삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 103-01 오장원

第百零三回 上方谷司馬受困  五丈原諸葛禳星

In Gourd Valley, Sima Yi Is Trapped;
In Wuzhang Hills, Zhuge Liang Invokes The Stars.

卻說司馬懿被張翼、廖化一陣殺敗,匹馬單鎗,望密林間而走,張翼收住後軍,廖化當先追趕。看看趕上,懿著慌遶樹而轉。化一刀砍去,正砍在樹上,及拔出刀時,懿已走出林外。廖化隨後趕出,卻不知去向,但見樹林之東,落下金盔一個。廖化取盔捎在馬上,一直望東追趕。原來司馬懿把金盔棄於林東,卻反向西走去了。

廖化追了一程,不見蹤跡,奔出谷口,遇見姜維。同回寨見孔明。張嶷早驅木牛流馬到寨。交割已畢,獲糧萬餘石。廖化獻上金盔,錄為頭功。魏延心中不悅,口出怨言,孔明只做不知。

且說司馬懿逃回寨中,心甚惱悶。忽使命齎詔至,言東吳三路入寇,朝廷正議命將抵敵,令懿等堅守忽戰。懿受命已畢,深溝高壘,堅守不出。

卻說曹叡聞孫權分兵三路而來,亦起兵三路迎之:命劉劭引兵救江夏,田豫引兵救襄陽,叡自與滿寵率大軍救合淝。滿寵先引一軍至巢湖口,望見東岸戰船無數,旌旗整肅。寵入軍中秦魏主曰:「吳人必輕我遠來,未曾隄備今夜可乘虛劫其水寨必得全勝。」魏主曰:「汝言正合朕意。」即令驍將張球領五千兵,各帶火具,從湖口攻之;滿寵引兵五千,從東岸攻之。

是夜二更時分,張球、滿寵,各引軍悄悄望湖口進發﹔將近水寨,一齊吶喊刷殺入。吳兵慌亂,不戰而走﹔被魏軍四下舉火,燒毀戰船、糧草、器具不計其數。諸葛瑾率敗兵逃走沔口。魏兵大勝而回。

次日,哨軍報知陸遜。遜集諸將議曰:「吾當作表申奏主上,請撤新城之圍,以兵斷魏軍歸路,吾率眾攻其前,彼首尾不敵,一鼓可破也。」

眾服其言。陸遜即具表,遺一小校密地齎往新城。小校領命,齎看表文,行至渡口,不期被魏軍伏路的捉住,解赴軍中見魏主曹叡。叡搜出陸遜表文,覽畢,歎曰:「東吳陸遜,真妙算也許!」遂命將吳卒監下,命劉劭謹防孫權後兵。

卻說諸葛瑾大敗一陣,又值暑天,人馬多生疾病;乃修書一封,令人轉達陸遜,議欲撤兵還國。遜看書畢,謂來人曰:「拜上將軍;吾自有主意。」使者回報諸葛瑾。瑾問:「陸將軍作何舉動?」使者曰:「但見陸將軍催督眾人於營外種荳菽,自與諸將在轅門射戲。」

瑾大驚,親自往陸遜營中,與遜相見;問曰:「今曹叡親來,兵勢甚盛,都督何以禦之?」遜日:「吾前遣人奏表於主上,不料為敵人所獲。機謀既洩,彼必知備;與戰無益,不如且退。己差人奉表約主上緩緩退兵矣。」瑾日:「都督既有此意,即宜速退,何又遲延?」遜曰:「吾軍欲退,當徐徐而動。今若退兵,魏人必乘勢追趕;此取敗之道也。足下宜先督戰船詐為拒敵之意。吾悉以人軍向襄陽而進,為疑敵之計,然後徐徐退歸江東,魏兵自不敢近耳。」瑾依其計,遜辭歸本營,整頓船隻,預備起行。陸遜整肅部伍,張揚聲勢,望襄陽進發。

早有細作報知魏主,說吳兵已動,須用隄防。魏將聞之,皆要出戰。魏主素知陸遜之才,諭眾將曰:「陸遜有謀,莫非用誘敵之計,不可輕動。」眾將乃止。數日後,哨卒來報說:「東吳三路兵馬皆退矣。」魏主未信,再令人探之,回報果然盡退。魏主嘆曰:「陸遜用兵,不亞孫吳,東南未可平也。」遂飭諸將,各守險要,自引大軍屯合淝,以伺其變。

1 Heavily smitten in the battle, Sima Yi fled from the field a lonely horseman. Seeing a thick wood in the distance, he made for its shelter.

2 Zhang Yi halted the rear division while Liao Hua pressed forward after the fugitive, whom he could see threading his way among the trees. And Sima Yi indeed was soon in fear of his life, dodging from tree to tree as his pursuer neared. Once Liao Hua was actually close enough to slash at his enemy, but Liao Hua missed the blow and his sword struck a tree; and before he could pull his sword out of the wood, Sima Yi had got clear away. When Liao Hua got through into the open country, he did not know which way to go. Presently he noticed a golden helmet lying on the ground to the east, just lately thrown aside. He picked it up, hung it on his saddle, and went away eastward.

