you doubt?" asked Sima Yi. "I think Zhuge Liang will certainly advance by way of the two valleys, and you and I should guard the entrances. I give them ten days, and if they do not appear, I will come to your camp painted in the face to own my mistake."

14 "If the army of Shu do appear, I will give you the girdle and the steed that the Emperor gave me," replied Cao Zhen.

15 And they split their force, Cao Zhen taking up his station on the west of Qishan in the Xie Valley, and Sima Yi going to the east in the Gu Valley.

16 As soon as the camp was settled, Sima Yi led a cohort into hiding in the valley. The remainder of the force was placed in detachments on the chief roads.

17 Sima Yi disguised himself as a soldier and went among the soldiers to get a private survey of all the camps.

18 In one of them he happened upon a junior officer who was complaining, saying, "The rain has drenched us for days, and they would not retire. Now they have camped here for a wager. They have no pity for us soldiers."

19 Sima Yi returned to his tent and assembled his officers.

20 Hauling out the grumbler, Sima Yi said to him, angrily, "The state feeds and trains soldiers a thousand days for one hour's service. How dare you give vent to your spleen to the detriment of discipline?"

21 The man would not confess, so his comrades were called to bear witness. Still he would not own up.

22 "I am not here for a wager, but to overcome Shu," said Sima Yi. "Now you all have done well and are going home, but only this fellow complains and is guilty of mutinous conduct."

23 Sima Yi ordered the lictors to put him to death, and in a short time they produced his head.

24 The others were terrified, but Sima Yi said, "All you must do your utmost to guard against the enemy. When you hear a bomb explode, rush out on all sides and attack."

25 With this order they retired.

26 Now Wei Yan, Zhang Ni, Chen Shi, and Du Qiong, with twenty thousand troops, entered the Gu Valley. As they were marching, Adviser Deng Zhi came.

27 "I bear an order from the Prime Minister. As you go out of the valley, beware of the enemy," said Deng Zhi.

28 Chen Shi said, "Why is the Prime Minister so full of doubts? We know the soldiers of Wei have suffered severely from the rain and must hasten home. They will not lay any ambush. We are doing double marches and shall gain a great victory. Why are we to delay?"

29 Deng Zhi replied, "You know the Prime Minister's plans always succeed. How dare you disobey his orders?"

30 Chen Shi smiled, saying, "If he was really so resourceful, we should not have lost Jieting."

31 Wei Yan, recalling that Zhuge Liang had rejected his plan, also laughed, and said, "If he had listened to me and gone out through Ziwu Valley, not only Changan but Luoyang too would be ours. Now he is bent on taking Qishan. What is the good of it? He gave us the order to advance and now he stops us. Truly the orders are confusing."

32 Then said Chen Shi, "I will tell you what I will do. I shall take only five thousand troops, get through the Gu Valley, and camp at Qishan. Then you will see how ashamed the Prime Minister will look."

33 Deng Zhi argued and persuaded, but to no avail: The willful leader hurried on to get out of the valley. Deng Zhi could only return as quickly as possible and report.

34 Chen Shi proceeded. He had gone a few miles when he heard a bomb, and he was in an ambush. He tried to withdraw, but the valley was full of the enemy and he was surrounded as in an iron cask. All his efforts to get out failed. Then there was a shout, and Wei Yan came to the rescue. Wei Yan saved his comrade, but Chen Shi's five thousand troops was reduced to about five hundred, and these wounded. The Wei soldiers pursued, but two other divisions of Zhang Ni and Du Qiong prevented the pursuit, and finally the army of Wei retired.

35 Chen Shi and Wei Yan who had criticized Zhuge Liang's powers of prevision no longer doubted that he saw very clearly. They regretted their own shortsightedness.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,