3 But the crafty fugitive, having flung away his helmet thus on the east side of the wood, had gone away west, so that Liao Hua was going away from his quarry. After some time Liao Hua fell in with Jiang Wei, when he abandoned the pursuit and rode with Jiang Wei back to camp.

4 The wooden oxen and running horses having been driven into camp, their loads were put into the storehouse. The grain that fell to the victors amounted to ten thousand carts or more.

5 Liao Hua presented the enemy's helmet as proof of his prowess in the field, and received a reward of the first grade of merit. Wei Yan went away angry and discontented; Zhuge Liang noticed this, but he said nothing.

6 Very sadly Sima Yi returned to his own camp. Bad news followed, for a messenger brought letters telling of an invasion by three armies of Wu. The letters said that forces had been sent against them, and the Ruler of Wei again enjoined upon his Commander-in-Chief a waiting and defensive policy. So Sima Yi deepened his moats and raised his ramparts.

7 Meanwhile, when the South Land marched against the Middle Land, Cao Rui sent three armies against the invaders: Liu Shao led that to save Jiangxia; Tian Du led the Xiangyang force; Cao Rui himself, with Man Chong, went into Hefei. This last was the main army.

8 Man Chong led the leading division toward Lake Chaohu. Thence, looking across to the eastern shore, he saw a forest of battleships, and flags and banners crowded the sky. So he returned to the main army and proposed an attack without loss of time.

9 "The enemy think we shall be fatigued after a long march, and so they have not troubled to prepare any defense. We should attack this night, and we shall overcome them."

10 "What you say accords with my own ideas," said the Ruler of Wei.

11 Then the Ruler of Wei told off the cavalry leader, Zhang Qiu, to take five thousand troops and try to burn out the enemy with combustibles. Man Chong was also to attack from the eastern bank.

12 In the second watch of that night, the two forces set out and gradually approached the entrance to the lake. They reached the marine camp unobserved, burst upon it with a yell, and the soldiers of Wu fled without striking a blow. The troops of Wei set fires going in every direction and thus destroyed all the ships together with much grain and many weapons.

13 Zhuge Jin, who was in command, led his beaten troops to Miankou, and the attackers returned to their camp much elated.

14 When the report came to Lu Xun, he called together his officers and said, "I must write to the Emperor to abandon the siege of Xincheng, that the army may be employed to cut off the retreat of the Wei army while I will attack them in front. They will be harassed by the double danger, and we shall break them."

15 All agreed that this was a good plan, and the memorial was drafted. It was sent by the hand of a junior officer, who was told to convey it secretly. But this messenger was captured at the ferry and taken before the Ruler of Wei.

16 Cao Rui read the dispatch, then said with a sigh, "This Lu Xun of Wu is really very resourceful."

17 The captive was put into prison, and Liu Shao was told off to defend the rear and keep off Sun Quan's army.

18 Now Zhuge Jin's defeated soldiers were suffering from hot weather illnesses, and at length he was compelled to write and tell Lu Xun, and ask that his army be relieved and sent home.

19 Having read this dispatch, Lu Xun said to the messenger, "Make my obeisance to the General, and say that I will decide."

20 When the messenger returned with this reply, Zhuge Jin asked what was doing in the Commander-in-Chief's camp.

21 The messenger replied, "The soldiers were all outside planting beans, and the officers were amusing themselves at the gates. They were playing a game of skill, throwing arrows into narrow-necked vases."

22 Alarmed, Zhuge Jin himself went to his chief's camp.

23 Said he, "Cao Rui himself leads the expedition, and the enemy is very strong. How do you, O Commander, meet this pressing danger?"

24 Lu Xun replied, "My messenger to the Emperor was captured, and thus my plans were discovered. Now it is useless to prepare to fight, and so we had better retreat. I have sent in a memorial to engage the Emperor to retire gradually."

25 Zhuge Jin replied, "Why delay? If you think it best to retire, it had better be done quickly."

26 "My army must retreat slowly, or the enemy will come in pursuit, which will mean defeat and loss. Now you must first prepare your ships as if you meant to resist, while I make a semblance of an attack toward Xiangyang. Under cover of these operations we shall withdraw into the South Land, and the enemy will not dare to follow."

27 So Zhuge Jin returned to his own camp and began to fit out his ships as if for an immediate expedition, while Lu Xun made all preparations to march, giving out that he intended to advance upon Xiangyang.

28 The news of these movements were duly reported in the Wei camps. When the leaders heard it, they wished to go out and fight. But the Ruler of Wei knew his opponent better than they and would not bring about a battle.

29 So he called his officers together and said to them, "This Lu Xun is very crafty. Keep careful guard, but do not risk a battle."

30 The officers obeyed.

31 A few days later the scouts brought in news: "The three armies of Wu have retired!"

32 The Ruler of Wei doubted and sent out some of his own spies, who confirmed the report.

33 When he thus knew it was true, he consoled himself with the words, "Lu Xun knows the art of war even as did Sun Zi and Wu Qi. The subjugation of the southeast is not for me this time."

34 Thereupon Cao Rui distributed his generals among the various vantage points and led the main army back into Hefei, where he camped ready to take advantage of any change of conditions that might promise success.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,